The Bigfooty 2018 Western Conference First Round Playoffs Thread

Who gonna win the West

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That is rediculous. PG can go where ever he likes when Gobert is in the air including jumping sideways if he wants. Once Gobert is in the air (unless it is straight up which it wasn’t) if he hits George it is a foul.

This explanation sounds like something the AFL would come up with on behalf of Selwood

That is rediculous. PG can go where ever he likes when Gobert is in the air including jumping sideways if he wants. Once Gobert is in the air (unless it is straight up which it wasn’t) if he hits George it is a foul.

This explanation sounds like something the AFL would come up with on behalf of Selwood
It is a little convenient..

Although the shooter has to jump in a normal shooting motion and not seek contact

In the officials defense, they have to make that call on the fly with no replays

Where's Playoff P??

******* funny as when they give these stupid nicknames off of * all performance really.

Good on Utah, going to be a hell of a series coming up.

Ref is clearly right in what he is saying. Players can't jump into a person flying by to cause contact. It's one of the reason they bought in an offensive foul for a leg kick.

Having said that, when I watched it live I 100% thought he should have got 3 free throws. 95/100 I think he gets the call as well. He only jumped slightly into Gobert and could easily argue it was a normal shooting motion.

Utah Rox will go 7

Utah are mighty hard to beat at home with that crowd

And Carmelo Anthony is a disgrace,
The fact he can opt in for 26 mill should give the shudders for thunder fans

How convenient that you never felt like this was worth mentioning until your highly touted team of future Hall-of-Famers was bounced out of the playoffs by a team without a single All-Star. Bye Felicia.

Cause this was the first time he was asked about it?

And it's not as if Utah fans being overtly antagonistic towards visiting black players is some hidden secret either. Well within his to call it out.

Russ is a good villain in these circumstances. He's truly box office.
I've watched college ball and the BYU crowd are feral so doesn't surprise me with Utah. Having said don't let them get to you bruh. You're the superstar they are just plebs.

Is it a thing with Russell that he does or doesn't shake opponent's hands after a series? I saw him head out pretty quick but Paul George embraced some Jazz players. Respect for PG.

Russ is a good villain in these circumstances. He's truly box office.
I've watched college ball and the BYU crowd are feral so doesn't surprise me with Utah. Having said don't let them get to you bruh. You're the superstar they are just plebs.

Is it a thing with Russell that he does or doesn't shake opponent's hands after a series? I saw him head out pretty quick but Paul George embraced some Jazz players. Respect for PG.
Strikes me as a massive campaigner

Freak of an athlete but seems to get high off creating a lot of beefs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what do okc do when George inevitably leaves?

They got no cap space to sign free agents with those massive deals for Adams and Westbrook, plus 26 mill owing to fatmelo

Strikes me as a massive campaigner
Typical of a lot of the NBA guys. So much arrogance although thats fairly natural for NBA players.

He seems next level though, so much of a competitor but too selfish to figure out he cant do it all on his own scoring wise.

Can't see Utah beating Houston, by they will make them work for it.

Offense v Defense!

Utah had the second rated defense in the NBA behind Boston but they defended Houston 26th best during the season series and allowed 118ppg on 50% fgs and 41% 3pt fgs

Will most definitely be an interesting series though, expecting a long one

But I can't give Westbrook too much s**t. He took some bad shoots down the stretch, but he wasn't the reason they lost.
Why not? Other stars cop plenty of s**t when they cant get their sides past the first round. 2 years in a row now hes been more focused on his stat line than winning games

Cause this was the first time he was asked about it?

And it's not as if Utah fans being overtly antagonistic towards visiting black players is some hidden secret either. Well within his to call it out.
Not saying it doesn’t happen, because I really don’t know. But he’s inferring that it’s a really big deal and that it’s been going on for a long time now. If that was the case I would expect he would’ve said something sooner. Just comes across as sour grapes. As does the whole not shaking hands thing. It doesn’t matter who you are, or how hard you play, you shake hands at the end no matter what.

All that being said though, he plays a good villain and I do love that about the NBA.

Westbrook can be blamed for a lot of things, but tonight's loss isn't one of them.
His shooting at the end was a bit ridiculous. There’s no reason RW should ever be taking 19 threes.

But on the other hand, after single handledly carrying your side back into the game whilst watching Melo and Goodbye George chuck up brick after brick you can probably forgive him for thinking he had to do it alone.

As I’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, it astounds me that they don’t let Adams go to work on the block waaay more often. His little post hook/knuckle floater is money.

When superstar number 2 shoots 2/16 in a close game.

Westbrook can be blamed for a lot of things, but tonight's loss isn't one of them.
But the reason they were in that situation in the first place? Because he got schooled early in the series by Rubio. Then the pride took a bit of a hit so he made it personal.

Like people have said hell of a player, not a smart player though. Far too selfish

Back