Roast The Commentary For Richmond Matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Tippa is a very average player. Never puts his head over the ball and never gets a possession unless it is a slingshot out the back into the open spaces. He is a good finisher. That is why he goes games without goals when Essendon are losing. Of course there is the sensational run down tackles, look great but they are the easiest tackles to make because the guy with the ball doesn't see you coming. Had one other tackle for the rest of the game. Essendon supporters love him, but they know nothing about football so that doesn't surprise me. He would be given no such leeway on our board.
I don't like tippa either but I've seen him.go hard plenty of times. He took a mark going back with the flight to be knocked down fairly hard and didn't bat an eyelid last night and then went back and slotted it.

Pickett on the other hand has shown multiple times this year and again last night he doesn't want the hard ones. Id hate that to cost is a final...
Focus on our blokes first

I don't like tippa either but I've seen him.go hard plenty of times. He took a mark going back with the flight to be knocked down fairly hard and didn't bat an eyelid last night and then went back and slotted it.

Pickett on the other hand has shown multiple times this year and again last night he doesn't want the hard ones. Id hate that to cost is a final...
Focus on our blokes first
Give him that the mark was great. Every time I watch him he is on the outside of the pack waiting for it to come out to him, or running into space. I don't think I've seen him get a hard ball.... except for that mark.

Give him that the mark was great. Every time I watch him he is on the outside of the pack waiting for it to come out to him, or running into space. I don't think I've seen him get a hard ball.... except for that mark.
Maybe that's his role... either way I can't stand him.
Still real concerned on picket. Pulls out and ducks his head regularly and his floating kicks...

Commentators are barracking for the underdog which isn't often us. They follow a script. Id understand how it gets to people if we were s**t but we are winning.
Makes them look even sillier

Grimes could have sent Tippa to another planet with that mark. Grimes pulled up and let him off. Stringer them remonstrated which confused me. It was a courageous mark but he didn’t get hit hard at all. He is also extremely overrated.
Lucky grimes has brains or he would of missed the rest of the home and away season..
Apparently he's expecting a fine this week for an over exaggeration and potentially Vlastuin according to Ralph

Maybe that's his role... either way I can't stand him.
Still real concerned on picket. Pulls out and ducks his head regularly and his floating kicks...

Commentators are barracking for the underdog which isn't often us. They follow a script. Id understand how it gets to people if we were sh*t but we are winning.
Makes them look even sillier
I don't dislike Tippa just reckon the commentators and Essendon supporters adore him for every little thing he does. Averages 9 disposals and 1 goal a game.

Yes and no with Pickett, did some great stuff last night and was involved in a lot of chains of good play but his kicking let him down. His kicking is very hot and cold, but I still think he adds good value off the wing. Just nice to see us finally having someone who moves like a proper wingman.

Duno is this has been mentioned but the commentary team (Richo included) once again set up our players for fan backlash. If they weren’t such biased campaigners and called the game fairly for both sides we probably wouldn’t have players receiving death threats etc.
The fact that they mention in passing the Riewoldt non free for both front on contact and chopping arms incident yet dwell on one soft free kick for the opposition says it all. We are all emotional fans just like the drugs supporters and although I can’t imagine any of us sending death threats, you can kinda see why they would get upset.

It’s about time Richo put the club first before his media career and called the game fairly. And it’s about time all these dumb ex footy players got the boot and bring in some professionals. It’s cringeworthy and now it appears it’s even put some of our players in physical danger.

Once again, everything is supposedly a free kick to the eagles and every free we get is lucky. Absolutely disgraceful commentary. They’d have you believe it’s 7 free kicks to 12 our way.... oh wait it’s the opposite

Now fair dinkum

This commentary thing...
I get how commentators go against us cause we are brilliant. I don't like it but I accept it

However

Tonight's coverage was disgraceful. A certain commentator called the names wrong so many times I lost count. That commentator was boring and dull.
However nobody pulled the commentator up as they usually would because you guessed it...
I can't say why. My post will be deleted.
Tokenism needs to stop.
Doesn't work for dreamtime round and doesn't work to push agendas

* me

Now fair dinkum

This commentary thing...
I get how commentators go against us cause we are brilliant. I don't like it but I accept it

However

Tonight's coverage was disgraceful. A certain commentator called the names wrong so many times I lost count. That commentator was boring and dull.
However nobody pulled the commentator up as they usually would because you guessed it...
I can't say why. My post will be deleted.
Tokenism needs to stop.
Doesn't work for dreamtime round and doesn't work to push agendas

fu** me

Plenty called that commentator up and did not get their post deleted. Why? because they didn't turn it into a gender thing. You did, which is why your post was deleted.

I am not a fan of Kellie Underwoods commentary, neither are some and that's fine. But don't turn it into a exercise of whinging having a female commentator.

For 2 quarters all i heard Roo and King talk about was who was winning the centre clearances. They still weren’t winning the game. It was painful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunstall often builds us up the way our record deserves, gives credit where credit is appropriate and at least he has something resembling a footy brain.

Kelli didn't annoy me as much as many others do, but between the mangled metaphors and the deadpan calling I can't see her breaking into the big games anytime soon.

Riccshitflowsfrommouth should cop a stern warning at best for that comment about Vlas 'staging.'

Plenty called that commentator up and did not get their post deleted. Why? because they didn't turn it into a gender thing. You did, which is why your post was deleted.

I am not a fan of Kellie Underwoods commentary, neither are some and that's fine. But don't turn it into a exercise of whinging having a female commentator.
Spot on!

Besides, it was such a s**t game to call, actually feel sorry for her!

I’m not a fan of Kellie Underwood by any stretch of the imagination. She puts on a voice a bit and loves a cliche call when a player slots a goal or something, which just makes you go.... oh, really?. But seriously, she tries her best to commentate the play, and doesn’t over do it like other commentators, which is appreciated. She at least has a better grasp than others of how a game should be commentated. So, given the diabolical commentating landscape, she was pretty good tonight and deserves some praise.

I’m not a fan of Kellie Underwood by any stretch of the imagination. She puts on a voice a bit and loves a cliche call when a player slots a goal or something, which just makes you go.... oh, really?. But seriously, she tries her best to commentate the play, and doesn’t over do it like other commentators, which is appreciated. She at least has a better grasp than others of how a game should be commentated. So, given the diabolical commentating landscape, she was pretty good tonight and deserves some praise.

I've rated her on ABC calls. So maybe she just needs to better adapt and realise the TV is already telling some of the picture. Her many stuff ups of player names wasn't great but hopefully this was just nerves.

They really had the B team on commentary tonight.

But yeah, the commentators in Aussie sport always go for the underdog, or they take a guess at who the neutral will be barracking for.

The goal that lynch missed was dead in front, * me dead, he should have kicked , but “ dead in front “

Remove this Banner Ad

Back