The Bigfooty 2018 Eastern Conference First Round Playoffs Thread

Who win da East?

• Mexicans from the north (Toronto)

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Boston sans Kyrie

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Everyones favourite team, Philly 76ers!!

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Lebron and Tristan Thompsons baby mama

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Domantas Sabonis and his Indy folk

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 44-38 Miami Heat

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Milwaukee Bucks feat. NBA Champion Mathew Dellavedova

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Washington Jizzards (lol not really)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron has had to carry Cleveland for over a decade, so it's not like this is new to him. What do people really expect? Love is averaging 12 ppg this series and he's our second best player. He's surrounded by a team full of OK players, some average and some rubbish players. Irving/Thomas out of this team has changed everything for LeBron. If Love is averaging 12 ppg in a playoffs series LeBron kinda has to absolutely dominate for Cleveland to even have a chance of winning. It's not like he can actually play 35 minutes a game like a Curry, KD or Harden, it's just not a possibility.

He's only been in Cleveland for 4 years :p And he didn't need to carry them all the time when Irving was there (other than the year he was injured obviously).

And as you said, he doesn't have a lot of support. Though I think he has enough support to beat Indiana. It's not like they have a bunch of amazing players. The casual NBA before this series probably couldn't have named more than 1 player there. You could make the same argument that Oladipo is surrounded by a bunch of "okay players". But they play as a team. I blame the coaching 100% for the struggles.

But overall I think you are agreeing with me. This is going to be the hardest run LeBron has had since probably back in Miami. And he had some support around him back then. He's going to have to leave everything on the court to just make the Finals. If it wasn't LeBron, I wouldn't give the Cavs a chance.

He's only been in Cleveland for 4 years :p And he didn't need to carry them all the time when Irving was there (other than the year he was injured obviously).

And as you said, he doesn't have a lot of support. Though I think he has enough support to beat Indiana. It's not like they have a bunch of amazing players. The casual NBA before this series probably couldn't have named more than 1 player there. You could make the same argument that Oladipo is surrounded by a bunch of "okay players". But they play as a team. I blame the coaching 100% for the struggles.

But overall I think you are agreeing with me. This is going to be the hardest run LeBron has had since probably back in Miami. And he had some support around him back then. He's going to have to leave everything on the court to just make the Finals. If it wasn't LeBron, I wouldn't give the Cavs a chance.

He didn't need to ALWAYS carry us when Kyrie was in Cleveland but when LeBron didn't play and it was up to Kyrie to lead the team, Cleveland were 10x worse off. It shows the importance of the man to the team, and it's been like that every season he's been a Cavalier. Put him in Philly and it wouldn't be the same. Put him in Houston it wouldn't be the same. Put him in GS it wouldn't be the same. Hell, put him in LA and it wouldn't be the same. The difference here is those teams are either 1) the two best teams in the league or 2) up and coming, young, exciting teams. Cleveland are neither.

Lue should have gone at the end of last season. His gameplan and structure has fallen into a heap this season and we are considerably worse than the last couple of seasons.

He didn't need to ALWAYS carry us when Kyrie was in Cleveland but when LeBron didn't play and it was up to Kyrie to lead the team, Cleveland were 10x worse off. It shows the importance of the man to the team, and it's been like that every season he's been a Cavalier. Put him in Philly and it wouldn't be the same. Put him in Houston it wouldn't be the same. Put him in GS it wouldn't be the same. Hell, put him in LA and it wouldn't be the same. The difference here is those teams are either 1) the two best teams in the league or 2) up and coming, young, exciting teams. Cleveland are neither.

Lue should have gone at the end of last season. His gameplan and structure has fallen into a heap this season and we are considerably worse than the last couple of seasons.
You can tell how good or bad a coach is by how the role players perform, the cavs bring in role players that have good history of playing in a system (Hood most recent example) then go to s**t shortly after moving to the cavs because they have no idea what they’re meant to be doing or have to run iso plays because that’s all the cavs ever run. It starts and ends with Lue’s inability to coach.

You can tell how good or bad a coach is by how the role players perform, the cavs bring in role players that have good history of playing in a system (Hood most recent example) then go to s**t shortly after moving to the cavs because they have no idea what they’re meant to be doing or have to run iso plays because that’s all the cavs ever run. It starts and ends with Lue’s inability to coach.

Don't blame Lue for Clarkson or Nance, they were ordinary before they got to the Cavs.

I'm not sure why you are telling me stuff I agree with :p

The main benefit for having Kyrie was that it let LeBron have offensive possessions off. He can't do that now.

It's sad the minutes Hood has been getting in comparison to JR's. Horrifying.

Cavs bringing in K Love and giving him the max deal was always the problem. Owners were way too desperate to immediately bring in whatever was on the market like they were terrified of what might happen if they didn't. Basically surrendered any flexibility they could have for 5 years in one rash move.

Anyway, if Lebron leaves they'll still be over the cap. Good luck with that! No way he can make the decision to stay - he's surrounded by massively over paid role players without any trade value that he has to carry every day.

I don't think K Love is the problem. $22M for him is fine.

LeBron wouldn't have gone to Cleveland if management hadn't agreed to bring Love in, so it was worth it. Also, you don't bring Love in and not sign him to an extension.

TT for $16M on the other hand...

Cavs bringing in K Love and giving him the max deal was always the problem. Owners were way too desperate to immediately bring in whatever was on the market like they were terrified of what might happen if they didn't. Basically surrendered any flexibility they could have for 5 years in one rash move.

Anyway, if Lebron leaves they'll still be over the cap. Good luck with that! No way he can make the decision to stay - he's surrounded by massively over paid role players without any trade value that he has to carry every day.

A lot of that is down to him though.

I'm sure trading Wiggins for Love was a 'pre-requisite' for him signing again in Cleveland. And we know Tristan Thompson's contract was down to LeBron. Kyrie (may have) left due to LeBron, which meant dealing with Isaiah Thomas.

It's also pretty safe to assume that the likes of Korver, Wade, Frye etc were given the LeBron stamp of approval at the very least.

And that's not to mention the coaching situation... both Blatt and Lue's tenures have had a weird vibe to them.

And giving TT and JR rediculous deals was Kosher? LeBron orchestrated it all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who would we have brought in if we didnt re-sign Love? If LeBron leaves then love becomes a trade asset

who would we have brought in if we didnt re-sign Love? If LeBron leaves then love becomes a trade asset

I'm talking further back - they traded Wiggins+ for Love. At that time he was the only talent on the market and they moved too way too fast. The contract was inevitability after the trade.

And giving TT and JR rediculous deals was Kosher? LeBron orchestrated it all

Maybe, maybe not. Salary cap was already stuffed so it didn't make much difference how over paid those players ended up.

And that's not to mention the coaching situation... both Blatt and Lue's tenures have had a weird vibe to them.

Yes, both 0 experience as NBA head coaches shoved into coaching a GOAT to win championships.

I don’t see what the cavs could have done differently to compete with the Curry + Durant combo. When they weren’t a combo the cavs lost in 6 minus two stars in 2015 and won in 7 in 2016. Saying the Love trade was a fail is misguided. As long as curry and Durant are healthy and still at the top of their games no one will come close to the warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back