Multiplat The Crew 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy with this one overall. Considering all the different types of modes they have done a good job of making each mode feel slightly different.
From testing all modes I like the stunt plane the most easy to get into and loved the feeling of flying from New York to LA !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
how does the environment feel?

Is it still soulless?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

how does the environment feel?

Is it still soulless?

I think it is better than the first in the environment but yes in some areas I must admit that it felt very quiet and abit polygon. Flying felt very good for me as you could see lots of action on the ground which felt like there was life out there and views into the distance worked for me as well.

Agreed that the map is bigger. Having the option to fly makes the game space feel larger as if you get bored drive through the Grand Canyon just skip to your plane and fly through for some difference !

Can you change from plane to car and stay at the same point in the map and vice versa? Thinking of how great this will be to get those car parts around the map instead of driving all the way to them

Downloaded the beta and cruised around with some mates last night. Drove from LA to New York just taking it in - took us a couple of hours with all the little detours we did. It’s definitely on my radar to pick up.

Got it today. Only got to play for 30mins before work tho. Was pretty satisfied with the limited bit I played
i just hope the environment isnt as soulless as the first game

i just hope the environment isnt as soulless as the first game

World seems nice, but this games format I think it may feel soulless to some. I guess adding Planes, Bikes and Boats is a attempt to change that. Early days it seems like most are focusing heavily on cars though, so I haven't seem much if any at all of the planes cruising around whilst I drive. They have mystery boxes that spawn in around the world to give unique car parts which is pretty cool which show up bleeping on the radar like the car parts.

still I have only played a few hours so wont really have a good idea until the weekend when I plan to have a long session.

Other musings
- cars look nice and drive real good for a arcade racer
- pretty sure I saw in the settings you can set up a wheel
- Race entries are cool... not just hitting a circle in the map.
- You can set random speed and jump records in most areas to be matched against your friends
- Seems to be more race heavy so far and even with the challenges
- World has no fog or war which some might like... personally I like being forced to explore the map. You can fast travel from the start to any city
- done very little driving out of the cities actually (love the street racing), but the country side looks sweet
- Planes & boats I've yet to touch other then the intro.
- Story seems more chilled out. All about street racing etc so far.
- Leveling up involves a game social media thing where you need to collect followers. Not bad. As you progress you need followers to enter some events. This helps make free roaming more rewarding I think.. ie just random jumping etc increases this as well event entries etc
- NOS is scaled back thank good. No longer do you feel like you need to mash the NOS button all throughout the races. I found it is best used in long straight to reach insane max speeds, then let it build back up slowly in tight areas.
- More Jumps around the world and in races which are cool

World seems nice, but this games format I think it may feel soulless to some. I guess adding Planes, Bikes and Boats is a attempt to change that. Early days it seems like most are focusing heavily on cars though, so I haven't seem much if any at all of the planes cruising around whilst I drive. They have mystery boxes that spawn in around the world to give unique car parts which is pretty cool which show up bleeping on the radar like the car parts.

still I have only played a few hours so wont really have a good idea until the weekend when I plan to have a long session.

Other musings
- cars look nice and drive real good for a arcade racer
- pretty sure I saw in the settings you can set up a wheel
- Race entries are cool... not just hitting a circle in the map.
- You can set random speed and jump records in most areas to be matched against your friends
- Seems to be more race heavy so far and even with the challenges
- World has no fog or war which some might like... personally I like being forced to explore the map. You can fast travel from the start to any city
- done very little driving out of the cities actually (love the street racing), but the country side looks sweet
- Planes & boats I've yet to touch other then the intro.
- Story seems more chilled out. All about street racing etc so far.
- Leveling up involves a game social media thing where you need to collect followers. Not bad. As you progress you need followers to enter some events. This helps make free roaming more rewarding I think.. ie just random jumping etc increases this as well event entries etc
- NOS is scaled back thank good. No longer do you feel like you need to mash the NOS button all throughout the races. I found it is best used in long straight to reach insane max speeds, then let it build back up slowly in tight areas.
- More Jumps around the world and in races which are cool
keep me posted after you give it a good play over the weekend.

Im thinking of picking it up but if its not that great i might just buy the cheaper Burnout remastered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was flying around and the beeping went off, you may even be able to land next to the object to claim it but didn’t try.
You race in the same way with swapping between modes mid race.

I switched to the car to find it then switched back to the plane or boat when within distance to claim the loot.

Played a fair bit more. Safe to say I addicted and can see myself smashing this game for months.

Graphics & weather is pretty nice. Done some long races and found myself admiring the scenery. Mountain races are awesome for this. Fav race so far is a Harley Davision only race (in the street race challenge) which started in Las Vegas strip then went through the desert then over the mountains... beautiful race.

AI is really challenging until you upgrade your cars high where you can flog them for easy grind cash. Or if you want a challenge you can upgrade the difficulty to hard.

All races are in real time and weather. Start a race in the night and you race night, and like wise weather. I found myself having trouble winning a race in the snow, but once it dried up I’d did heaps better for example.

Cars look awesome... the livery options in this game are huge. I always stop to check out other peoples cars for this reason.

Commented above about Nos. They definitely nailed it compared to crew 1.

Rally raid I like... hated in in crew 1.

Car levelling is a grind, but I love grinding in games. It gets hard to max out cars later which parts you win becoming inferior to what you already have. But you can use those still on over cars you own of the same class. For instance.. street cars have a max lvl of 280 atm. Getting to 200 is real easy, 200-260 gets harder as the lvl increase per part drops, 260-280 you feel the grind a bit. Once your car is about lvl 240 you start to easily dominate the AI.

Played with a mate the other night. You can join races together. Was fun. General online pvp racing opens up later in the year I understand.

Haven’t done planes yet, but started coming across then in the open world. They def make the world look less empty. Noticed it heaps once gold exclusive stopped... seemed the gold crowd went heavy car racing...random observation.

Lots of people spent time just cruising around in groups follow the leader type.. game still interactive like that. Prob a good way to meet people if I cared to much up with randoms.

Boats are alright... find them fun late in my gaming session to do something different. Plus helps general character Levelling.

No matter what style you do they is always money/progress to make.

Drift races look like they will be fun with mates... will be a unique thing for some. The courses here are really cool when you manage to pull off long drift combos.

Did F1... wasn’t that great. Only 2 tracks early on... unsure if more open up. Wish I spent my cash buying a circuit car first

As you progress the map gets flooded with racers and challenges which should be great to keep me entertained

Way less reliance on world challenges to progress like jumps etc... at first I was a bit disappointed but love it now. Find my self doing way more racing then crew 1.

Story line is meh... but who cares

Still need to do air racing, rally cross, drag, hyper cars, plus a few others a can’t recall. At a stage of the game I’m swamped in things to do. Good times.

Overall I’m very happy with in. But keep in mind I really liked crew 1 and this games concept so I might be easily pleased

I've sunk about an hour in. Definitely an upgrade on the first game, bit bummed that it looks like there are less side activities around the map (unless they appear as I progress) as that's probably my favourite part about games like this and Horizon. More reliance on actually racing isn't a bad thing though.

We downloaded it today

Loves
Variety of cars
The speed is intense ...especially cross country hurtling downhills
The map is bloody huge
The menu system works well
All the cars have uniqueness to them in terms if handling
The choice of cars is massive
Planes are fun
Bikes are cool
There’s plenty to do once you get into the game
Graphics are nice

Hates
Starting a race again takes two menus
No cops ....liked the cop bits
The boats are but meh ......they just don’t feel right but that said I’m glad they are in the game

We loved it ...me ..two kids aged 12..13 BOYs

We downloaded it today

Loves
Variety of cars
The speed is intense ...especially cross country hurtling downhills
The map is bloody huge
The menu system works well
All the cars have uniqueness to them in terms if handling
The choice of cars is massive
Planes are fun
Bikes are cool
There’s plenty to do once you get into the game
Graphics are nice

Hates
Starting a race again takes two menus
No cops ....liked the cop bits
The boats are but meh ......they just don’t feel right but that said I’m glad they are in the game

We loved it ...me ..two kids aged 12..13 BOYs

Starting a race again you can hold triangle at the end ;)... good if you fail to qualify for loot

Cops will come as a expansion eventually I’d say... like crew 1

Agree the boats are meh... good for a little cash or xp boost tho if you want a break from racing

Starting a race again you can hold triangle at the end ;)... good if you fail to qualify for loot

Cops will come as a expansion eventually I’d say... like crew 1

Agree the boats are meh... good for a little cash or xp boost tho if you want a break from racing

Having hammered this game a lot this weekend we love the small jet boats .....they are fun

So much fun to be had in this game

We are up to decent level and the game gets challenging ....so much variety to choose from

keep me posted after you give it a good play over the weekend.

Im thinking of picking it up but if its not that great i might just buy the cheaper Burnout remastered

It’s worth it

Graphically it’s really nice looking and good frame rate

This game is a keeper ...it really is good ...it got 7 by IGN ....ID GO 8/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back