Opinion The Coleman: JACK 2 - RICHO 0, But Who's Better?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's rubbish IMO.

I agree Richo should be considered the better player, especially considering he has finished his career and all. Even at the same age, I agree Richo is ahead.

But there are definitely aspects of the game, especially when the ball is on the ground, where Jack excels. Jack definitely has more footy smarts, and in particular with timing and direction of leads. Whereas Richo was probably double the athlete Jack is.

Richo a much better contested mark, which is saying something, cos Jack is no slouch. Richo for the passion and effort, where Jack sometimes seems to try and pull off the fancy but easier option.

And as Bojangles17 said, Richo had a knack of beating the best opposition, Jack still needs to improve that area... sometimes I get the impression he doesn't try his hardest for fear of failure. Am confident maturity will cure that eventually.

ATM, Jack is lightyears from being as good a contested mark as Richo was and producing that week in week out, without FAIL.
The only thing and I mean only thing that Jack has on Richo is that he is more mercurial. i.e. he has that skill that you can't learn or teach, that is anticipation and the ability to do away with cast iron footy skills and just get that f****r over that goal line or to a player, anyway he can, be it a toe poke, be it a flick, he produces that rabbit out of the hat. Richo couldnt do that stuff.

Richo without question!

I know it's a different game style now but Richo is one of those athletic freaks that would be a star in any generation.

Instead of asking how Richo would go playing in our team now, think about how Jack would go playing in Richos era. Personally, I don't think he would have been in the same class as Richo as we had an incredibly ordinary team and he wouldn't have won any Colemans competing against all the gun forwards of the day.

We will never have another Richo Man.......sadly :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back