Scape Goat The Lid: Where is it at?

Is the lid off?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I said previously, my goats ate my lid. I ordered another one on Temu but it hasn’t arrived yet
lid GIF

That goes without saying. When we beat a team its the same old run out. I don't read them anymore, they've been bleating about the same thing ever since we picked out first academy player. We've had like 5k kids go through the academy and we don't even have enough players in NSW to get more than a couple picked each year if we are very very lucky.

They weren't moaning about us picking up our two in last years draft. Why? Because the best we could produce didn't fit their agenda.

That goes without saying. When we beat a team its the same old run out. I don't read them anymore, they've been bleating about the same thing ever since we picked out first academy player. We've had like 5k kids go through the academy and we don't even have enough players in NSW to get more than a couple picked each year if we are very very lucky.

They weren't moaning about us picking up our two in last years draft. Why? Because the best we could produce didn't fit their agenda.

Genuine discussion is mostly off the table as well either by being obtuse or deliberate they fail to see any disadvantages we and other clubs outside of Victoria face.

Right now my main reason for optimism is who is challenging?

Cats I still think are not going to stay in the top 4, but probably get there now, they are tough of course.

Pies arguably too far back almost and not quite there.

Essendon aren't ready.

Carlton- think they are missing a few for the year who help, they have those forwards and are a big threat, but also don't put sides away.

Port- flakes in September as we have been at times

GWS- Were a big worry but still yet to beat a top 8 side

Demons- on their day sure, prefer not to play them as an MCG team because their best is good, but I think they have internal issues and we cover them well,

Who else is there? no one imo
Playing Collingwood at the G on Grand Final day would absolutely suck. Outside of that, there's not much to fear at the moment.

it disturbs me to see the swans ranked on the same level as essendon for anything

essendon fans, surely the most delusional of any in the league, start most seasons with their lid well and truly off, if they even have a lid ... indeed, essendon are "the lidless"

Sorry to intrude but just to add, 99% of Bombers supporters are in no way thinking of any lid being off. People were predicting us to be 1-6 to start the season and to fight for the bottom 2. We're well aware of what we're coming from. The vast majority of us have just been wanting to see effort, regardless of a win or loss. We can't control the AFL media.

If you want to talk about the most unjustifiably arrogant supporters look no further than Saints or Carlton fans.

Sorry to intrude but just to add, 99% of Bombers supporters are in no way thinking of any lid being off. People were predicting us to be 1-6 to start the season and to fight for the bottom 2. We're well aware of what we're coming from. The vast majority of us have just been wanting to see effort, regardless of a win or loss. We can't control the AFL media.

If you want to talk about the most unjustifiably arrogant supporters look no further than Saints or Carlton fans.

yeah, i get what you're saying in the context of the recent past ...and i don't mean to be rude ... but i remember back to when essendon fans were talking up the likes of jason winderlich as the club's next premiership stars

The Bombers are a statistical anomaly right now. They've beaten one team inside the 8 (GWS, whose wheels have fallen off) and a bunch of other bottom 8 sides. They are a mid team with ordinary percentage. The lid's off because they're the Bombers.

The Bombers are a statistical anomaly right now. They've beaten one team inside the 8 (GWS, whose wheels have fallen off) and a bunch of other bottom 8 sides. They are a mid team with ordinary percentage. The lid's off because they're the Bombers.

yep, that pretty much sums it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current form we should take down anyone but I feel we're only a couple injuries away from falling apart.

Grundy goes down we don't have a replacement for him.

I'm also not convinced we'll play well if Amartey, McLean or McDonald go down. They're important for our structure

Blakey also drives a lot of our rebounds out of defence. We'd have a big drop should be go down

The lid will be off if we're 30 points up in the GF with about 2 minutes to go.

We've lost our last 3 GFs in a row. Of the 7 GFs I've watched we've won 2 and lost 5.

Everything has to go right to win a premiership and it's not often that everything goes right. We are flying at the moment but I'm trying to temper my expectations. I think Horse would be trying to do the same. Only focus on the next game, study your opposition and be prepared.

Current form we should take down anyone but I feel we're only a couple injuries away from falling apart.

Grundy goes down we don't have a replacement for him.

I'm also not convinced we'll play well if Amartey, McLean or McDonald go down. They're important for our structure

Blakey also drives a lot of our rebounds out of defence. We'd have a big drop should be go down

You could say that about anyone.

Gawn goes down for Melbourne, they're stuffed.

Pies have injuries and are struggling because of it.

Giants have copped a number of injuries and are struggling.

Cats are starting to get a few back but Cameron and Danger out impacts them a heap.

Back