Roast The booing of Monfries

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people make of McPhee getting booed then?

McPhee was a little bitch who dogged the club by the manner in which he left. Deceiptful little bitch he was.

Gus was open about his reasons for leaving which were the same reasons we ended up with one BJ Goddard. Longer contract, better money. Happened to be returning home too.

I have no issue with Gus leaving and would prefer he didn't get boo'd. The fact he didn't get boo'd until the quarter time scuffle indicates he wasn't going to cop it either. At the end of the day the fact he did get boo'd is a little "meh" coz it's been happening since Adam was a boy.

The thing with Monfries is that he could have gone the free agency route but instead decided to be traded which meant we got something in return. I'll always respect that sort of thing.

It was common sense for both side

The thing with Monfries is that he could have gone the free agency route but instead decided to be traded which meant we got something in return. I'll always respect that sort of thing.
Pretty sure it favoured port more. If they got him as a free agent they wouldn't have got a compo pick.

Pretty sure it favoured port more. If they got him as a free agent they wouldn't have got a compo pick.

Spot on, we where bent over no matter which way you look at it. Token gesture.

He kicked 4 for the enemy and got them back in the game and made it a lot more difficult for us.

Maybe he should have done the EPL thing and stood out of the game if he/we were so concerned.

loves the outside ball for an easier kick and goal.

That's true.

doesn't do alot of inside work

That's rubbish.

He's as hard as they come. More than happy to put his body on the line and is one of our better tacklers. Has been excellent for us this year and was a very good player for you guys too. But keep on perpetuating the "pretty boy who won't get his hands dirty" myth which is also used to innaccurately describe Dyson Heppell, Dale Thomas and Nat Fyfe amongst others if you must.

No issues with him being booed. It's pretty juvenile, but as was mentioned before it's all just pantomime and has been a part of the game for a long time. Monfries certainly played the villain role pretty well though, is not short of a few words out on the field and has always come across as extremely confident in his own abilities which definitely riles up opposition fans. To say that he cannot back it up is incorrect however.

That's true.

That's rubbish.

He's as hard as they come. More than happy to put his body on the line and is one of our better tacklers. Has been excellent for us this year and was a very good player for you guys too. But keep on perpetuating the "pretty boy who won't get his hands dirty" myth which is also used to innaccurately describe Dyson Heppell, Dale Thomas and Nat Fyfe amongst others if you must.

No issues with him being booed. It's pretty juvenile, but as was mentioned before it's all just pantomime and has been a part of the game for a long time. Monfries certainly played the villain role pretty well though, is not short of a few words out on the field and has always come across as extremely confident in his own abilities which definitely riles up opposition fans. To say that he cannot back it up is incorrect however.

i have seen wantfrees play more than you and the only time he will put his head over the ball is in the F50 trying to get a cheap free kick

I am going to preface this post by saying that I like monfries.

But if I have someone tell me he is as hard at it as anybody, I will giggle until i die.

He is a good smart footballer, but he is an outsider. Nothing wrong with that, he has the skill to play that role.

Carried on like a flog, but that can happen. He isn't Mcphee

I was pretty disappointed in some of Monfries actions tonight, Myers incident trying to act tough, running 50 meters to get in on the Hooker melee and the Baguley remarks were disgraceful.

I didn't see Gus try to act that tough in 150 games for us?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pretty disappointed in some of Monfries actions tonight, Myers incident trying to act tough, running 50 meters to get in on the Hooker melee and the Baguley remarks were disgraceful.

I didn't see Gus try to act that tough in 150 games for us?!

Peptide rage.

I am rapt that Monfries ( a Port Player ) flew the flag for his team-mates.

Monfries has been flying the flag for his teammates probably moreso than any other Port player this year (it truly warmed my heart to see him sledging and niggling Troy Chaplin earlier this year after Chaplin cheap-shotted Schulz. I think that was the moment when I truly 100% accepted Monfries as a Port Adelaide player). Hasn't been afraid in the slightest to put his head over the ball when it was his turn either. I won't comment on whether or not he did those things at Essendon because you guys would know better than I would, but he's doing them in Port colours and that's all that matters for the rest of his AFL career.

just incedentally The Booing of Monfries sounds like the title of a dodgy coming of age novel about three victorian era private school boy chums

just incedentally The Booing of Monfries sounds like the title of a dodgy coming of age novel about three victorian era private school boy chums
I'm picturing a young Brendan Fraser as the lead male

Those two knockabout larrikins, Monfries and Pendlebury, had one other chum. I hope he wasn’t ‘booed’ by a trusted authority figure too. I’m half expecting a third instalment titled The Booing of Rhys-Jones. He was frequently booed and everyone turned a blind eye to it expecting him to just accept it and move on. Fortunately, we’re more willing to speak up about such atrocities these days...

McPhee was a little bitch who dogged the club by the manner in which he left. Deceiptful little bitch he was.

Gus was open about his reasons for leaving which were the same reasons we ended up with one BJ Goddard. Longer contract, better money. Happened to be returning home too.

I have no issue with Gus leaving and would prefer he didn't get boo'd. The fact he didn't get boo'd until the quarter time scuffle indicates he wasn't going to cop it either. At the end of the day the fact he did get boo'd is a little "meh" coz it's been happening since Adam was a boy.

I liked this post 6 years ago and I can't state how much it still rings true today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back