Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys i guess given the week and o'meara being out you would like some good news.

Young langers and brereton were seen training down at the club today. Mostly doing some stoppage work
How cool is this!
I guess once you have played kick to kick with some club champions you would be welcome to come & do it again after a while ;)
Fingers crossed these two pay off

chill_1570968c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brereton kicked two for Sandy on the weekend. At this stage is looking more like a rookie pick but according to experts is progressing better than expected and showing some impressive signs. Has very good hands and kicks the ball well.

Surely if Ben Jarman can get a rookie spot then Devlin is half a shot.
Jarmans problem was his lack of pace, which doesn't appear to be a problem for Devlin.
Looks like he has some decent guns on him also

Is the rookie list going to be around much longer?
There was talk of allowing rookies to play this year without needing elevation as part of phasing it out over the next two years but until we see the new CBA your guess is as good as mine

Heard today on SEN, Jamie Langford is the captain for his Xavier College Side.

Anyone know how his going??
A poster who is related to the Langford boys stated on this thread earlier that James is far and away the pick of the litter, a very very good footballer. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the club has quietly asked to concentrate on school footy and stay off the radar of TAC scouts. Having said that I've never seen him play nor have a read any reports so hopefully someone here can help out as we are due some luck with the Father Sons!

Wrighty is not afraid to overlook a father son if he doesn't think they are up to it - think Tom Curran (son of Peter) who ended up at North but unfortunately succumb to injury and Harry Dear (son of Paul) who is currently on the Crows list.

Harry played FF for our reserves last weekend. Kicked 3.7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back