Entertainment & Music The Life & Death of Bon Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember reading that Bon had a bad experience on heroin once then decided never again

Sent from mTalk
He had an overdose I think, but his girlfriend's sister gave him speed to negate the heroin? It's in the Clinton Walker book.

This is probably the greatest story ever told in a song and music format in the annals of history. Yes? No?

The song is about a guy who. Couldn't sasrify his woman so he killed the guy who took up the slack

Then he couldn't accept responsibility for his actions.

It was actually a domestic violence crime

And yes. Song about an murdered from adelaide.

Does it make you sleep rough at night knowing there's a guy out there wanting to do the same to you for satisfying thier woman in a way they never could?

I used to frequent a strip club in Austin around the mid 80s. There was a 18 or 19 year old stripper whose signature song for her dance was AC/DCs "Squealer". When I saw her onstage, she looked very familiar. I kept going and she started noticing me. She came up to me one night and I found out she lived in my neighborhood, that's how i recognized her, she recognized me seeing me too. She said he family, friends and boyfriend dont know shes doing this and not to tell anyone please. I said no problems. Eventually we became closer thru me visiting the club and seeing her out and about in the suburbs. Knowing smiles but never directly taking in public. Eventually I would go there just when she was working (three days a week) and wait around till she finished to give a lift back home. This went on for weeks. Then one night she didn't show up, over and over. Months later I found out some truck driver raped and murdered her. I have a tattoo on my arm in remembrance of her.

I used to frequent a strip club in Austin around the mid 80s. There was a 18 or 19 year old stripper whose signature song for her dance was AC/DCs "Squealer". When I saw her onstage, she looked very familiar. I kept going and she started noticing me. She came up to me one night and I found out she lived in my neighborhood, that's how i recognized her, she recognized me seeing me too. She said he family, friends and boyfriend dont know shes doing this and not to tell anyone please. I said no problems. Eventually we became closer thru me visiting the club and seeing her out and about in the suburbs. Knowing smiles but never directly taking in public. Eventually I would go there just when she was working (three days a week) and wait around till she finished to give a lift back home. This went on for weeks. Then one night she didn't show up, over and over. Months later I found out some truck driver raped and murdered her. I have a tattoo on my arm in remembrance of her.
You obviously never listened to dirty deeds done dirt cheap and she never listened to night prowler.(bon Scott's last song)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toss up between Powerage and Let their be rock as my favourites.
I've been playing the Bon albums incessantly all last week.

Let There Be Rock is a hard rock classic.
Powerage is a wonderful album full of many different licks, melodies, very bluesy.
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (original Aust version) is also a high moment album. Even a song like Big Balls isn't skipped over after multi-repeated listenings.
TNT is highly underrated then given how most people rate the two albums you listed. TNT is full of 50s type true Rock N Roll. So many catchy original songs.
High Voltage is really early in their lifetime and has a few nuggests of gold
Highway to Hell is a very polished, very engineered, designed for American chart release.

Lyrically and musically. It's really hard to separate the first four albums I listed as "favorite".

Big balls is there reply to chuck berrys my dingaling

Highway to hell thier response to stairway to heaven

Then there's the credence factor

A long way to the top thier reply to traviln band and making number one.

Best album is the one that cracked pommyland with

Riff raff sent them on thier way

The music of AC/DC is fine. But just on Bon's side of things, vocals. He's probably the most authoritative singer ever. There's so much power in his voice, the delivery, and also the vocal arrangement, the manner in which you sing lines. He's also surprisingly got a very rich harmonic tune to his voice when he hits high and low sounds. Another thing. There's a line in the "Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round to be a Millionaire)" song, goes something like, "One of these days see me driving round town in a rock'n' Rolls Royce with the sunroof down". The pitch of "round town" is so pure. And the whole vocalization of that song has like a soft sad nostalgia tone to it. But there are so many individual songs I could isolate and break down for the great quality in Bon's voice.

Obviously he had that great on-stage persona, making him one of the greatest frontmen ever. And his lyrics are so clever. But as a pure vocalist he's something special. Very distinctive unique voice, that also is the most authoritative, most powerful, but also rich in harmony, and the other thing too is he has pretty good "whoas" and "yeahs" type of fill-ins, including little things he says in between lines to add something.

The only other "rock" singer I really love this much, tho he's a vastly different type of singer, is Glenn Danzig.

It was bons poetry and delivery of those lines in TNT and dirt deeds that got me.

Ain't no fun is a classic poem. Hard to find on YouTube. I think edgie uploaded it somewhere else?

Live wire is another.

If you're looking for trouble
I'm the man to see.
If you're looking for satisfaction
I'm satisfaction gaurnteed.
I'm cooler than a body on ice
Hotter than a Rollin dice
Send you to heaven
Take you to hell
I ain't fooling
Can't you tell

Song was about him and to all the teenage girls hanging around backstage