The Final 6 (The Next Five part 2 (The Next Four part 3))

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is realistically beating the Tigers at the MCG this year? I think its going to be another 2015 where we were a chance but there was a team that was just light years ahead.

With the potential rules changes, abysmal scheduling of games and the VFL ensuring GF at the MCG for the next few decades I'm really starting to lose interest in the game which is something I thought I would never say.

See that's the thing - I think if we can get there then we'll give it a red hot shake. Our playstyle seems to be the scissors to Richmond's paper. I would be confident that we can make it a contest.

Just announced that we play on Sunday in round 23. Could be a huge advantage playing after port, pies, swans, cats etc, so we can know the equation in terms of percentage.
Fantastic

Just announced that we play on Sunday in round 23. Could be a huge advantage playing after port, pies, swans, cats etc, so we can know the equation in terms of percentage.
GWS/Melb game could also affect top 4, but definitely good for us to be on the Sunday.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh geez.

Can see Port beating Essendon and taking 2nd spot off us Fri night.

Then being nervous as **** the rest of the weekend as we go to 5th and having to beat Brissy.

Win and were 2nd
Lose and were 5th

Type scenario

Its in our hands now to win our next 3 so the last round we're locked into 2nd

Who is realistically beating the Tigers at the MCG this year? I think its going to be another 2015 where we were a chance but there was a team that was just light years ahead.

With the potential rules changes, abysmal scheduling of games and the VFL ensuring GF at the MCG for the next few decades I'm really starting to lose interest in the game which is something I thought I would never say.
Yep shes cooked. Im just here for the lols and melts. Mostly Supercoach though.
If they actually bring out 6/6/6 zones I'll stop watching. Might watch our games if they're on telly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep shes cooked. Im just here for the lols and melts. Mostly Supercoach though.
If they actually bring out 6/6/6 zones I'll stop watching. Might watch our games if they're on telly.

The game has turned into farce and even if we make the GF we will always have to be 10-15% than a Melb based opposition. Its a rigged game. And if they ever bring any of these bullshit zoning rules I'll slowly melt away and forget about this game.

The game has turned into farce and even if we make the GF we will always have to be 10-15% than a Melb based opposition. Its a rigged game. And if they ever bring any of these bullshit zoning rules I'll slowly melt away and forget about this game.
3 times an interstate team has beaten a Victorian team in the GF in the last 21 years .
Yet Richmond who just won it have played at the G 12 times already and only left the state 4 times in 21 weeks

Sobering numbers

Money or not its a rigged comp until they lose numbers and desperately even up the fixture in a bid to bring back interstate fans.
We should only play one Sydney side, one Adelaide side and one Queensland side a year. Dorkers twice then another 10 games at home. Plus the bye. That leaves 7 games to Melbourne. 6 should be at the G.

If Collingwood have never played North Melbourne in Hobart then why have we when its 121349234239 times the travel...

3 times an interstate team has beaten a Victorian team in the GF in the last 21 years .
Yet Richmond who just won it have played at the G 12 times already and only left the state 4 times in 21 weeks

Sobering numbers

Money or not its a rigged comp until they lose numbers and desperately even up the fixture in a bid to bring back interstate fans.
We should only play one Sydney side, one Adelaide side and one Queensland side a year. Dorkers twice then another 10 games at home. Plus the bye. That leaves 7 games to Melbourne. 6 should be at the G.

If Collingwood have never played North Melbourne in Hobart then why have we when its 121349234239 times the travel...
Regarding your Collingwood question, It is simple, Money talks, numbers talk. If we want to win a flag we have to be an elite team, simple as that. Fixtures will never be in our favour.More Victorian teams in AFL, more Victorian teams with 60K plus members.More $$$ TV wise, sponsor wise. Collingwood is a powerhouse amongst already strong vic teams, so of course they wont play in TAS or Darwin. With their squad getting better, they will have MCG games locked for few seasons to come.

Regarding your Collingwood question, It is simple, Money talks, numbers talk. If we want to win a flag we have to be an elite team, simple as that. Fixtures will never be in our favour.More Victorian teams in AFL, more Victorian teams with 60K plus members.More $$$ TV wise, sponsor wise. Collingwood is a powerhouse amongst already strong vic teams, so of course they wont play in TAS or Darwin. With their squad getting better, they will have MCG games locked for few seasons to come.
I realise this mate. Its exactly why we have a problem

Well the only thing to do is to vote with your wallet. Don't subscribe to foxtel or cancel and tell them you no longer follow AFL as the reason you cancelled.

More importantly, get along to some WAFL games. Support footy but not the AFL.

Anything else is just static. All the AFL cares about is cash and ratings.

Yeah Im not a member anymore. Been to 1 game in 2 years (The Shuey final ) and got rid of Fox.

Check scores online.

Ive really gone off it. It used to be everything to me now if we lose or win its just "meh or yay"

I feel like as a non vic supporter you have to try a lot harder and put up with a lot more s**t to enjoy the game... the media feels vic biased... the fixture always is s**t... there has been like 3 eagles games live on free to air in SA this year... but its all good to have replays of house rules and s**t at the same time on 3 different channel 7 stations... dont get it.

I hope we win the flag but not the end of the world if we dont.

GWS have Adelaide and Sydney at home then Melbourne away. They should win the first 2 while the last is 50-50 as with my ladder predictor I have Melbourne winning that and finishing 4th, losing it and finishing 8th. Hopefully Melbourne beat them in that final game which would mean WC only need 2 wins from last 4 to finish 2nd

So now what?

I have us losing to Port but beating Brisbane. If we beat Melbourne in the middle, we finish second and likely host GWS in week one - but hopefully Collingwood. That shapes as the best-case scenario.

If we lose to Melbourne in the middle, we finish third and could face GWS on the road in week one, or maybe Melbourne at the MCG depending on who wins between Melbourne and GWS in the the last round.

I have to say, I'm not sure what chance we really have given Gaff has likely played his last game. This season has just gone to s**t after we completed The Decima.

This season has been too much. Massive winning streak. Loads and loads injuries to key players. Nic goes down. Big win on the G. Gov commits. Mitchell walks. Gaff does something we'd never think he was capable of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back