Universal Love The Drugs Are Bad Mackay? approved Australian cricketers are cheats Discussion Thread

Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Cricket will be the real winner

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've stated i've hardly seen a cricket ball bowled in at least 12 years ......gotta say, i've got into this Test Series & thoroughly enjoyed the contest ....but most importantly, it really looks like this team IS playing for it's Country, with the way they're applying themselves

If Australia continues like this, they'll have me back permanently

I've stated i've hardly seen a cricket ball bowled in at least 12 years ......gotta say, i've got into this Test Series & thoroughly enjoyed the contest ....but most importantly, it really looks like this team IS playing for it's Country, with the way they're applying themselves

If Australia continues like this, they'll have me back permanently
Good to have you back.

The series against the South Africans on the own deck with 4 quality quicks & spinner will be a better test to see where we are at.

Fortunately we have played all batsman into form, except Bancroft who should be replaced by Burns... & we have a balanced bowling line-up too.

Listening to the Triple M Ashes commentary, can we now lay this nonsense that women can’t commentate men’s sport to rest.

I could listen to Isa Guha commentate all day.

The whole Triple M team has mostly been fantastic. Brayshaw is in his element commentating cricket. O’Keefe is the best story teller in the game. Botham has been class. The BBL team (Waugh, Gilchrist, etc) are very good. Love the BBL commentary in general.

Only downers have been Worland. Hell, even Brett Lee has been interesting.

Puts channel 9’s team to shame.

And hopefully gives 7 some ideas about jazzing up their AFL line up.

She's definetly knowledgeable but also weighs into the fun stuff, like her.

That was clearly Paine's catch. There have been a few catches this season that he hasn't gone for and have been missed between him and 1st slip.
You don't get 2nd chances when playing South Africa or India. Not up to test standard IMO

That was clearly Paine's catch. There have been a few catches this season that he hasn't gone for and have been missed between him and 1st slip.
You don't get 2nd chances when playing South Africa or India. Not up to test standard IMO
Disagree it was Smarsh's catch and he ballsed it. Paine is the 2nd best keeper in the country, it's a mystery as to why Tasmania don't keep him in front of Wade.

Disagree it was Smarsh's catch and he ballsed it. Paine is the 2nd best keeper in the country, it's a mystery as to why Tasmania don't keep him in front of Wade.
Imo, there is too much of a gap between the keeper & 1st slip... & should have been Marsh' catch.

Probably hasn't helped we have had a rotation of 1st slippers (Handscomb, M Marsh & now S Marsh) & S Marsh's reflexes little slower after a long innings in the heat.

Fortunately Lyon made sure it wasn't costly.

SMarsh had his hand on the ball without needing to dive. The ball was his to grab but he was too slow to react.

Listening to the Triple M Ashes commentary, can we now lay this nonsense that women can’t commentate men’s sport to rest.

The whole Triple M team has mostly been fantastic. Brayshaw is in his element commentating cricket. O’Keefe is the best story teller in the game. Botham has been class. The BBL team (Waugh, Gilchrist, etc) are very good. Love the BBL commentary in general.

I listened to nearly the whole Boxing Day test two weeks ago on MMM. Sweating my ring out in the Cairns sun building a deck. I don’t know who this “Ish” sheila is but she held her own. I liked the non stop anecdotes and funny little stories. It was like being at the pub listening to war stories. Just my cup of tea ☕️.

I listened to nearly the whole Boxing Day test two weeks ago on MMM. Sweating my ring out in the Cairns sun building a deck. I don’t know who this “Ish” sheila is but she held her own. I liked the non stop anecdotes and funny little stories. It was like being at the pub listening to war stories. Just my cup of tea ☕️.
She is an English fast bowler who has been working in the media for 5 years.

Agree that she is very listenable.

She's definetly knowledgeable but also weighs into the fun stuff, like her.

Realistically though if a bloke regails us with a story about Tim May laying down in the road to get a lift and ends up in a cop car it’s funny. But if a woman tells us of her story like that, it would have a different less funny more dangerous feel and would be best not shared with the wider public. IMHO and I’m happy for it to be that way. Ish did say she woke up in a closed pub when she fell asleep on the bog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SMarsh had his hand on the ball without needing to dive. The ball was his to grab but he was too slow to react.
The rule (when I played and have heard Healy talk about it too) was the keeper takes everything he can reach, including everything between the keep and 1st slip. If he can reach it, the keeper goes for it. A slip shouldn't take anything to his LHS (for a RH bat).

It's also up to the keeper to be in charge of the positioning of slips, both width and depth from the stumps

I think too much was made of the Kellie Underwood debacle. She's an absolute star when it comes to her knowledge and general commentary on AFL and most other sports. It was just that her nasally tones were as irritating as s**t when calling play by play.

The rule (when I played and have heard Healy talk about it too) was the keeper takes everything he can reach, including everything between the keep and 1st slip. If he can reach it, the keeper goes for it. A slip shouldn't take anything to his LHS (for a RH bat).

It's also up to the keeper to be in charge of the positioning of slips, both width and depth from the stumps
Agreed. The keeper has the big mitts on, and they're responsible for everything between themselves & 1st slip.

Paine missed an even worse one in the Melbourne test. Very similar, except that the gap to 1st slip was smaller, and the ball was closer to Paine. It was barely 1m away from him, and he didn't even flinch.

Paine has done a really good job of keeping to Lyon, but his keeping to the quicks is very hit & miss. This is the 2nd time in as many games where a catch has gone begging because he didn't even try to go for it. Not good enough at this level.

I think too much was made of the Kellie Underwood debacle. She's an absolute star when it comes to her knowledge and general commentary on AFL and most other sports. It was just that her nasally tones were as irritating as s**t when calling play by play.
Agreed... she knows her stuff and is good at communicating it. But that voice... :eek:

Realistically though if a bloke regails us with a story about Tim May laying down in the road to get a lift and ends up in a cop car it’s funny. But if a woman tells us of her story like that, it would have a different less funny more dangerous feel and would be best not shared with the wider public. IMHO and I’m happy for it to be that way. Ish did say she woke up in a closed pub when she fell asleep on the bog
It’s when the women try to be blokes that it doesn’t work. That’s why Maddern on the Footy Show has been a shocker. She’s so keen to be one of the boys and any interactions with her are so forced

And hopefully gives 7 some ideas about jazzing up their AFL line up.[/QUOTE]

I listen to the Macquarie on 5AA mainly because I can't stand the ABC and there is a Pommie female on there that sounds like finger nails scratching down a blackboard. They have been very good with the exception of the overdose of commercials. But with my old hero Ian Chappell and the Ocker sound of Bruce Eva and Tim Lane (who I've always enjoyed with the ABC).

I might listen tomorrow.

Agreed... she knows her stuff and is good at communicating it. But that voice... :eek:
So she is a couple of steps ahead of Ian Healy in the cricket at least! His terrible voice is the least of his problems as a commentator

Paine didn't need to dive either but he hardly even looked that way. One step and he would have taken it without any trouble.

He has the mits for a reason

Back