The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt was in rare form on 360 the other night

Hung s**t on Mike Sheehan for being old about 10 times - each funnier than the last.

Then tried to call Mike for an article he wrote about Riewoldt in 2008. Been holding onto that one for a long time aye

Riewoldt was in rare form on 360 the other night

Hung s**t on Mike Sheehan for being old about 10 times - each funnier than the last.

Then tried to call Mike for an article he wrote about Riewoldt in 2008. Been holding onto that one for a long time aye
I think Mike aced him when he said at the end "Nick, why are you eating cat food on TV? That type of stuff is beneath you".
Rooey said it wasn't real cat food it was tuna.

He missed the point though, it's cringeworthy.

Spot on. Fox now has too many shows that are trying (and failing) to be funny.

Nick Riewoldt is not funny. Brown is not funny and neither is Buckley or Howard of Gaze or Mooney. Just stop.

I watched the Fox telecast of last nights game so that led to the post game with Lyon, Reiwoldt & Brown - shocker, how the Tiges should have won, so I remembered why I no longer watch On The Couch. Dreadful.

First Crack is the only show worth watching. They come up with great topics and have analysis to back it up. Its insightful but entertaining at the same time. Format is good, no fluff and personalities are good. Joey's insight is good and King has some personality, he'll come up with some interesting calls (be it right or wrong). Dunstall is the only other personality worth putting on a show like this.

At its core TV shows are entertainment of some form. First crack is entertaining as the analysis is good as are the topics. Every other show has a stale and boring format, and the personalities are boring

Last edited:
I watched the Fox telecast of last nights game so that led to the post game with Lyon, Reiwoldt & Brown - shocker, how the Tiges should have won, so I remembered why I no longer watch On The Couch. Dreadful.
Last week they explained Essendon form turnaround by saying we’ve done it in previous years in second half of the season and until we can do it first half of season when it counts then shouldn’t take it seriously. Led by Lyon and other two just agreed. No other analysis of last four weeks .

Last week they explained Essendon form turnaround by saying we’ve done it in previous years in second half of the season and until we can do it first half of season when it counts then shouldn’t take it seriously. Led by Lyon and other two just agreed. No other analysis of last four weeks .

Just dialling it in. Should be the motto of the entire network.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just me or does anyone think Huddo was a way better caller when he was at 10? I love hearing him on old 10 games but now I can’t stand him

Just me or does anyone think Huddo was a way better caller when he was at 10? I love hearing him on old 10 games but now I can’t stand him
Hes so dead set on making sure his voice is the one thats heard in any "moment" it takes away from any commentary he does. There's a few in this basket but hes a shocker for it

So focused on their OTT sound bite and hyperbole they forget what their job is

They need more people that are fanatical about footy(like kingy)instead we are getting try hard entertainers that don't watch many games with their skinny jeans and hand waving gestures.

To be fair to the actors (skinny jeans etc.), someone is writing their lines, doing the wardrobe & choreography.
The director is busier than their counterpart looking after Joe Biden, who still travels.

I've got more problems picking apart the 22 that role (sic) out for the Eagles than to see through the TV coverage on Fox or 7.

Hes so dead set on making sure his voice is the one thats heard in any "moment" it takes away from any commentary he does. There's a few in this basket but hes a shocker for it

So focused on their OTT sound bite and hyperbole they forget what their job is

He's doing what he is told to do.

Agree with Huddo trying to get that 'killer' phrase in when there's a big moment.

IMO - big misses include: Bris v Geel - "Miracle on grass", this year's Showdown when Dawson kicked the winner at the Adelaide Oval etc.

Tries too hard with what sounds like prepared phrases - doesn't let the moment 'breathe' of its own accord, allowing the crowd to fill the audio.

I think the, "I see it, but I don't believe it" from 2005 went to his head considering how well it was received (and rightly so).

Also when he said something like, "BLOW THE BLOODY SIREN!" in the moments before full-time in a close one, sounded absolutely natural and was brilliant for the moment.

Why the * am I watching Bernie Vince commentate Tik Toks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back