The Bigfooty 2018 Eastern Conference First Round Playoffs Thread

Who win da East?

• Mexicans from the north (Toronto)

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Boston sans Kyrie

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Everyones favourite team, Philly 76ers!!

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Lebron and Tristan Thompsons baby mama

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Domantas Sabonis and his Indy folk

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 44-38 Miami Heat

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Milwaukee Bucks feat. NBA Champion Mathew Dellavedova

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Washington Jizzards (lol not really)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 x 45 mins of soccer is cool. 90 minutes of emotion.

4 x 12 mins of basketball is grouse. yeah time outs are s**t but if we got american ads it would be super cool
They wouldn’t beat Charlie Carp

2 x 45 mins of soccer is cool. 90 minutes of emotion.

4 x 12 mins of basketball is grouse. yeah time outs are s**t but if we got american ads it would be super cool
4 x 20 plus time on is ....

Better when the crows lose a granny

Heat V Phillie looked a lot closer in game 2 (captain obvious).

Two little wrinkles outside of your obvious Phillie shooters missing open shots and Dwyane Wade scoring 20 odd points out of the contested midrange..

1. The Heat played up on Simmons and shared the fouls around. It just slightly reduced that efficiency and those accurate spot ups to the curling Redicks and Belinellis of the world. It'll be tough for him to cop that over the course of a series if the Heat can take it that far.

2. A good example of the difference between regular season and the playoffs, part of Phillie's style was slightly neutered in this game- the aggressive close outs. Regular season Phillie can close out aggressively and therefore build a habit of having teams shoot bad against them. This game saw the Heat be decisive and aggressive in attacking these aggressive closeouts. It's part of why Dragic played better. It could create a response where the Heat get better looks off the first catch.

Another little thing i noticed was that without the other two way superstar out there, Phillie's lineups had a bit less balance than the Heat's. There were long times where Simmons and Roco were the only good defenders they had out there and others where TJ and Holmes played where the offence suffered. Simmons' star power alone could them the series win alone tbh, he makes teams work so hard back, but Embiid playing is gonna be huge factor.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL I love all the melts from Philly fans/players over the Dragic layup at the end.

Saric did the exact same thing to Cleveland, short memories?

LOL I love all the melts from Philly fans/players over the Dragic layup at the end.

Literally no one's talking about it. They went with a full court press as Miami was inbounding, with no time left. Dragic is well within his to go for it. Is it going to attract some boos in the moment, yeah sure, but it ends there.

The Saric one was funny because a) he genuinely didn't know there was some 'unwritten (bullshit) rule' against it and b) because Jordan Clarkson got so ******* worked up about it.

It is pretty much storm in tea cup type thing isnt it.

I admit I just googled dragic layup end of regulation and found little serious content.

I partially agree that if you dont want them to score a layup, play D on them, even at end of teh game.

It's like in soccer, player is down with injury, there's no rule to say kick the ball out to stop play. The ref decides. I laugh when say a Bristol City player is down, and Bristol players motion for ball to be kicked out. But Everton players play on....and eventually lose the ball. Bristonian gets the ball and plays on and on and on, instead of kicking ball out. See it can go on for ages. Having said that, in my playing days whenever a player was injured, everyone on the pitch screams for the ball to be dispatched. But thats amateurs were social and having fun is the key.

Anyway forgot what my point was.

Bucks no gooood, need to overhaul their list, keep giannis and brogdon trade the rest. :)

I don't understand why players get so worked up over this. The clock's still running, the game's still on, so if a player wants to shoot a basket then why not? I don't care that it's accepted that players dribble down the clock. It's 2 points in a game that has already been decided FFS, not the end of the world. Players carry on like such babies over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back