Toast The Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am so proud of all of those who have run through the back 6 this year.

Lead by hopefully first time AllAustralian defender Callum Wilkie, the defenders have conceded the least ammount of points of any team heading into the final round of the season.

Battle - His last month, his confidence just seems to have sky rocketed. He's not dropping marks, going third man up and as courageous as they come.

Webster - Scalps in Cameron and Pickett like battle is as tough as they come and is thriving in the role after it looked like his career may be over.

Wilkie - Honestly, I don't need to say anything. For someone who on the face of it should be a state league player he is tremedously discplined, smart and reliable.

Sinclair See above. Our best player bar none.

Stocker - Just bring some penetrating kicking opens up the ground a some real Cee You Next Tuesday. Another ripper pick up who willl only get better.

Cordy - See Batlle, just settles us, played really well on Hawkins.

Nas - As classy as they come, I think his defensive work specificlly his intercepting work is quite underated. Lets hope we can hold onto him for a long career.

Borris Enright needs some credit, it sounds like his impact has been felt far and wide.

1. I am so proud of all of those who have run through the back 6 this year.

Lead by hopefully first time AllAustralian defender Callum Wilkie, the defenders have conceded the least ammount of points of any team heading into the final round of the season.

Battle - His last month, his confidence just seems to have sky rocketed. He's not dropping marks, going third man up and as courageous as they come.

Webster - Scalps in Cameron and Pickett like battle is as tough as they come and is thriving in the role after it looked like his career may be over.

Wilkie - Honestly, I don't need to say anything. For someone who on the face of it should be a state league player he is tremedously discplined, smart and reliable.

Sinclair See above. Our best player bar none.

Stocker - Just bring some penetrating kicking opens up the ground a some real Cee You Next Tuesday. Another ripper pick up who willl only get better.

Cordy - See Batlle, just settles us, played really well on Hawkins.

Nas - As classy as they come, I think his defensive work specificlly his intercepting work is quite underated. Lets hope we can hold onto him for a long career.

Borris Enright needs some credit, it sounds like his impact has been felt far and wide.
    Agree 100% was only thinking how consistent they have been all season and no injuries to speak of

The defence is my favourite part of the team.

Love the way they setup and how well drilled they are. Truly a well oiled machine.

In my eyes we have the best defence in the AFL, not just by scores against but going by the eye test as well. Still improving which is great for us and scary for the rest of the league.

Enright gets lots of love from me. Much respect and i hope we never lose him.

Rewatching the game yesterday I noticed that Stocker clattered heavily into Geelong players on 2-3 occasions, and quite deliberately too. He brings a physical presence down back alongside his long kicking.

Last edited:
Rewatching the game yesterday I noticed that Stocker clattered heavily into Geelong players on 2-3 occasions, and quite deliberately too. He brings a physical presence down back alongside his long kicking.

Yeah, the Cats tried to rough us up and he was the only one that looked like he was keen to hand it back to them.

Marcus Windhager says hello.

He was pivotal in the cats game.
His zoning as a link up out of D50 was absolutely on point.

He has his patterns right. The coaches would be very happy with him.

He's had about a month and a half of excellent footy. I reckon Owens has slowed down a bit or at least stayed even while MW has really stepped up.

He's had about a month and a half of excellent footy. I reckon Owens has slowed down a bit or at least stayed even while MW has really stepped up.

Something with Owens i have noticed lately, he has been surrounded a few times and even though he doesn't always get clean disposal out of the congestion he keeps scrapping and the opposition can't tackle him. I love watching fierce competitors and we may have the best of them all.

The thing I notice about Windhager recently is he looks cleaner in the contest. That is to say, he looks like he’s being more technically proficient and less energiser bunny, if that makes any sense.

Owens is still raw power and explosiveness.

I also feel like Windhager will be the glue that brings all the 2022+ kids closer together.

Something with Owens i have noticed lately, he has been surrounded a few times and even though he doesn't always get clean disposal out of the congestion he keeps scrapping and the opposition can't tackle him. I love watching fierce competitors and we may have the best of them all.

Owens still looks like a future star but he isn't dominating as much as he was. He's moving around a bit more so perhaps just not being settled in a spot. Windy looks slick at the moment. Using the ball well and moving to the right spots. He's not as eye catching as Owens but he's a clean ball user and smart.

Owens still looks like a future star but he isn't dominating as much as he was. He's moving around a bit more so perhaps just not being settled in a spot. Windy looks slick at the moment. Using the ball well and moving to the right spots. He's not as eye catching as Owens but he's a clean ball user and smart.

Yeah for sure to all that. Been a long year for Owens, a second year player, playing in key position posts, giving away size and height.

Windy is thriving not playing the inside mid role. No shame in it as Sheez and Naicos for example have done the same thing behind the ball and killed it. Now Windy is too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back