Remove this Banner Ad

Worldheroxx

Team Captain
Suspended
Dec 20, 2008
south america
AFL Club
West Coast
Is there a specific time you look back on as the best days of your life ? I don't mean like highschool since it's too long, maybe just two or three months which represent the high point of your life so far.

There's sports psychology stuff about how they get athletes to analyse everything about how they feel when they're playing their best, so they can try and re-create this state of mind.

Over the christmas holidays three years ago there was so many great things happening in my life, it was like a beautiful dream... and since then it's been all downhill, leading me to this point where I'm totally lost. I want to try get back this spirit of three years ago.

Is there a strong feeling or state of mind you had, which you associate with the best time of your life, or was it more due to external things like the job, friends, etc you had at the time?

If it was the first time you fell in love, and the first few weeks of the relationship when everything was so new.. this would be hard to re-create. But maybe the key would be to try and wipe your mind of all pre-conceptions and in each new experience try to focus on the uniqueness.

I can honestly say I am having the time of my life right now and each day has the potential for new opportunities.

Can I humbly suggest you don't look back to try to recreate that time from your past but look forward and create a marvelous future for yourself.

If there was any one book I would recommend to read to help you to create a wonderful future it would be The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr Joseph Murphy. You can picl up 2nd hand copies of it for peanuts off Amazon. Give it a go.

Distinctly remember the best day/highest point of my life so far. 9 years ago, remember walking out of the room after finishing my last TEE exam (economics) and was going to leavers that next day. Walking out, I have never felt a better (natural) rush before, and the whole leavers week was just awesome. Remember not sleeping at all the night before. Not too sure what has happened since, but I don't think I'll ever feel that good again. Much too cynical these days.

There have been a few best times:

Childhood(3-8): Having little growing up in a third world country but I was so happy with what I had. I know its a long time but still.

September 2000 - I came to Australia, I saw the sea for the first time and so many other memories on that particular day. There is a teddy bear shop on Parramatta Rd near Redfern thats entirely pink. Everytime I see that shop I reminisce.

Currently: Finished uni, great group of mates, concentrating on my career etc.

Year 9.

I fell into the "wrong" crowd and did some stupid things (nothing serious) but looking back I probably had the time of my life that year because I took risks did things out of my comfort zone. I think it teaches me that the best times in life are when you live it.

As cancat says, dont try to recreate the past, create the future. If you continue to try to go back to the past, you will miss your future.

Btw, cancat that book looks interesting... thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsu:

I really haven't had a period that I could call my halcyon days. August- October 2003 was a fairly good time though, as were the two and a half months after my final TEE exams Nov 07 until Early Feb 08 with holidays, a good group of friends etc. But they don't exactly inspire me, they were just periods of relative happiness.

In contrast, the worst times for me definitely the second half of 2001 (family deaths, impending move which as a child I did not want, horrible school situation) and the first half of 2005 (Depression, Hypochondria, No friends, school marks going down hill, family lost source of income). Ironically, it was a move over west (From Brisbane) that got me out of that rut and back on track.

But I'm looking forward to 2010, it should be a great one.

I look back fondly on dec, Jan & feb when I was just out of school and surfing every week and had no idea about what life would throw at me over the next 20 years. This year has gone from s**t to champagne for me, losing my job to getting one that doubled my previous income & also for me just regaining peace of mind.
As for learning from the past, there is a reason why a cars windscreen is bigger than it's rear vision mirror:)

I don't think most people are capable of accepting the fact that they'r having the time of their life. When you're a kid you complain about how you have to do what you're told and want more freedom. When you're at university you hate having no money and think life will be so much better when you've finished uni, can get some decent money and start doing things that you enjoy. When you do finish university and get that aweseom high paying job all the responsibilities that have come along the way s**t you to tears and you long for the days when you had few to no responsibilities.

You always want what you can't have, and the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I don't think most people are capable of accepting the fact that they'r having the time of their life. When you're a kid you complain about how you have to do what you're told and want more freedom. When you're at university you hate having no money and think life will be so much better when you've finished uni, can get some decent money and start doing things that you enjoy. When you do finish university and get that aweseom high paying job all the responsibilities that have come along the way s**t you to tears and you long for the days when you had few to no responsibilities.

You always want what you can't have, and the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Right on.

To know you have enough is to be rich.
- Tao Te Ching

Next year as It is looking COULD be one of the best times of my life as I'm getting s**t (house, job etc) solved one way or the other.

TBH I look back to the last weeks of the 90s as one of the best times I have ever had but thats only cause I wasn't working f/time at that time.

Since I have started working f/time anytime i wasn't working f/time seems pretty ideal. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next year as It is looking COULD be one of the best times of my life as I'm getting s**t (house, job etc) solved one way or the other.

TBH I look back to the last weeks of the 90s as one of the best times I have ever had but thats only cause I wasn't working f/time at that time.

Since I have started working f/time anytime i wasn't working f/time seems pretty ideal. :thumbsu:

I don't want heaps of possessions. You think they will make you happy, but they don't. A few times I've hoarded a fair bit of stuff and even once got a house, but I have ended up selling and going overseas every time. It's meant I've lost a bit of money, but hey, money comes and money goes. Adventure makes me happy.

I don't want heaps of possessions. You think they will make you happy, but they don't. A few times I've hoarded a fair bit of stuff and even once got a house, but I have ended up selling and going overseas every time. It's meant I've lost a bit of money, but hey, money comes and money goes. Adventure makes me happy.

i've found that I was happier with less money and less possessions than I have today :thumbsu:

Yet progress depends on the unreasonable man.
'Progress' comes at a price to the individual, however.

What Rousseau described as the 'natural man' doesn't care about progress and so
'breathes only peace and liberty; he desires only to live and to be free from labour
Whereas your 'unreasonable man'
…Civilized man…is always moving, sweating, toiling … He pays his court to men in power, whom he hates, and to the wealthy, whom he despises….and [is] proud of his slavery…'
:p

I've often pondered this...

Must admit 19-22 when all my mates were single and at uni was awesome..We lived in communes (Up to 5 guys per house) and parties midweek while working zero responsibility jobs...I will forever look back on those days with a smile thinking about the adventures and good times.

Currently now in my mid 20's allot of those mates have moved overseas or settled down with girlfriends, even so I am finding myself meeting new people and having a decent income is great...Right now I am the healthiest I have ever been and with travel plans in motion I must admit I am excited about the future.

That said I can imagine having a young family would be great as would being retired and everything in between..If your healthy there is no reason why your best time can't be the present.

I will say though that being a teenager is certainly overated...Your dealing with mass emotions and you have little control over your life...I didn't hate it but it's certainly not memories I hang onto like I do my 20's.

Late '90s when I'd just met my (future) wife. Still in uni, little responsibility, partying with mates almost every day. Lots of fun and good times. Lots of sex!

Though now life is more hectic, more responsibility and less time to myself, I have two beautiful daughters and overall life is looking pretty good.

Other than that, I gotta say, Christmas Day '87 when I got this:

Lego_Futuron_Space_6990_Monorail_Transport_System_1987_toy.jpg

was pretty a f**king good day too ;)

Right now is the best period of my life. Huge contrast from 18 months ago where I hated every single aspect of my life.

Instead of feeling down I decided to make changes.
Met an awesome chick who I plan on marrying one day. Career is really taking off. Made a bunch of new friends. Returned to study which I absolutely love doing. Discovered a love of music I never had before and for the first time ever have started attending concerts, gigs, festivals, etc.

Life is good.

As unatural as it feels (;)) I agree with sabre. Aside from obtaining a drivers license and being legally able to buy booze, teenage years aren't really that great.

I've quite enjoyed the first few years post uni as you're still young enough to go out and party like a goose yet have a decent income and can live in a nicer place, go on trips, afford to live off food other than 2 minute noodles etc. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, whatever it brings.

As unatural as it feels (;)) I agree with sabre. Aside from obtaining a drivers license and being legally able to buy booze, teenage years aren't really that great.

I've quite enjoyed the first few years post uni as you're still young enough to go out and party like a goose yet have a decent income and can live in a nicer place, go on trips, afford to live off food other than 2 minute noodles etc. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, whatever it brings.

My logic is undeniable..

22-25 for me.

Worked for a business that was the most hilarious work environment ever. about 50 people worked for the company. Was making good money and the owner was a pisshead. When he asked who wanted to go for beers on a friday arvo me and another guy who became my best mate always said yes. Most of the others always had an excuse they had to go out with the GF's or wives etc.

Consequently he loved my ass and i literally could not get fired. And i did some major things that should have meant i was.

These include:

arriving at work an hour late still smashed after he blasted all the other staff members for being 5 mins late (he didn't care once he found out i picked up pussy)

Dropping my pants in the showroom so drunk i couldn't stand up in front of telstra execs there for a meeting.

Embarrassing the co owner (who was this prissy blonde chick who inherited the company) in front of most of the staff by asking her to get a product of the shelf where i knew some sick bastard had dropped the most horrendous fart of all time.

Sending a dead rat through the internal mail system to a chick at one of the other stores who i knew had a rat phobia

etc etc etc

At the same time i had mates that owned a really good club and we were tearing it up in there, ploughing heaps of pussy, getting girls back after the club closed to do strip shows, pumping them out the back etc etc.

The drugs were also great back then and well priced. I would go out and know s**t loads of people all the time. All my mates were up for going hard and not many were yet soft pussies.

I was pumping hot filthy dutch backpackers for about 9 months of this period.

Then i got the most insane job as state manager of a billion dollar company where i was making s**t loads, had my own office in the city and no boss in the state.

Sensational times. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'd kill you all to go back and do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back