Society/Culture The best time of your life

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, my bullshit meter has just gone off the scale

hahaha, i feel sorry for you that your life is so ordinary that that period of my life seems like bullshit to you. I'm sure plenty of other people have had much better runs than me. I think your reply is much more a reflection on you than on me.

Get out and live a little FFS!!!!!

Right now is the best period of my life. Huge contrast from 18 months ago where I hated every single aspect of my life.

Instead of feeling down I decided to make changes.
Met an awesome chick who I plan on marrying one day. Career is really taking off. Made a bunch of new friends. Returned to study which I absolutely love doing. Discovered a love of music I never had before and for the first time ever have started attending concerts, gigs, festivals, etc.

Life is good.

hey mate

what sort of changes did you make?
I am currently in a situation not dissimilar to that one, I dont hate my life at I have plenty of mates but most of them are from high school, and I feel like they are all heading in completely different directions to me and I feel like I have outgrown them.

Hoping this year will bring about some changes swapped my uni course into hopefully one with more friendly people so I will be able to make some new friends... my last course was full of boring people who were 100% focussed on work and didnt want to interact with anyone else in the tute

any specific turning point to you or was it just you being more proactive?

22-25 for me.

Worked for a business that was the most hilarious work environment ever. about 50 people worked for the company. Was making good money and the owner was a pisshead. When he asked who wanted to go for beers on a friday arvo me and another guy who became my best mate always said yes. Most of the others always had an excuse they had to go out with the GF's or wives etc.

Consequently he loved my arse and i literally could not get fired. And i did some major things that should have meant i was.

These include:

arriving at work an hour late still smashed after he blasted all the other staff members for being 5 mins late (he didn't care once he found out i picked up pussy)

Dropping my pants in the showroom so drunk i couldn't stand up in front of telstra execs there for a meeting.

Embarrassing the co owner (who was this prissy blonde chick who inherited the company) in front of most of the staff by asking her to get a product of the shelf where i knew some sick bastard had dropped the most horrendous fart of all time.

Sending a dead rat through the internal mail system to a chick at one of the other stores who i knew had a rat phobia

etc etc etc

At the same time i had mates that owned a really good club and we were tearing it up in there, ploughing heaps of pussy, getting girls back after the club closed to do strip shows, pumping them out the back etc etc.

The drugs were also great back then and well priced. I would go out and know s**t loads of people all the time. All my mates were up for going hard and not many were yet soft pussies.

I was pumping hot filthy dutch backpackers for about 9 months of this period.

Then i got the most insane job as state manager of a billion dollar company where i was making s**t loads, had my own office in the city and no boss in the state.

Sensational times. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'd kill you all to go back and do it again.

The bolded bit says it all. :D

Between 10pm on September 30, 2006 and 7am on October 1, 2006 (Grand Final night, one of the first nights I went out as an 18-year-old) was probably the greatest night of my life. September 1/2, 2007 and September 21/22, 2007 (even though the Pies lost to Geelong in the Prelim) were great nights as well :thumbsu: Both involved different girls who would turn out to be long-term girlfriends, either meeting them (the first one), or advancing the relationship from friends to something more (the second two). As well as that, there were other new friends that were made and events that occured that made those nights interesting and fun as well. The night of September 27/28, 2008 (Grand Final night) was great too. Nothing particularly interesting happened, but I just remember it being a really fun night.

Just thinking back though, geez that time has gone quickly. It still feels like I just finished high school, yet I finished Year 12 in 2005 :eek:

Most of 2005 and the first couple of months of 2006 were pretty good for me. I had great fun throughout Year 12 (unlike most people who find it tedious and/or stressful), and was at the peak of my powers in my chosen sport (basketball). Towards the end of the year I moved house for the first time in my life, met some new people, had fun with existing friends and was about to start uni. It was the start of a whole new chapter in my life. Just thinking back though, geez that time has gone quickly. It still feels like I just finished high school, yet that was over 4 years ago now!

If I had to nominate an absolute favourite period of time, late 2006/early 2007 was awesome. Started regularly going out for the first time, and made heaps of great new friends who still make up my main friendship group to this day. Hoping to recapture the spirit of those times again this year :D

hey mate

what sort of changes did you make?
I am currently in a situation not dissimilar to that one, I dont hate my life at I have plenty of mates but most of them are from high school, and I feel like they are all heading in completely different directions to me and I feel like I have outgrown them.

Hoping this year will bring about some changes swapped my uni course into hopefully one with more friendly people so I will be able to make some new friends... my last course was full of boring people who were 100% focussed on work and didnt want to interact with anyone else in the tute

any specific turning point to you or was it just you being more proactive?

It was a bit like that episode of Seinfeld where George does everything that felt counter-intuitive to him.

I don't like dancing and I'm not a very good dancer. So I signed up to dancing classes.
In the past I let people befriend me, but never actually made the effort to befriend someone. So I was more active in this regard too.
Same thing with my social life, I never organised anything and relied on others to do so. This time I made the first moves. E.g. Called a friend I hadn't seen in a long time and invited myself out with her. Ended up meeting my gf because of it.

Also I'm an introvert by nature, but I made an effpr to became more extroverted. I started striking up conversations with everyone, check-out chicks, bar chicks, door bitches, random chicks browsing the same section of the book store as me, hell even bogans on the train (they're good for a laugh)!

With work, I think i got into a rut. Work was comfortable, safe and not challenging. I got into an argument with my boss one day and just quit spontaneously (he was a ****, so on the spot there I decided to change this aspect of my life too). Ended up getting an ABN and started contracting myself out.I usually work 3 days a week and make the same money I did full time. Now I've been offered full time work that offers even better pay.

I figured if what I'm doing now isn't making me happy, I might as well do what I normally wouldn't.

Probably the second half of 2002. Plenty of fun times with mates, we were in our 'peak' pub/club stage then and had a lot of fun. That and the 3 months around when I got married.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2002 - 2004 (15 - 17). Coming of age was the most fun. That liminal period between adolecence & adulthood. So many exciting, new things to enjoy. Being of age, not near as much fun.

Cant believe nobody's mentioned primary school days (or maybe they have cbf reading it all). The most carefree, fun days you will ever have the privilege of living through. Fact.

High school was good too, probably more so year 9 onwards (i loved year 9). When you're living through it, it seems like high school is such an important time of your life in terms of setting your career/life but with hindsight that's a bit of a laugh.

Uni was great for the first year or so and then I found it to be a pain in the ass, hence why I barely showed up for classes 3rd and 4th years and smoked cones instead.

The time just after you graduate uni was ok too. When you just enter the work force making some real money for the first time and partying it up. But it becomes a bit less fun when you start thinking about progressing career wise & slow down on the partying etc. It's actually a great time in your life but for me it sorta ended too quickly (met the missus at 23 which may explain some of it :cool:)

Right now (31 years old :eek:) is good. Family, career are going great but with that goes much more responsibility and stress.

Primary school days FTW!

7 am, you were on the gear, admit it!!!!

Why would I have to have been "on the gear" to stay awake until 7am?

I've lost count of the amount of times I've stayed up all night just watching television/DVDs, listening to music or gaming at home in the past 7-8 years, so doing it on a night when you've gone out is no big stretch, surely :p

Why would I have to have been "on the gear" to stay awake until 7am?

I've lost count of the amount of times I've stayed up all night just watching television/DVDs, listening to music or gaming at home in the past 7-8 years, so doing it on a night when you've gone out is no big stretch, surely :p

i was just razzing you. I remember when i was about 19 i stayed up for 24 hours drinking with no assistance during easter. Went to the oakbank races at 7 am and then out after that and ended up picking up in a very shady Adelaide club. Was so exhausted and paro i fell asleep whilst i was still in her about 7 the next morning LOL

So yea it wouldn't be a problem for you. Young, fit, no grog, you could probably stay awake longer than most people on the gear ya clean livin straight laced bastard ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back