The coalition will never win the federal government again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a lol at you trying to school me on this subject in which you personally have admitted you know nothing about.

This is the second post in a row you've said this.

One's political views should not interfere with the academic process of review; that is the point of having a process of review, so that ideas/evidence is checked and followed up. I'm comfortable with my position, as it is backed up by that process and by the numerous primary sources sitting on my bookshelf.

Can you demonstrate my bias interfering with my opinion here?
You don't know how much I know on this topic.
I'm personally discrediting you as a source, and others, due to the obvious confirmation bias that you have.

You don't know how much I know on this topic.
I'm personally discrediting you as a source, and others, due to the obvious confirmation bias that you have.
Demonstrate my confirmation bias, ET.

And I do know how much you know on this topic, because I informed you what the consequences were if you do not answer the question "How much do you know on this topic?" were.

You know nothing, otherwise you'd have said so.

Demonstrate my confirmation bias, ET.

And I do know how much you know on this topic, because I informed you what the consequences were if you do not answer the question "How much do you know on this topic?" were.

You know nothing, otherwise you'd have said so.
Sorry, I'm not going to engage you any more on this topic, I entered simply disenchanted with a posters hyperbolic/loaded version of history summed up in a few sentences. I took issue with that. I've since been taken out of context - as you seem to be highly skilled at doing so. Basically it's not a topic I'm all that interested in, I stumbled upon it in a discussion that probably doesn't belong in this thread. You think you've won something? You're fighting an invisible man here. Basically I find you predictable, boring and unreliable on these matters.

Sorry, I'm not going to engage you any more on this topic, I entered simply disenchanted with a posters hyperbolic/loaded version of history summed up in a few sentences. I took issue with that. I've since been taken out of context - as you seem to be highly skilled at. Basically it's not a topic I'm all that interested in, I stumbled upon it in a discussion that probably doesn't belong in this thread. You think you've won something? You're fighting an invisible man here. Basically I find you predictable, boring and unreliable on these matters.
Summing up:
  • you don't trust historians or the study of history.
  • you don't trust me because I'm biased.
  • I'm not just biased, I've demonstrated confirmation bias.
... but
  • you're unable to demonstrate that you know more than I do.
  • you're unable to link to posts in which I've been biased in this area.
  • you're unable to demonstrate my confirmation bias in this area.

So, ignorant, intellectually lazy, and genuinely weak.

Alas. So much for ExcitementMachine.

Listening to Stuart Robert, Liberal MP and former Minister in the Morrison Government on ABC radio this morning tells you all you need to know why the Libs lost so convincingly on Saturday.

He literally said you shouldn't judge a politician by what they say or do.

FFS.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 12.40.42 pm.png

Listening to Stuart Robert, Liberal MP and former Minister in the Morrison Government on ABC radio this morning tells you all you need to know why the Libs lost so convincingly on Saturday:

View attachment 1409822
Doesn't his church make a virtue judging people on things they've said and done?

Listening to Stuart Robert, Liberal MP and former Minister in the Morrison Government on ABC radio this morning tells you all you need to know why the Libs lost so convincingly on Saturday.

He literally said you shouldn't judge a politician by what they say or do.

FFS.

View attachment 1409822
That is some word salad - hard to believe this man was a minister

Wasn't Arthur Phillip the pioneer what would now be described as an invasion by the British of Australia? Upon first settlement wasn't he a somewhat decent person who wanted the Indigenous people to be treated with respect?

I've come to know the posters and where they are coming from and it's important to be critical of those who've graduated from the Arts History/Politics because I know we learn a loaded interpretation of History at Uni over the past few decades so it's important to hold your views to account and be contrarian.

I'm sure the Indigenous people got screwed no doubt, but try not get caught up in a hyperbolic interpretation of History through the Arts of cherry-picking.
FFS - what is it with clueless idiots on BF political threads who make lazy, juvenile and woefully misinformed generalisations about what discipline they imagine other posters studied at Uni?

And never willing to outline their own academic or employment qualifications and achievements.

Signals a huge inferiority complex to me.

Last edited:
Going back to this bit of idiocy…..

The fraser government was far to the left of turnbull and scomo.

<<<
The Fraser government maintained many of the social reforms of the Whitlam era, but sought to introduce increased fiscal restraint. It passed the Human Rights Commission Act 1981, which established the Human Rights Commission and gave effect to five international human rights instruments. This government also established the position of Commonwealth Ombudsman in 1977 and introduced Australia's first freedom of information law.

The National Museum of Australia Act 1980created the National Museum of Australia.>>>

As i said - political neophyte…… fraser on many issues is to the left of current labor.

Oh and i nearly forgot - fraser championed the ostracism of south africa for their apartheid regime - what a trotskyite eh?
The Trotsky mention was to your comment on another topic after your rambles of sky

Before Fraser go back to Whitlam and his signature of the Lima declaration read about that then under stand the left leanings of the LNP.

Yep.
Let's start with the race that has been here for 60 millennia and work our way backwards.

I would prefer we treat Australians as Australians or as people rather than dividing us by race.

but I am sure there are some who would like to see bus seats and train carriages divided by race. others who would wave nazi symbols or even sheets over the head.

I'm just uncomfortable with the racism already enshrined in our Constitution and feel we should be removing it......not compounding it.

The Liberals should be out of power for two terms , The teal MP's have shown that the affluent electorates aren't going to default to the Liberals every three years. The liberals have a significant issue with female voters and banging their heads against the wall as the rest of the world starts to address climate change. The National party although not losing seats federally has had major setbacks at state level. They also seem split along ideological lines.
If the teal and independent candidates can hang around and get established in these formerly blue seats it could be very hard for the Liberals to get over the line with the Nats again.
If Dutton has any brains he needs to look at how out of date the Liberal party has become , push the religious element into the background , start accepting climate change and the need for a federal ICAC for a start. He then needs to see how he can grab back the teal voters. Personally I think he will just go into attack mode and lurch to the right further.
Either way about it both Labour and Liberal don't look like they can by default expect 30+ percent of the primary vote every election anymore. Much more of a chance that we could have coalitions including the greens and independents in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when someone responds to a post with "delusional", it is reasonable to ask why they make that statement to understand what they disagreed with

as in this case, demon ascent realised he simply couldn't debate the facts and had to resort to emotional out bursts

I was simply helping him focus on the topic. but yes, it is probably his mother's fault for not helping him more when he was a child.
Out of interest, would you be so inclined to make statements of another person's mother to their face, PR?

I would prefer we treat Australians as Australians or as people rather than dividing us by race.

but I am sure there are some who would like to see bus seats and train carriages divided by race. others who would wave nazi symbols or even sheets over the head.

I'm just uncomfortable with the racism already enshrined in our Constitution and feel we should be removing it......not compounding it.

Perhaps you missed it....
In 1788 the Brits said the indigenous folk aren't people and as such refused to treat them as people.
234 years later the indigenous folk are asking that that mistake be rectified by the acknowledgment of them as people and their culture.

For you to call that racism or dividing train carriages is the height of stupidity.
Stop talking s**t. Please.

It means that when Europeans first settled on Indigenous lands - the Indigenous people were expected to be treated with respect.
Rest assured it would not have been the experience for many indigenous - and I'm sure it went downhill at a certain point.
Basically what I'm saying is in all these issues that aren't black and white - it's the same people giving their loaded-hyperbolic views, on this occasion you and your version of history.

Version of history???
Do you know anything about British history?

FFS - what is it with clueless idiots on BF political threads who make lazy, juvenile and woefully misinformed generalisations about what discipline they imagine other posters studied at Uni?

And never willing to outline their own academic or employment qualifications and achievements.

Signals a huge inferiority complex to me.
I have an arts degree ... idiot.
So inform me of my inferiority complex then...
You seem juvenile, lazy and you're definitely ill informed.

I have an arts degree ... idiot.
So inform me of my inferiority complex then...
You seem juvenile, lazy and you're definitely ill informed.
Channel 9 Whatever GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Tell us what changes you think have been proposed for the Constitution in line with the Uluru Statement that has you so worked up.

What bits do you imagine will 'divide us by race? For example, what is it about the concept of recognising the pre-history of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in this country going back tens of thousands off years in the preamble of the Constitution that causes you offence?

Bearing in mind that ANY change has to be put to the people and be accepted with the majority of people in the majority of states. History has shown that getting ANY change at all to our constitution is notoriously difficult with only 8/44 amendments carried in the past 120 years.

And it is obvious that any proposal for change will have to be broad and widely accepted by all segments of the population to have any chance of success.

I just can't see why you are getting so worked up about it and making bizarre references to Nazis , 'yellow people' and divided buses in your posts.

when someone responds to a post with "delusional", it is reasonable to ask why they make that statement to understand what they disagreed with

as in this case, demon ascent realised he simply couldn't debate the facts and had to resort to emotional out bursts

I was simply helping him focus on the topic. but yes, it is probably his mother's fault for not helping him more when he was a child.

Sensible people recognise it is wealth that affords people the education and respect of the environment. This is evidenced by how Australia respects the land over third world nations.

Our wealth comes from the land and thus anyone who loves the environment has to love the industry that delivers the wealth.

It is for this reason we have seen a coalition government more than any other government and will do so for the generations ahead.

It just takes time for the youth to appreciate that good wages don't come from unions but from industry. It takes time for youth to appreciate the good environment doesn't come from soy latte sipping nay sayers but industry. No doubt industry needs a constant shove to do better but this is the reality we live in.

There's nothing in your ramblings even worth responding to. "Good environment" comes from industry - the same industry who is happy to plunder the environment to fill their bank accounts?

"Good wages" don't come from unions but from industry - the same industry that actively lobbies governments to remove fair working conditions for their employees such as minimum wage, collective bargaining etc?

Give me a break, you've swallowed the neo-liberal "magic of the marketplace" bullshit hook line and sinker obviously. Everything can be solved by industry if only those crazy left wing governments would just let us do things the way we want! Either that or you make your living off of pillaging the environment so have to do these mental gymnastics to justify it to yourself.

"Our wealth comes from the land and thus anyone who loves the environment has to love the industry that delivers the wealth."

:tearsofjoy:

He is here more than Rupert is.

I actually thought there was a rift between Rupert & Lachlan ?.

Thought that Lachlan returned from the US, and basically wanted to step back from Rupert and the business.

Rupert, even his mother basically disowned him. “ you’re either an Australian or American, you can’t be both “.

I actually thought there was a rift between Rupert & Lachlan ?.

Thought that Lachlan returned from the US, and basically wanted to step back from Rupert and the business.

Rupert, even his mother basically disowned him. “ you’re either an Australian or American, you can’t be both “.
That's the other brother walked away from family business.

Lachlan is reportable worse than Rupert.

There's nothing in your ramblings even worth responding to. "Good environment" comes from industry - the same industry who is happy to plunder the environment to fill their bank accounts?

"Good wages" don't come from unions but from industry - the same industry that actively lobbies governments to remove fair working conditions for their employees such as minimum wage, collective bargaining etc?

Give me a break, you've swallowed the neo-liberal "magic of the marketplace" bullshit hook line and sinker obviously. Everything can be solved by industry if only those crazy left wing governments would just let us do things the way we want! Either that or you make your living off of pillaging the environment so have to do these mental gymnastics to justify it to yourself.

"Our wealth comes from the land and thus anyone who loves the environment has to love the industry that delivers the wealth."

:tearsofjoy:

so you don't believe geologist and farmers seek a job working in nature because they enjoy working in the environment?

you don't believe industry creates wealth that provides the wealth to workers?

you don't believe workers care about the environment more, as their maslow hierarchy of needs is fulfilled?

you don't believe industry needs a constant push to create more wealth, more efficiently and constantly improve their practices?

you don't believe this push comes from external but also internal, as those that choose to live and work in nature "love nature"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back