List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Broomhead?

Outside mid / forward. Suffered that horrible injury last year, and was put onto Collingwood's rookie list this year. Understandably struggles to get a game with the depth of their midfield.

Would likely come cheap and could be worth a shot.

Freo have certainly done well in trades. Hogan and Weller deals great for them. No doubt they’ll have to pay 2 firsts for Kelly.
Weller trade sure.

Hogan was for picks 6 and 23. I reckon that's the equivalent of a 10% discount. Good at the time for them, but Jesse has done nothing to repay them and just been ruled out for the year with his foot. I'm glad we cashed in when we did.

Weller trade sure.

Hogan was for picks 6 and 23. I reckon that's the equivalent of a 10% discount. Good at the time for them, but Jesse has done nothing to repay them and just been ruled out for the year with his foot. I'm glad we cashed in when we did.
Freo got him for unders. But they didn’t think his foot was cooked. He didn’t do a lot when he did play this year. But reality is he was worth 2 firsts. IMO anyway. I expected he would only get better after averaging over a couple of goals a game with us.

Freo got him for unders. But they didn’t think his foot was cooked. He didn’t do a lot when he did play this year. But reality is he was worth 2 firsts. IMO anyway. I expected he would only get better after averaging over a couple of goals a game with us.
Two firsts is a tricky one. Yes he probably was, but 6+15 or so. Not two within top 10. We wouldn't get 6 alone for him now compounded by the fact Freo will be after Kelly who is worth two within top 10.

Side note, pick 10 Adelaide got from us for Lever was used on Darcy Fogarty who hasn't played a game yet this season. The other pick they got was used on... the infamous Liam Stocker trade. We got Lever and Harrison Petty. Adelaide winning purely on the Stocker trade. Trades are interesting.

Two firsts is a tricky one. Yes he probably was, but 6+15 or so. Not two within top 10. We wouldn't get 6 alone for him now compounded by the fact Freo will be after Kelly who is worth two within top 10.

Side note, pick 10 Adelaide got from us for Lever was used on Darcy Fogarty who hasn't played a game yet this season. The other pick they got was used on... the infamous Liam Stocker trade. We got Lever and Harrison Petty. Adelaide winning purely on the Stocker trade. Trades are interesting.
False. Pick 10 was traded to Carlton and they used it on Lochie O’Brien.

Guarantee if we got 6 and 18 you blokes would be saying we reamed them purely because you could write 2x firsts.

18 and 18 is 2 firsts aswell, the continual mashing of 2x firsts into conversations without any realization of values is hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guarantee if we got 6 and 18 you blokes would be saying we reamed them purely because you could write 2x firsts.

18 and 18 is 2 firsts aswell, the continual mashing of 2x firsts into conversations without any realization of values is hilarious
The value of pick 18 would have been maybe turning it into pick 2 this year instead of Adelaide doing it with 19, not possible with pick 27, sometimes the value isnt purely in the number but also the perception, and it’s not just about the here and now, live trading has changed that, there’s a need to be able to look at next year and the year after, something MFC clearly didn’t do last trade period.

Attributing some arbitrary value to picks and adding them together and declaring a winner is short sighted doesn’t take into account any future short or long term variables which might arise or give you any ability to do anything about it.

The value of pick 18 would have been maybe turning it into pick 2 this year instead of Adelaide doing it with 19, not possible with pick 27, sometimes the value isnt purely in the number but also the perception, and it’s not just about the here and now, live trading has changed that, there’s a need to be able to look at next year and the year after, something MFC clearly didn’t do last trade period.

Attributing some arbitrary value to picks and adding them together and declaring a winner is short sighted doesn’t take into account any future short or long term variables which might arise or give you any ability to do anything about it.
Thank * we didn't get 18 then to do that deal with Carlton instead of Adelaide. As it stands, it would have been 3 and 18 for 2, and by this time next week, will very likely be 2 and 18 for 3!

This is such crap we identified we needed a full back and went and got the best available on the market.

Attributing some arbitrary value to picks and adding them together and declaring a winner is short sighted

You mean like how we got 'reamed' by Adelaide because we spent 2 first round picks on Lever?

fu** few years back i got slaughtered on here when a mate working with Hogans brother on the mines said he wanted to come back to perth. This is just some tradie on site fu** me the stories you hear on site could write a best seller if i knew proper ringrish
Does Google Translate have a blitznu function? You could use that to write your book.

Thank fu** we didn't get 18 then to do that deal with Carlton instead of Adelaide. As it stands, it would have been 3 and 18 for 2, and by this time next week, will very likely be 2 and 18 for 3!
You’ve clearly missed the point I was making and I’m not sure you read the post I was replying to, TK stated people were dead shits for not understanding the true value of draft picks, I pointed out using someone else’s arbitrary number system to establish value meant future opportunities could be missed and used a hypothetical scenario ie pick 18 to Carlton as a way of demonstrating this.

The good thing about hypotheticals is there is no real world consequences so when your team turns to s**t unexpectedly no price is paid, the point you made was in no way relevant to my post as we never actually had pick 18 or any chance of getting it because we rolled over on the Hogan trade.

This is such crap we identified we needed a full back and went and got the best available on the market.

You mean like how we got 'reamed' by Adelaide because we spent 2 first round picks on Lever?
Nothing you posted here is of any relevance to my post, I didn’t mention either of the trades you’ve spoken about not sure why you brought them up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back