Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly why i never go to showdowns... having to share the same arena with feral's like that
More to the point it's a bad wrap for other Port supporters who are nice and just like a good game.

Private apology yes, attend racial sensitivity counselling yes, and 50 hours of working with refugees.

Publicly outing her shouldn't you happen.

convictions are public record. and if she is banned from games, which she will be, likely for life, then her name and image will need to become public for it to be enforced.

she's a footy hooligan, and there are established ways of how that is dealt with and enforced.

Where have I tried to deflect this?

Are you reading anywhere, that I'm saying she should get off Scott free?
You deflect it by saying she might have Tourettes. Ever think she also might be racist?

Stop trolling. Begone

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but either way Comrade Koch and Sunrise will be loving the media attention and ratings over this.
Nah, this is death for footy clubs. In this day and age the last thing any club wants is prospective sponsors thinking the club has a racist image.

Yep we're all like her :rolleyes:

Congratulations on beating the Port Magpies last night by the way.

Personally think it is sad and wrong that all Port supporters will be seen in the same light as this vile woman.I regularly go to Port games with Port supporting mates. Have never seen anything as bad as this. But To think my mates who happen to support a different AFL club to me are being tarnished with this vile act is appalling.

This person should be banned for life. She has been identified and the club will know who she is via her membership. Has been said on other Social Media by people who regularly sit nearby that she has sat in that seat all year.

Yep we're all like her :rolleyes:

That's ambitious. Most of you are fatter, uglier and more pathetic.

Congratulations on beating the Port Magpies last night by the way.

In that case you should send out the Port Magpies every week. They did something your full-strength team couldn't do for about 21 weeks: show up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would accept that this was a "poor decision" or a "mistake" if it didn't look like a racist, pre-meditated attack on Eddie Betts.

She wanted to deliberately throw a banana at Betts for its racial connotations. She had it ready to go. It's an absolutely despicable act that goes beyond the typical poor crowd behavior we sometimes see at games
I had to look at the replay quite a few times to work out it was pre-meditated and racially motivated. Pretty happy with that conclusion now. I guess it is sad that many hours before a game you'd set up for a circumstance like that to happen for an opportunity. That's the thing that needs to be taken into account. The action will get the ban. And that will be it from the AFL and the club. The process of it happening will be difficult to iron out and I hope she gets the help to deal with process that led to it,the action and the aftermath.

convictions are public record. and if she is banned from games, which she will be, likely for life, then her name and image will need to become public for it to be enforced.

Do you remember how this started? Someone was (did) post here name and phone number on social media?

Now, are you going to go look for her name and phone number using public records? That's very stalkerish if you do.

Massive extremes between the two.

she's a footy hooligan, and there are established ways of how that is dealt with and enforced.

LOL and me bring Tourettes into this is going OTT. Right.

that's the question isn't it? you seem very motivated to advocate for her right to privacy, and for her right to go to games.

I don't give 2 shits I of she goes to games or not, but having them removed is a bit OTT - IMO

Now, what's my agenda

Sat in the middle of a bay with a mix of Crows and Port supporters. 99% good and the guy next to me was great. The Crow girl yelling all night in her high pitched voice I could have done without but that's her right and she wasn't rude. The Filth Squad can GAGF.

Went for food and drink at 3/4 time and went to the front where the crowd was ok. Apart from the fight in Bay 124 and the woman I think the crowd were ok.

Barrett saying Crows players are disgusted at stuff being said all over the ground to them.
Also saying Crows support staff had beer tipped over them among other stuff going on.
I wonder how many feral pieces of s**t brought up Walsh?

You could see last night the players reactions at many times that they were having some really poor things said to them.

I had to look at the replay quite a few times to work out it was pre-meditated and racially motivated. Pretty happy with that conclusion now. I guess it is sad that many hours before a game you'd set up for a circumstance like that to happen for an opportunity. That's the thing that needs to be taken into account. The action will get the ban. And that will be it from the AFL and the club. The process of it happening will be difficult to iron out and I hope she gets the help to deal with process that led to it,the action and the aftermath.

I don't know if it was pre-meditated. I'd speculate it wasn't, certainly deliberate though.

which might make it worse, that in a fit of pique, when her emotions ran high, sub-consciously she remembered she had a banana, and made the rapid connection between her flaming anger, it, and how she really felt about her target.

a revealing Rorschach moment perhaps?

My theory is that this is worse, as it was emotional rather than opportunistic. but its just a guess of course

You deflect it by saying she might have Tourettes. Ever think she also might be racist?

Stop trolling. Begone

So me posting anything about an alternative punishment never register with you?

Or I'd having a life punishment the only answer.

Soon as you start throwing projectiles at players it's a life ban, it's non-negotiable.
Since she was being a racist too (monkey calls), I've got a feeling this lady's in a whole lot of trouble.
Could get done for assault as well, looked like she picked the bananna up from an esky, was it a frozen bananna?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back