Mega Thread The Bucks Megathread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I worry without Treloar out we go back to our Slow Ball Moment Game Plan and be lot of Sideways and Backwards Kicks
I don't think that will happen as De Goey can play as a line breaker, Crisp and at a lesser extent Maynard can also play that role when required. The team seems pretty well drilled this year so hopefully we keep going with the current game plan. Pendlebury just needs to keep them focused during the game.

I don't think that will happen as De Goey can play as a line breaker, Crisp and at a lesser extent Maynard can also play that role when required. The team seems pretty well drilled this year so hopefully we keep going with the current game plan. Pendlebury just needs to keep them focused during the game.

Josh Thomas is also a natural at breaking from packs at pace when allowed the freedom to do it in his role.

Although we've won 6 in a row and sit 2nd in the ladder, we haven't blown away the lesser teams. The last two weeks were an opportunity missed to boost the % a bit.

I hope that in a sense we've been in a slight conservative mode the last few weeks, just getting the job done. Getting the 4 points and moving on. Not showing too much on the field, so that other teams can work us out and nullify our gameplan.

I hope that with the handful of quality players we're getting back soon will improve us a lot and get us primed to get the gameplan clicking like clockwork in the last few weeks leading into September. We don't want to be peaking too early like Melbourne or West Coast.

Making the 8 is the only goal this year for me.

Clearly the improvement is there regardless from what happens from this point onwards.

If we can sneak into the top 4 and get treloar, elliot back then the sky is maybe the limit this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

buckley has evolved more in the last 12 months than at any time during his coaching career. he would never have rolling mids like Treloar forward in years gone by, played Mayne on a wing (or as a defensive winger like Sat night), trusted a rookie to be the no 1 F50 target and used Sidey and Pendles to sit on blokes.

looking forward to what he comes up with this week.

buckley has evolved more in the last 12 months than at any time during his coaching career. he would never have rolling mids like Treloar forward in years gone by, played Mayne on a wing (or as a defensive winger like Sat night), trusted a rookie to be the no 1 F50 target and used Sidey and Pendles to sit on blokes.

looking forward to what he comes up with this week.
It will be interesting that’s for sure, as we are running out of players.

Here's a post from June last year.
Now more than 12 months on, we are where we are :)

I do not post this to be arrogant in any way, I'm sure everyone is rapt with where we are and where we are now headed as a footy club.

The reason I post this and the question I have for everyone, particularly in the wake of yesterday's heroic performance and the injury landscape we find ourselves in, is now the time to resign the coach for another 2 years?

I truly believe now is the time!!

Since this thread has been bumped, where is my stalker in kreuger? Haven't seen him for a few months.

Not saying we are there but am enjoying the ride and can see some daylight.
Haven’t seen him cos we have not lost, wait till we do. There’s a couple of others in the same boat.

Although we've won 6 in a row and sit 2nd in the ladder, we haven't blown away the lesser teams. The last two weeks were an opportunity missed to boost the % a bit.

I hope that in a sense we've been in a slight conservative mode the last few weeks, just getting the job done. Getting the 4 points and moving on. Not showing too much on the field, so that other teams can work us out and nullify our gameplan.

I hope that with the handful of quality players we're getting back soon will improve us a lot and get us primed to get the gameplan clicking like clockwork in the last few weeks leading into September. We don't want to be peaking too early like Melbourne or West Coast.
because we lose 1 or 2 players in every game and run out of puff.

DhnLTTCU0AAp5Yw.jpg

The thing that makes me so nervous about Bucks, is how s**t we were for the previous 4 seasons and his stubbornness to make changes to the gameplan. I could see from the first season when he went away from the Malthouse gameplan to the then ‘new’ gameplan, it wasn’t going to work and it is now taken 5 years to finally change his ways. I still don’t know what the hell took so long.

Now he is finally made some meaningful changes and we are achieving good results, I still fear reverting back to the old shitty backwards, sideways, slow ball movement game plan of last year.

I guess judgement day is finals. Hopefully we continue to do what we are currently doing and go deep in the finals.

when he went away from the Malthouse gameplan to the then ‘new’ gameplan, it wasn’t going to work
That was only because of a lack of quality players IMO.
In the past if we lost players we couldn't replace them, this year we have been able to.
Countless times in the past we haven't had anyone to kick to and I reckon that contributes to the sideways movement.
There are still times now we don't have a down the line target and that's when we switch.
The run up the guts play was exciting back then and still is now, we're just doing it move often.

The thing that makes me so nervous about Bucks, is how s**t we were for the previous 4 seasons and his stubbornness to make changes to the gameplan. I could see from the first season when he went away from the Malthouse gameplan to the then ‘new’ gameplan, it wasn’t going to work and it is now taken 5 years to finally change his ways. I still don’t know what the hell took so long.

Now he is finally made some meaningful changes and we are achieving good results, I still fear reverting back to the old shitty backwards, sideways, slow ball movement game plan of last year.

I guess judgement day is finals. Hopefully we continue to do what we are currently doing and go deep in the finals.
For me judgement day is here, we have improved and with a lot more improvement to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back