The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s why Gladys resigned, because there was no issue.

Might be another case of conservative victim syndrome.

Resigned from Parliament. Is Lidia resigning from Parliament or is she dropping back to only getting $200k a year + Committee allowances ?

The holier than thou thing seems to disappear when the spotlight is on themselves.

Abusing Aboriginal elders wasnt enough. Shagging a bikie boss while on a committee investigating bikie crimes wasnt enough.

She is quite the untouchable.

Resigned from Parliament. Is Lidia resigning from Parliament or is she dropping back to only getting $200k a year + Committee allowances ?

The holier than thou thing seems to disappear when the spotlight is on themselves.

Abusing Aboriginal elders wasnt enough. Shagging a bikie boss while on a committee investigating bikie crimes wasnt enough.

That’s funny. MSM aren’t protecting her, as they did with Gladys.

Clearly Lidia has more fortitude than your conservative pin up girls.

Both points about Thorpe are exaggerated.

I feel like the punishment fits the crime. As I stated earlier. She's got a choice to make where she can be a legislator in Federal parliament or she can have relationships with criminals. She can't do both. Even if she'd disclosed it, it's still not good enough.

Both points about Thorpe are exaggerated.

I feel like the punishment fits the crime. As I stated earlier. She's got a choice to make where she can be a legislator in Federal parliament or she can have relationships with criminals. She can't do both. Even if she'd disclosed it, it's still not good enough.
For me if it was disclosed and then some non political assessment was “no it’s ok” then for me she has no case to answer. Given that she didn’t the punishment is appropriate. With gladys there was a clearer connection with the boyfriend getting benefits for his seat; we don’t have anything to say that dean Martin got a benefit.

For me if it was disclosed and then some non political assessment was “no it’s ok” then for me she has no case to answer. Given that she didn’t the punishment is appropriate. With gladys there was a clearer connection with the boyfriend getting benefits for his seat; we don’t have anything to say that dean Martin got a benefit.
Oh, there'd certainly be no case to answer or demotion. But you can't take somebody seriously as a potential leader of the country if they're dating bikie bosses.

Maybe Jake King can be the next Richmond CEO, he runs a good tattoo parlour or several.

Are they? Give some examples.
Thorburn is chairman of City on a Hill, a church that condemns homosexuality and is staunchly anti-abortion.
What the hell were Essendon thinking?
The AFL is really starting to stink.

Edit: He has now resigned

We already have beciommeedd a stupid irrational no brained nation View attachment 1529744

Plain and simply his leadership roles conflicted. His church hates gays, his club accepts gays. How could he even go to church after spending a day at work breathing in the same air and god forbid speaking to the gays.

Before you go ballistic get it into your brain that we are talking about LEADERSHIP roles and not standard pleb roles.

Absolutely stiff, but at least it’s just stepping down as deputy leader and she hasn’t lost her job.

Half of the Liberals should be in jail but aren’t so unfortunately Parliamentary standards are non existent. Hilarious to see the outraged RWNJ’s come out and have a cry, mainly to cover the fact that they got the country in a Trillion dollars of debt and have taken zero responsibility over it.

I think Dutton has overated Bikies as an organised crime group.
They mainly sit around drinking beer and share 'brotherhood' for men with for a sense of family.
Sure they probably sell speed and pills but they're not like the Mafia or Carl Williams types.
It's not as if members are all millionaires.

An ex-president ,no longer in the gang.
Sussanne Ley, who said Thorpe is not fit to sit in parliament came to Ausatralia as a teenager, resigned from ministry in 2017 due to travel rorts scam,
March 2022, Ley successfully appealed a Federal Court ruling that she had a "duty of care to children to consider climate change harm when approving coal mines,

Guilty of hiding a document that was handed to the coalition government in December 2021, ahead of the 2022 Australian federal election re massive environmental decline.
Lied by saying 'And no one in the world is making an electric ute, by the way, and even if they were it would be unaffordable.'
So who is not fit to sit in parliament?

Can someone explain to me the difference between Black and Blak other than the obvious one being spelt correctly and the other one not?
One is a colour, the other is a term that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have adopted to identify themselves as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And just so that others can be aware of Tanya Plibersek's partners drug trafficking background, here is a link (possibly not the most reputable source) for comparison

According to this, the jail term was in 1986
Tanya and Michael got married in 2000
There is a fair bit of difference to the Lidia Thorpe and Dean Martin perception of conflict of interest. Now if Michael had been say sentenced in 1997, and they got married in 2000, and Tania was involved with something to do with monitoring jail management/ illicit drug regulation, I would also call on her to excuse herself from the proceedings for the same perception of conflict of interest.
Ok so again I have no issue with him having been in jail and now being a public servant.
People get excluded from way too many useful positions based on past criminal convictions.

I'm saying that not everyone is given the same change to rehab their reputation or atone or make good etc

Someone who was involved in trafficking heroin and spent time in jail is now making $600k as the top public servant in NSW.

Someone who hasn't been convicted of anything isn't even being given the benefit of the doubt that they aren't still a bikie and knowing them is impacting the career of another politician.

FYI politicians have massive conflicts of interest on a daily basis that get ignored.

Way, way worse s**t has happened with way less public scrutiny and consequence and the main difference here is we've got an outspoken black woman that doesn't go easy on the colony with a lot of people lining up to get their shot in.

The response is disproportionate to the actions, but it always is with Lidia because the racists always get on board and go to town, media included

If we were to preclude people with a questionable history around addiction from positions of power we'd have anarchy.
we do, just not equally like most things

Ok so again I have no issue with him having been in jail and now being a public servant.
People get excluded from way too many useful positions based on past criminal convictions.

I'm saying that not everyone is given the same change to rehab their reputation or atone or make good etc

Someone who was involved in trafficking heroin and spent time in jail is now making $600k as the top public servant in NSW.

Someone who hasn't been convicted of anything isn't even being given the benefit of the doubt that they aren't still a bikie and knowing them is impacting the career of another politician.

FYI politicians have massive conflicts of interest on a daily basis that get ignored.

Way, way worse s**t has happened with way less public scrutiny and consequence and the main difference here is we've got an outspoken black woman that doesn't go easy on the colony with a lot of people lining up to get their shot in.

The response is disproportionate to the actions, but it always is with Lidia because the racists always get on board and go to town, media included
I don’t think this way of thinking “victimised because she is an outspoken black woman” is going to have any influence and it’s certainly not the only reason. She made a mistake and she is owning the mistake. Unlike yourself who seems to be trying to excuse it at every turn just because you like her.

I don’t think this way of thinking “victimised because she is an outspoken black woman” is going to have any influence and it’s certainly not the only reason. She made a mistake and she is owning the mistake. Unlike yourself who seems to be trying to excuse it at every turn just because you like her.
i didn't say victiminsed I said that the response to Lidia is never proportionate to her actions and that is because of the racism in this country and how outspoken she is about issues related to racism.

The flood of desperate excuses and deflection has been a great read.
You have to be able to call a spade a spade. The mental gymnastics some people will go through to defend someone who aligns with them politically are absurd lol

For 25 years of his life, he wore a patch which says Rebels Forever, Forever Rebels (probably has a tattoo which says the same). And now, 2 years hence, we're supposed to believe he's just a normal, everyday citizen? He led a criminal organisation, why are you trying to downplay that?

It's got nothing to do with Thorpe's identity at all. I think it's pretty telling that people try to attach that victimhood in this case which is actually very clear-cut. If even the Greens think there's no identity politics going on, then it's pretty safe to assume that's correct.

Unless you've got a problem with Adam Bandt victimising Thorpe, since he asked for her resignation?

i didn't say victiminsed I said that the response to Lidia is never proportionate to her actions and that is because of the racism in this country and how outspoken she is about issues related to racism.
I think the political party response has been proportionate.
No dispute about the media and some other posters response being disproportionate either.

The Libs will be screaming about it, but they scream about everything and anything to distract from the fact they've got nothing productive to say.

Do you think they wouldn't be screaming so loud if Katy Gallagher was dating a recent criminal organisation leader?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back