Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1349108
Was funny on seinfeld but not in real life. I had a mate that apparently gave himself the nickname duggers, but atleast it was connected to his last name.
I had a workmate at a former employer who tried to give himself a cool nickname, but everyone started calling him Cumbubble.
He ended up cracking the shits with one bloke and insisting he use his self-made nickname. The other bloke shoots "Get ****ed, Bubbles".
From then on it just became Bubbles.

I had a workmate at a former employer who tried to give himself a cool nickname, but everyone started calling him Cumbubble.
He ended up cracking the shits with one bloke and insisting he use his self-made nickname. The other bloke shoots "Get f’ed, Bubbles".
From then on it just became Bubbles.
A tale that doubles as sage advice for anyone trying to coin their own nickname

Matt Kennedy for the Brownlow at $501 would have been a great bet, 3 votes on the Thursdee night imo.

Hate to say it, and I know its contrary to the point of the thread but, them crazy Blues fans might be on to something with him, hard to believe he was demoted to the Blues rookie list in 2020.
He’s looking good, but this is still loony bin stuff. He could have been priced at 10k to 1 and you’d still be wasting your dollar!

Could be a sneaky chance to lead Carlton’s list though, with Walsh out for a few weeks. Would like to have known what those odds were.

He’s looking good, but this is still loony bin stuff. He could have been priced at 10k to 1 and you’d still be wasting your dollar!

Could be a sneaky chance to lead Carlton’s list though, with Walsh out for a few weeks. Would like to have known what those odds were.

No one thought Woewodin would win his when he did also, (from memory started the year at $251) sure its not exactly a great chance of happening, more about a bit of fun for a few bucks on someone who will finish well above what he was priced at.

planned or copied celebrations should result in fines or suspensions. Nothing more cringe.

This dickhead ripping of Thierry Henry's goal celebration is/was one of the most ****ing cringiest

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fe89a95db-2f32-464d-85e3-74c894d61e00

Mark Williams' shot gun celebration was a good one, im all for originality.

Pretty sure political correctness killed it off tho, ******* such a soft world honestly.
Nah pretty sure Williams was told to stop it after pulling it when the Hawks were 70+ points down in a game

It's pretty ****ing funny to think the dickhead was doing a shot gun celebration after kicking his second goal late in the 4th quarter with his team 70 points down

Nah pretty sure Williams was told to stop it after pulling it when the Hawks were 70+ points down in a game

It's pretty ******* funny to think the dickhead was doing a shot gun celebration after kicking his second goal late in the 4th quarter with his team 70 points down

Makes it even better in my eyes. :thumbsu:

On the couch "is 3 talls too many" for north and it's never worked

Meanwhile we played Gawn, Brown, Jackson, McDonald and 3 of those blokes are poxy at ground level.

Always found it weird when talls play badly it's too tall, when smalls play badly it's never too small

Meanwhile we played Gawn, Brown, Jackson, McDonald and 3 of those blokes are poxy at ground level.

Always found it weird when talls play badly it's too tall, when smalls play badly it's never too small
Playing 2 rucks with 6 games between them was always going to be a struggle. They're better off sticking with them this season and give them a decent run with Goldy still around to help out. North will struggle anyway, may as well see who of Xerri or CCJ will be the next #1 ruck.

Playing 2 rucks with 6 games between them was always going to be a struggle. They're better off sticking with them this season and give them a decent run with Goldy still around to help out. North will struggle anyway, may as well see who of Xerri or CCJ will be the next #1 ruck.
Agree. Although if it keeps not working out they probably need to decide whether to go with Xerri or CCJ.

Heightism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if I agree with this.

That North team was like if we played Preuss, Jake Spencer and an ageing Mark Jamar in the same team on a near 30 degree day - it was a bad call and plenty of North people agreed.

I don't think the comparison to our team is that accurate given Gawn is one of the best ruckmen of our generation and can float back or forward, Dogga's an extra mid once the ball hits the deck and Tmac has no issue getting involved in the play and can play all over the park if need be.

North are just in a crook situation where Xerri wanted out and yet they didn't trade him and they overpaid to bring CCJ in so are in a weird situation where they're playing them both as well as Goldy who's ironically still the best of the three but won't be for much longer.

The three ruckmen combined for 8 marks in total. Larkey who's 200cm also had a stinker. Don't think North will be playing all three + Larkey much going forward if they want to win. Of course it doesn't help that Xerri and CCJ are both crap.

Not sure if I agree with this.

That North team was like if we played Preuss, Jake Spencer and an ageing Mark Jamar in the same team on a near 30 degree day - it was a bad call and plenty of North people agreed.

I don't think the comparison to our team is that accurate given Gawn is one of the best ruckmen of our generation and can float back or forward, Dogga's an extra mid once the ball hits the deck and Tmac has no issue getting involved in the play and can play all over the park if need be.

North are just in a crook situation where Xerri wanted out and yet they didn't trade him and they overpaid to bring CCJ in so are in a weird situation where they're playing them both as well as Goldy who's ironically still the best of the three but won't be for much longer.

The three ruckmen combined for 8 marks in total. Larkey who's 200cm also had a stinker. Don't think North will be playing all three + Larkey much going forward if they want to win. Of course it doesn't help that Xerri and CCJ are both crap.

None of that's really relevant to my point. It's easiest copout excuse as if dropping xerri for North's 13th rated midfielder would all of a sudden make them good. It's piss lazy argument to make up there with the ' they need to take the game on more'

Nobody's saying it would all of a sudden make them good?

If you don't think getting the right mix of players in a team is somewhat important that I don't know what to tell you.

Plenty of teams have also been criticised for going in too small - Dogs get pillared for this all the time.

North would still be shit as their depth is just a bunch of untried kids, but why make it harder for yourself by playing 2 lumbering back up rucks who aren't even great marks of the footy or able to help out in defence?

Half of them wanted him cut last year, this is seriously out of nowhere. If he keeps playing like this no joke they could push top 4. Changes their midfield dynamic SO much if he is this good with a resurgent Cripps and Walsh/Cerra on the outside.
Their midfield will absolutely spank ours around stoppage when we play them. Definitely a game where Trac and Oliver will need to play four quarters (esp the second, even if our strategy is to ease off then) or we could find ourselves in trouble like the R23 Geelong game after a few minutes of Carlton surge footy where they clear it from the stoppage without the ball going to ground, their forward line is shit but there’s only so much our backline can do when it’s coming in like that. And I don’t think we could pull off a run like we did against the Cats/The Western™️ against Cripps/Cerra/Walsh/Kennedy/Hewett, much more explosive and much better balanced.

They played three guy
Their midfield will absolutely spank ours around stoppage when we play them. Definitely a game where Trac and Oliver will need to play four quarters (esp the second, even if our strategy is to ease off then) or we could find ourselves in trouble like the R23 Geelong game after a few minutes of Carlton surge footy where they clear it from the stoppage without the ball going to ground, their forward line is sh*t but there’s only so much our backline can do when it’s coming in like that.

I’m comfortable losing stoppages as long as they don’t get clean centre clearances. Aside from that very poor 15 minutes in the second against the dogs we did a great job at breaking even then killing them outside the clearance.

They played three guy

I’m comfortable losing stoppages as long as they don’t get clean centre clearances. Aside from that very poor 15 minutes in the second against the dogs we did a great job at breaking even then killing them outside the clearance.
It was R23 when we got annihilated at centre bounce though. Don’t know how many of the 8 goals the Cats kicked were from centre clearance but it was a lot. Didn’t think we were that bad around the clearances in the second quarter of the GF, The Western™️ scored mostly from turnover/intercept

It was R23 when we got annihilated at centre bounce though. Don’t know how many of the 8 goals the Cats kicked were from centre clearance but it was a lot. Didn’t think we were that bad around the clearances in the second quarter of the GF, The Western™️ scored mostly from turnover/intercept

They walked it out of the middle five times in a row they just have terrible forwards. We didn’t take an uncontested mark for like 10 minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back