Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

Ah.. but (playing devil's advocate) if a full back or any defender for that matter blankets their man but offers zero rebound or attacking drive, do they qualify for 'champion' status in the modern game? Probably not.

I like Finn, but I don't like how he can pull our side out of shape when the opposition shift the taggee around. And quite a few times Sam has shifted him around also, releasing the tag because as good a job as he's doing, it's not helping us win.

That's not necessarily Finn's fault, but it's a problem when he can't impact a game in any way aside from tagging (and sometimes even that doesn't impact the game enough).

Hopefully he can develop more ways to impact.
No arguments from me that Finn needs to become a more dangerous player, but Sam Taylor is the best pure full back I've seen since Rance at his peak and he offers next to no rebound. Intercepts well, but disposing of the footy he averages less than 10m gained per disposal.

Ah.. but (playing devil's advocate) if a full back or any defender for that matter blankets their man but offers zero rebound or attacking drive, do they qualify for 'champion' status in the modern game? Probably not.

I like Finn, but I don't like how he can pull our side out of shape when the opposition shift the taggee around. And quite a few times Sam has shifted him around also, releasing the tag because as good a job as he's doing, it's not helping us win.

That's not necessarily Finn's fault, but it's a problem when he can't impact a game in any way aside from tagging (and sometimes even that doesn't impact the game enough).

Given Finn's opponents will always be doing their best to put distance between themselves and him I think there's a clear opportunity for him to get out the back on a turnover. Just needs to work on reading the play to predict when he should be breaking on a forward run and ensuring he makes the best of the opportunities that come.

A 20-30 goal a year tagger would be something special.

If a bloke keeps Hudson goalless (happened 4 times) he'd be one of his team's best players. There would be no requirement for him to do anything but negate Hudson.

Yes - in his team's best players for that game undoubtedly. But that one game doesn't necessarily equate to career 'champion' status, which was the discussion/context. Besides, I did say 'in the modern game'.

Dawson had some good games against Buddy. Does that make him a champion of the game?

It's a silly discussion really. Especially in this thread.

An incredible achievement for Calsher to even make it to this point after what he's been through. I can't wait to hear his name called.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

It’s all very romantic. His mother, who is an absolute treasure would be so happy to see him at the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m Sam Mitchell.

Sure you are I’m sure Sam would act a lot more professional then you do sometimes.

But that aside in all seriousness do you as you seem to know alot more about the club then a average mod would know about the club on a football forum I would think.

Last edited:
Sure you are I’m sure Sam would act a lot more professional then you do sometimes.

But that aside in all seriousness do you as you seem to know alot more about the club then a average mod would know about the club on a football forum I think.
IMG_4383.png

But that aside in all seriousness do you as you seem to know alot more about the club then a average mod would know about the club on a football forum I would think.
Would lend more credibility to the Tom Mitchell tell all…😂

Yep everyone is

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back