Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is that at 4:00 with the push/mark and goal? That was sweet.

Gollant kicking a goal on Murray.
There's something there, I'm terrible at comparisons, but could he at a stretch be our slightly taller version of Bayley Fritsch?
The most underestimated player in our forward line so gets the worst defender. 192cm and pretty good in the air so maybe a difficult match-up for a medium defender? From what I saw of his SANFL season has a relatively long kick too.

Last edited:

8a72e399-2c96-48c2-bc60-b54bbbf57d75-jpeg.1286477

Ned's alpaca tatt on his tum-tum
media-photobucket-com-656211b6-50x31-gif.542218

Did I miss it or is Hatley still in the injured group?

Based on what we heard about his injury last year, it was a given that he would have a managed preseason. At the very best an eased workload into the Xmas break. Playing him with a problematic late into the year in the 2s was seriously demented player management. He was very struggling with lack of power in the 2s, so even if a midfield spot opened up in the 1s, he'd have been utterly hopeless anyway. Hopefully these kind of crap practices are behind us with Burgo on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your World maybe but he's always going to be a 3rd tall HF/HB/Winger type in the real World.

No doubt he's going to be a third tall (I think it's safe to rule out any switches to wing or half back), but Fogarty and Himmelberg are also going to be third talls in whatever set up we settle on. After all, our 1 and 2 are Tex and Thilthorpe.

Thanks Jen great work and appreciated.
What are you doing down here this time of year .
Catching up with family we haven’t been able to see since 2019. It’s been a flying visit (literally and figuratively) - just lucky the boys were back at training. 😊

I guess it depends on what you mean nothing else.

He needs to be getting to the Vader mark.

Avergaing 12 touches and game 2-3 Goals.

That's almost undroppable for a KF at 22

Nothing else is really what Fogarty offered this year (and really his whole career). No link up play, no contested marking threat, no defense.

Fog will never offer any of that, no matter how fit he gets. The good news for Darcy is there is still a route to eak out a valuable career as a guy who can scrape 25-40 goals a year and nothing else as a key forward. Especially when you have a player like Thilthorpe who needs an ideally cheap partner, and both have shown some chemistry together.

I wouldn't prefer him this year but that's because Gollants star is rising moreso than anything else, and both are competing for a third tall role.

Last edited:
Plays a niche role. Might find a spot depending on how we want to structure things without Tex

I haven't actually seen him much. Handful of games where he's seemed a mark only player. Does he offer much at ground level and defensively?

Yup. It's a very similar profile to McGovern where the kid has everything to a good degree (though his goalkicking needs a bit of work to clean up). Even a smidge of x-factor to his ground game, thinking back to a couple of shots he took in the Glenelg game.

Great work jenny61_99.

The skills looked pretty ordinary and lots of players slipping over.

The running exercise looked interesting, nice to see Fog keeping up with Tex and seems they burnt off McAsey and Borlase.

Borlase was hanging in there but Fish and Frampton were left behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back