Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kornes begging for callers to ring in !
Crows fans “very quiet”.

You sound surprised Kornes - nobody listens to your garbage anymore

I’m only listening coz I’m in the car with husband who spends every night from 6-7 in fits of laughter !
He literally calls it the comedy hour
Either does Lucy.

Old Kano might want to move to Melbourne. Being attached to Croc of s**t media might be a career death sentence here in Adelaide.
Might have to go back to being a 5 minute fireman.

Going of limited contract with Hass, he comes across as a Person willing to listen and learn his communication skill set while not perfect is good.
With Burton in order for him to progress/improve he need a steep learning curve in communication skills, The times I have spoken to him he comes across as I, not we.
When I say communication skill I mean in a Management sense. A good manager knows how to get the best out of his people and more importantly make his people happy to work for him.

My beef with Burton is his lack of skills in this area. and can he or is he willing to improve,

My beef with Burton and By extension AFC is why in the name of all that's fxxxxn reasonable would you give the senior football department management job to an unproven, once failed, person. Notice I use the term 'management'. It is not about personal football skills, it is about management! Are we such a benevolent organisation that we can give jobs to any struggling past-player and also provide 'on the job training' ? Burton has all and sundry reporting to him, including the Head Coach Pyke ? A 'learning on the job' Burton is managing Pyke ? I can appreciate the structural set up for this in a Football Department but Burtons appointment just smacks to me of dumbing down the position just to slot Him in someplace.
There is no indication that Burton has won the job on merit or experience. There is every indication he is out of his depth and that the probable lack of acceptance/respect by others for his situation, is showing in the club.

My beef with Burton and By extension AFC is why in the name of all that's fxxxxn reasonable would you give the senior football department management job to an unproven, once failed, person. Notice I use the term 'management'. It is not about personal football skills, it is about management! Are we such a benevolent organisation that we can give jobs to any struggling past-player and also provide 'on the job training' ? Burton has all and sundry reporting to him, including the Head Coach Pyke ? A 'learning on the job' Burton is managing Pyke ? I can appreciate the structural set up for this in a Football Department but Burtons appointment just smacks to me of dumbing down the position just to slot Him in someplace.
There is no indication that Burton has won the job on merit or experience. There is every indication he is out of his depth and that the probable lack of acceptance/respect by others for his situation, is showing in the club.

The only problem currently facing the Crows, and I am only going on personal experience here. Once an organization selects a person for a senior management role, rightly or wrongly, you don't look at there faults and complain as it can lead to other problems and never fixes the issue at hand. What you should do is find their faults and work with them to assist them in improving, all the time expecting a certain level of improvement. You give them a timeline for that expected level of improvement. and you talk to them weekly /monthly. ie constant reviews.

Before you jump. Burton has already been Hired and Placed in the role of the football manager. it impossible to go back and change. Leaving them with a few choices. sack him, and send a message to the rest of the organization that mistake are not welcome and you will be sacked. OR (And you are not doing this for the person you are doing it for the organization) You work with them train them to a higher standard a higher level of expectation, this way you are letting other Managers working in the system, and importantly future replacements or managers, that they can make mistakes and can learn. at the same time letting the workforce know they can grow and make some mistakes along the way, you are building loyalty building a culture. Also, helps when recruiting the best.

Also, It Needs to Remember some mistakes cannot be forgiven, and need to be dealt with thru removal. However not been privy to the working of the club it hard to make that decision. And until I am presented with actual Facts, not rumours or very good stories. I will hold fire.

Football supporter in me says Sack him, the Consultant/Manager in me says wait and learn the wrong desicion can cause more damage than good. Organizations don't become world best thru sacking,

and send a message to the rest of the organization that mistake are not welcome and you will be sacked. OR (And you are not doing this for the person you are doing it for the organization) You work with them train them to a higher standard a higher level of expectation, this way you are letting other Managers working in the system, and importantly future replacements or managers, that they can make mistakes and can learn. at the same time letting the workforce know they can grow and make some mistakes along the way, you are building loyalty building a culture. Also, helps when recruiting the best.
It is a fine balancing act.

As you say a lot of mistakes were made in the initial action. The recognition of ability should have been made at the starting point. Then a mentor should have been appointed or allocated. Easy to say with hindsight but a lot of people said it at the start.

One way to manage the problem is to move the people/person who made the hiring. Because they should have that senior management experience to monitor the pitfalls.

It is a fine balancing act.

As you say a lot of mistakes were made in the initial action. The recognition of ability should have been made at the starting point. Then a mentor should have been appointed or allocated. Easy to say with hindsight but a lot of people said it at the start.

One way to manage the problem is to move the people/person who made the hiring. Because they should have that senior management experience to monitor the pitfalls.

A lot of people outside the inner working of the organization were saying that yes,
Same as a lot were saying Noble was not the right man at the start. a lot even criticise Noble for doing Harvard courses.

With Burton Yes I believe he was wrong for the Football manager role, no experience, and his management skill set was not there. So he needed a mentor, did he get one, I don't know, but I would be interested to see if Harper has been appointed to mentor as he did take on some of the roles. or whether they bring in Smart from the top deck to look in but Smart had his hands full early in the year on other areas.

As for hiring, we forget the Club was caught out with losing Noble I believe a lot of time and effort was put into him, And at the time there was not much around talent and willingness available in the time needed. The Club may not say it but the way the AFL treated the Crows in that was deplorable.
So they (my View only) panicked and went for Burton offering him 2 years, to get up to speed. Even gave Harper some of the role to help him, Maybe that was a mistake because it gave Burton too much time to interfere.

But that is the Pass and does not help fix today.
Because either way we look at it Burton in the role today so How do we make the best of this situation. Sack or Train. going on what the did with Noble I reckon they will attempt to improve his skill set.

Over the years I have noticed Ruutchi is quite supportive of ports coaches......until they begin to waver and show desperation and cannot deliver on the creed or the never give up mantra and other propaganda slogans and publicity smoke. I noticed in one of his recent efforts Rutchi beginning to undermine the adulation of Hinkley. It has begun.

Maybe he should also knife poking Koch............but wait, doesn't Koch have some sort of media standing ? ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh God
Now it’s talking itself again

Horrendous commentator

With Polec coming out and saying that
1. Port never came to the party with a deal that made staying an option.
2 That he didnt expect them to match the NM offer but just bridge the gap, and
3. even more importantly that they delayed contract talks when he was happy to talk early but they wanted to see how his foot progressed etc and this made him disappointed that he didnt feel they had faith in him...

I cant wait for Cornes to go to town on them like he did with us and Jake Lever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back