Current Trial 15yo rape victim Pieper Lewis has to pay $150,000 to family of dead paedophile sex trafficker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

She was 15, homeless and found shelter in an appatment building, an adult became her boyfriend who raped her repeatedly, and also .
trafficked her as a minor to 30 men.
She stabbed the rapist to death one time after she was raped.
The judge said the male victim had children who now had non father even they he was a rapist, a paedophile and a sex trafficker.
She has to wear a GPS for 10 years or she risks 20 years jail.

She was 15, homeless and found shelter in an appatment building, an adult became her boyfriend who raped her repeatedly, and also .
trafficked her as a minor to 30 men.
She stabbed the rapist to death one time after she was raped.
The judge said the male victim had children who now had non father even they he was a rapist, a paedophile and a sex trafficker.
She has to wear a GPS for 10 years or she risks 20 years jail.

one of those horrible situations which has a fair outcome despite the injustice

one can't murder someone whilst they are sleepingbecause they committed rape, as they aren't an immediate threat, under law. Courts are courts of law and not courts of justice, thus there is no other outcome possible.

however it is great to see the community step up and bring some balance to the outcome.

#saddened

one of those horrible situations which has a fair outcome despite the injustice

one can't murder someone whilst they are sleepingbecause they committed rape, as they aren't an immediate threat, under law. Courts are courts of law and not courts of justice, thus there is no other outcome possible.

however it is great to see the community step up and bring some balance to the outcome.

#saddened
You are right, you cannot murder some one whilst they are asleep because they raped you, BUT, she was definitely under immediate threat that this would happen again - as this HAD happened many a time before. She was not in a position to wait until he raped her again, he was probably much stronger than her. I feel her punishment is too harsh - MOO.

'......Iowa does have an affirmative defense law that gives some leeway to victims of crime if they commit a violation “under compulsion by another’s threat of serious injury, provided that the defendant reasonably believed that such injury was imminent”.
Prosecutors argued that Lewis waived that affirmative defense when she pleaded guilty to manslaughter and willful injury......'

Also her lawyer should have advised her better!!!

You are right, you cannot murder some one whilst they are asleep because they raped you, BUT, she was definitely under immediate threat that this would happen again - as this HAD happened many a time before. She was not in a position to wait until he raped her again, he was probably much stronger than her. I feel her punishment is too harsh - MOO.

'......Iowa does have an affirmative defense law that gives some leeway to victims of crime if they commit a violation “under compulsion by another’s threat of serious injury, provided that the defendant reasonably believed that such injury was imminent”.
Prosecutors argued that Lewis waived that affirmative defense when she pleaded guilty to manslaughter and willful injury......'

Also her lawyer should have advised her better!!!

Thats a moral argument though not a legal one unless the law is changed (which i agree is maybe what should happen). Under the definition of imminent threat while he was a threat it wasnt imminent and therefore legally she had to be found guilty. Fortunately the judge was able to apply enough discretion to defer part of her sentence.

Thats a moral argument though not a legal one unless the law is changed (which i agree is maybe what should happen). Under the definition of imminent threat while he was a threat it wasnt imminent and therefore legally she had to be found guilty. Fortunately the judge was able to apply enough discretion to defer part of her sentence.
I understand where you are coming from, but to my mind she was absolutely under imminent threat. He was just 'dozing' between threats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back