Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

Having a tan adds 5kg of muscle and removes 5kg of fat, and boy does Finn have a hell of a tan. Lucky fella.

I’m lucky enough to go that colour with even the slightest hit of sun - regrettably the sun doesn’t chisel me out of granite like Finn appears to be.

Looking at the evolution of elder bro Finn, I am hoping Ned puts in the work over next yr and nominates for FS in 2024.

Butler leading is a great sign, but depends how long into the run they were.
Also no way he is getting lapped here by Finn when the tall players are not far behind.

Butler leading is a great sign, but depends how long into the run they were.
Also no way he is getting lapped here by Finn when the tall players are not far behind.
There are more pics on the club's FB post.

Weddle would have learnt his lesson not to be in same frame as Finn
399590600_718752016947282_1038048496255539661_n.jpg

Maybe Butler was trying to set pace earlier

399522710_718752073613943_8953952195879765392_n.jpg

the lean & fit boys

399299163_718751980280619_3937126644615510690_n.jpg

Wardy aiming for a PB
399571712_718752043613946_3802765955535648011_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not officially on the list so until that happens he can't train with us in any official capacity.

There are times where players not on an AFL list can train with a club but players have to be granted permission from the AFL first and I believe it's only during certain periods of the year which I believe now isn't one of them.

I’ll wait till Finn plays his 200th game then.
Feeding the troll?

Of course a great tagger is equally a champion. If the opposition's best player is completely negated, that tagger is worth that best player's input. If he does it week in week out, he is one of the best players in the league.

Feeding the troll?

Of course a great tagger is equally a champion. If the opposition's best player is completely negated, that tagger is worth that best player's input. If he does it week in week out, he is one of the best players in the league.
It's a weird position that some take re: taggers.

"All they do is negate their opponent etc..."

What, like a Full Back does?

Can a Full Back be a champion for negating Full Forwards? Sweet, then so can taggers for negating midfielders.

Ah.. but (playing devil's advocate) if a full back or any defender for that matter blankets their man but offers zero rebound or attacking drive, do they qualify for 'champion' status in the modern game? Probably not.

I like Finn, but I don't like how he can pull our side out of shape when the opposition shift the taggee around. And quite a few times Sam has shifted him around also, releasing the tag because as good a job as he's doing, it's not helping us win.

That's not necessarily Finn's fault, but it's a problem when he can't impact a game in any way aside from tagging (and sometimes even that doesn't impact the game enough).

Hopefully he can develop more ways to impact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back