Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials Pt2 * Toowoomba Rape Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Reynolds is trying to bully her in to that but if she goes against her perceptions at the time and makes that statement, Reynolds will seek damages in the millions.

Reynolds was known to have said yesterday that Higgins should not have been paid and criticised the Attorney General and the Finance Minister.

She's willing to threaten the economic safety of a rape victim on an agenda that isn't all about Higgins making potentially defamatory statements, which were her perceptions at the time.
Lesson here - don't defame people based on your perceptions or feelings because it will not stand up in court.
Its not High School.

There rarely is a perfect witness. Lee's not referring to lies Higgins told in sworn testimony, he's referring to what she said in a pre-recorded Project interview.

Higgins didn't have to scramble to recant to avoid charges coming out of perjury in the Supreme Court like Reynolds did.
No, he is referring to her sworn testimony and the evidence presented in his court.

Lesson here - don't defame people based on your perceptions or feelings because it will not stand up in court.
Its not High School.

A rape victim is entitled to perceptions and to speak about them. Higgins was also encouraged by the Prime Minister of the day, to own her story.

hat.png

But you're more than willing to "jump out against" Reynolds to "make her life even harder", who didn't ask for any of this, did everything by the book and then had her credibility on this specific matter trashed on national television and then on social media?

Did not do everything by the book, not by a longshot. I expected better from the Minister for Defence.

You only have to read on this forum to see how much damage to her reputation was caused by Higgins/Sharaz false accusations.

That's not true. I don't know what you and Monkeys are up to but most of the focus went on Reynolds in here due to her own behaviour, prior to the rape trial and through it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was higgins, I would stay overseas.

why does she have to give details of personal accounts before any court case.

Totally shameful....

If I was higgins, I would stay overseas.

why does she have to give details of personal accounts before any court case.

Totally shameful....
Yep I'd be telling them to GAGF Reynolds is doing a good job of ruining her own reputation

Lehrmann and the judicial system crossed paths again today.

Noting that the SMH reports today of both rent money Lehrmann owes as well as the property damage.

He probably owes rent money from the break lease amount owed from breaking the lease early, and/or Seven refusing to pay the last few weeks or so and the 1 weeks rent break fee after Lehrmann moved out

'1 week's rent if 75 per cent or more of the agreement has expired.'

'Meakes’ dispute with Lehrmann reportedly relates to alleged damage at the northern beaches pad, while a second but linked matter relates to rent.'

'Where is Wally Bruce Lehrmann?

NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal member Cathy Campbell appeared surprised as she read out the name “Bruce Lehrmann” to her quiet hearing room on Thursday.

For a woman who typically deals with petty disputes between tenants and landlords, it is not every day you see the name of the country’s most disliked former Liberal staffer on your grievances list.

Lehrmann is being sued by Lady Gaenor Meakes over claims he caused “extensive damage” to her Balgowlah property, in which he stayed for nearly a year on the Seven Network’s dime.

When Campbell called Lehrmann’s name on Thursday, there was silence among the handful of observers.

“Don’t think he’ll be here,” she said.

But one issue that arose on Thursday’s hearing was the fact Lehrmann seemingly had no idea what the matter was about, having not been served with any papers.

“I have been trying to find out where he is, but with no luck,” Meakes told the tribunal.

Ipso Facto understands the former Liberal staffer wrote directly to NCAT before the proceedings took place, saying the first he heard of the matter was through the media, and requesting it be put off. In the email, he said he had no way of attending an NCAT hearing because he is interstate and has no means to travel.

Campbell on Thursday agreed the hearing could not proceed until Lehrmann had been formally served, and put the matter off for a later date.'

That's not true. I don't know what you and Monkeys are up to but most of the focus went on Reynolds in here due to her own behaviour, prior to the rape trial and through it.
I think we know what those posters who supported this rubbish are up to.

As you rightly pointed out, Reynolds reputation was already in tatters well before the social media posts of her targets were posted. And her latest vengeful acts of financial retribution against her former staffer who was raped in her office by another of her staffers has only added to that bin fire.

Senator Reynolds should take defamation action against herself.

Anyhoo, on other Lehrmann matters, lawyers for Lehrmann, Wilkinson and Ten are expected to return to court on Monday for a hearing related to the legal costs of the failed defamation suit.

Lehrmann has been unemployed since June 2021 and there is a possibility he will be tipped into bankruptcy. It means the costs order is likely to be academic because Lehrmann does not have the financial means to meet it. On Monday, Lee is expected to set the terms of reference for a referee, who will inquire into and report on specific costs of the dispute, including the costs Ten will be required to cover for Wilkinson.

Lehrmann dog-baiting now?

Maybe hoping someone will claim he is a dog, so he can sue them for defamation.

'...
During the hearing on Thursday, Lady Meakes told the tribunal she tried sending the NCAT documents to Lehrmann's defamation lawyers Mark O'Brien Legal in Sydney, but the package was returned to sender, The Australian reported.

Lehrmann is understood to have fled NSW after he lost his defamation case in the Federal Court against Lisa Wilkinson and Network Ten in April, and has no fixed address.

Lady Meakes was granted permission to serve Lehrmann with the documents via email.

Asked how long she would need to send him the paperwork, Lady Meakes told the tribunal: 'I have quite a lot of documents.'

When contacted for comment on Friday, Lehrmann referenced the national housing crisis and accused Lady Meakes of 'kicking a dog while it's down'.

'I can certainly sympathise with all those who have been dealing with entitled landlords in this cost of living crisis,' he told Daily Mail Australia.

'Otherwise I'm not going to play this out in the media as they seem to want to do.

'Talk about kicking a dog while it's down.'
...'

"The defamation trial involving Brittany Higgins and Senator Linda Reynolds could be expanded to include more allegations against the Senator's former staffer.

Senator Reynolds submitted a third application to the WA Supreme Court after a discovery order revealed a conversation that took place between Ms Higgins and her fiance David Sharaz.

The conversation was a series of WhatsApp messages that showed the pair discussing who should make a social media post on what platform, based on who had the most followers."

Last edited by a moderator:
How did she lie, I’m confused?

Linda Reynolds slipped up on the Spotlight interview and had to recant her evidence.

Former Defence Minister Linda Reynolds has recanted her Supreme Court evidence that she was never told by a chief of staff that Brittany Higgins had disclosed “I remember him on top of me”.

Linda Reynolds slipped up on the Spotlight interview and had to recant her evidence.

Former Defence Minister Linda Reynolds has recanted her Supreme Court evidence that she was never told by a chief of staff that Brittany Higgins had disclosed “I remember him on top of me”.

Thanks, I had forgotten that; however Lee found that the conspiracy did not exist and therefore I am in Reynolds court and definitely not in Sharaz, Gallagher, Dreyfus’s, court. I look forward to seeing their evidence in court.

therefore I am in Reynolds court
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back