Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We expect disposal miracles from under siege defenders, when the reason for some of their errors lays elsewhere on the field.

Not at all, but I expect a guy of Plowmans age and experience to have better situational awareness, his kick, back in the corridor in the last minute of the 1st quarter was under no pressure and cost a goal.
In the dying minutes of the game when the team needs to score and have set up for a long kick down the middle, he chips short to the pocket.

I don’t expect miracles, but I expect better than this.

Cut him a bit more slack then, hopefully he improves, the Rance comparison is way off

My opinion is, once we see the team improve, so will he. Confidence goes up and less manic ball comes in. All in good time though... He's definitely a potential great of the club IF we improve like I believe we will.

That’s ridiculous. Complete indictment on the coaching staff

Didn't you get the memo?

It's our players that are dumb and too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

Seriously, how can the coaching staff, particularly Teague not come under fire by now?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that we play with 3 key forwards and not one of them is there to kick it to. Instead we're trying to hit up Gibbons or Jack. It's a bloody joke. Forget about experience, age bracket, that stuff is basic 101. We shouldn't see that at AFL level at all, let alone consistently.

Didn't you get the memo?

Seriously, how can the coaching staff, particularly Teague not come under fire by now?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that we play with 3 key forwards and not one of them is there to kick it to. Instead we're trying to hit up Gibbons or Jack. It's a bloody joke. Forget about experience, age bracket, that stuff is basic 101. We shouldn't see that at AFL level at all, let alone consistently.
Agree re Teague. That is unacceptable and has happened in a number of games this season now. After On The Couch showed similar vision at the beginning of the year and I questioned Teague and was slammed for it on here.
Now the same thing is still happening!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't you get the memo?

Do you think it is fixable?

Do you think it is fixable?

Yes, definitely!

At the moment, we play so predictable.

We either try to go up the boundary to our key forwards or we'll try and switch. If the forward marks it, there's no one to kick to because the other two have also pushed far up the ground. One of them, on the opposite side in case we did switch. Opposition has figured this out easily. That's why when we switch, most of our options are already covered. They know what we're doing.

Whenever we get possession on the wing, we need the key forwards running back inside 50 to be an option because persisting with Gibbons or Jack is suicide. Instruction and work rate is the key here.

All three of them shouldn't be pushing that far up at the same time either. Can't expect them to keep pushing that far up the ground all the way to the d50 arc and then bolt back to f50 all day.

At the moment, from our d50, we're fully reliant on Harry/Charlie taking a mark on the d50 arc area, kicking long up the boundary to Harry/Charlie who also has to mark it on the wing, then he does what? Kick it to Gibbons/Jack? Can't kick to Mitch because he's pushed up to the opposite side of the ground and Harry/Charlie who kicked from d50 arc is gassed so much they can't get inside 50 fast enough to provide an option let alone compete. So our best chance of scoring is to take risks rather than play to a strategy.

I felt so sorry for Jack on the weekend. Kept fronting up to create opportunities but was isolated 1 on 3 in the forward line with Harry, Charlie and Gov nowhere to be seen. Game plan, players, probably both. But F me its frustrating to watch.

The amount of times Gibbons or Jack are actually playing as full forwards or leading to where the Harry or McGovern or Charlie should have been leading to - points to it being a conscious coaching strategy. Not sure whoever the architect of this situation is or why - but certainly has been pointed out here on many occasions before the TV chaps decided to highlight it.

Simple fixes I would have thought? What is the point fo three genuine marking talls if they are all pretending to be wings from center bounces even?

The other thought I had was watching what some teams do - when they don't have the right structure in place - they kick to deep space and let it become a chase turning opposition around...not the worst option- i too am sick of watching kicks to outnumbered Carlton players and easy turnover.

Yes, definitely!

At the moment, we play so predictable.

We either try to go up the boundary to our key forwards or we'll try and switch. If the forward marks it, there's no one to kick to because the other two have also pushed far up the ground. One of them, on the opposite side in case we did switch. Opposition has figured this out easily. That's why when we switch, most of our options are already covered. They know what we're doing.

Whenever we get possession on the wing, we need the key forwards running back inside 50 to be an option because persisting with Gibbons or Jack is suicide. Instruction and work rate is the key here.

All three of them shouldn't be pushing that far up at the same time either. Can't expect them to keep pushing that far up the ground all the way to the d50 arc and then bolt back to f50 all day.

At the moment, from our d50, we're fully reliant on Harry/Charlie taking a mark on the d50 arc area, kicking long up the boundary to Harry/Charlie who also has to mark it on the wing, then he does what? Kick it to Gibbons/Jack? Can't kick to Mitch because he's pushed up to the opposite side of the ground and Harry/Charlie who kicked from d50 arc is gassed so much they can't get inside 50 fast enough to provide an option let alone compete. So our best chance of scoring is to take risks rather than play to a strategy.

Totally agree- I don't understand our forward line structure(s) or lack of - the forwards are being used as wingmen way way down field ....I think it is fixable but the worry is why should something like this have to be fixed in the first place?

Because everyone wants that cheese on toast now
No its fine. Patience. Its cool that we are being coached by a bloke that was a running punchline in Tasmanian football before he somehow got kissed on the &*&^ and got a gig at Hawthorn. Nothing to see here. Patience. We will emulate Geelong and Richmond - she'll be right - its all great. Stay the course. Keep Bolton - he's great.

The coaches aren't to blame for players being second to the ball all game, being flat-footed when opponents are showing them that constant movement creates opportunities, slipping tackles, and handballing at teammates' feet.

The players own this.

No its fine. Patience. Its cool that we are being coached by a bloke that was a running punchline in Tasmanian football before he somehow got kissed on the &*&^ and got a gig at Hawthorn. Nothing to see here. Patience. We will emulate Geelong and Richmond - she'll be right - its all great. Stay the course. Keep Bolton - he's great.

Let's not overreact

As for his record before reaching our club, he would have many coaches covered

Let's not overreact

As for his record before reaching our club, he would have many coaches covered
That is just not true. Before Hawthorn he has NOTHING AT ALL - and dont say North Hobart - that is VFA 8ths . I could have been a successful assistant at Hawthorn. He's got a pile of management books and some degrees and they have brainwashed any Georgetown hardness that he had in him.

That is just not true. Before Hawthorn he has NOTHING AT ALL - and dont say North Hobart - that is VFA 8ths . I could have been a successful assistant at Hawthorn. He's got a pile of management books and some degrees and they have brainwashed any Georgetown hardness that he had in him.

Probably more than what people here have achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back