Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you just love the Cowtiser today.... not bloody likely! It's all about the Adelaide Cows and their supporters moving to Adelaide Oval. Not only that, all the faces of the people interviewed in the Cowtiser are bloody Cow supporters... not one supporter from the PAFC. Did i miss something? Wasn't it the PAFC and supporters that wanted to go to Adelaide Oval and the Artificial Cows and it's supporters not wanting to go there?

Pete you are obviously easily confused, when all the Camries said they would never go there and protested about it they really meant it was their idea and couldn't wait for footy in the city.

See where you went wrong?

What are you talking about Pete? It's the best idea Whicker and Trigg ever had! We should be glad that we're being forced to play our games at Adelaide Oval. Show some appreciation.

draft_lens17683048module148630093photo_1299104635orders_800_800x600.jpg

Don't you just love the Cowtiser today.... not bloody likely! It's all about the Adelaide Cows and their supporters moving to Adelaide Oval. Not only that, all the faces of the people interviewed in the Cowtiser are bloody Cow supporters... not one supporter from the PAFC. Did i miss something? Wasn't it the PAFC and supporters that wanted to go to Adelaide Oval and the Artificial Cows and it's supporters not wanting to go there?

Yeah, I was sure I could remember our CEO working his backside off for a couple of years to get it happening, and our supporters turning out in numbers to see Port play the first game of AFL ever at Adelaide Oval - but maybe I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Pete you are obviously easily confused, when all the Camries said they would never go there and protested about it they really meant it was their idea and couldn't wait for footy in the city.

See where you went wrong?
Bugga! I just can't get it right FH07... LOL :D

Don't shoot the messenger but Rowey and Cornsey are talking about the SANFL. Apparently the dividend to the SANFL clubs next year is going to be halved because of Port. The SANFL are praying that the Crows get two home finals as the income wasnt budgeted for. The assertion was Port need the Crows to do well this year. I'll leave that one with you :)

Don't shoot the messenger but Rowey and Cornsey are talking about the SANFL. Apparently the dividend to the SANFL clubs next year is going to be halved because of Port. The SANFL are praying that the Crows get two home finals as the income wasnt budgeted for. The assertion was Port need the Crows to do well this year. I'll leave that one with you :)

Could it be that it is going to be halved because the SANFL are terrible money managers. They rip a huge amount out of our two clubs (and return a small percentage of that to Port).

They then do everything they can to promote the SANFL over the AFL and complain about the dividends.

They should be financially viable.

I heard it. Firstly, perish the thought the SANFL clubs generate their own revenue rather than simply rely on a dividend generated by the AFL clubs.
Secondly, perish the thought the SANFL halve its ridiculously bloated salary cap.
Thirdly * the SANFL and it's clubs.

I heard it. Firstly, perish the thought the SANFL clubs generate their own revenue rather than simply rely on a dividend generated by the AFL clubs.
Secondly, perish the thought the SANFL halve its ridiculously bloated salary cap.
Thirdly **** the SANFL and it's clubs.

Yeah! What he said ^^^^^

whenever they dribble crap like this I think back to the following: http://rightsideva.blogspot.com.au/2008/02/ten-men-go-out-for-dinner-who-pays-what.html

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for dinner and the bill for all comes to $100.If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing like they do now with the present income tax structure.

The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59 of the bill.
So that is what the ten men decide to do.

The ten men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you all are such good customers I am going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20”. Dinner for the 10 men now costs just $80...

The group still wanted to pay the bill the same way that they paid their taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free. But what about the other six men -- the Paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everybody would get his “Fair Share”?

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth and sixth man would each end up being paid to eat their meal…So, the restaurant owner suggested it would be fair to reduce each mans bill roughly the same amount; and proceeded to work out the amounts each man would pay.

The fifth, like the first four now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth man now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% savings)
The seventh man now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% savings)
The eight man now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings)
The ninth man now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings)
The tenth man now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings)

Each of the six was better off then before. And the first four continued to eat for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings…

“I only got a dollar out of the $20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man “but he got $10”…“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. Its unfair that he got ten times more than me!?”“That’s true”, shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!”“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploit’s the poor!”The nine men surrounded the tenth man and beat him up…

The next night the Tenth man did not show up for dinner, so the Nine sat down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half the bill!

Unfortunately for us, and to a much lesser extent the crows, the cheaper diners (SANFL clubs) want to maintain their standard of living, even though the amount of tax we are paying (cost to field AFL sides) keeps rising.

I'm sure someone with a bit of time on their hands could reword to more closely align to the SANFL setup.

Why do they think the crows were handed the draw they had this year? To get 2 home finals. About time they pulled their weight.

whenever they dribble crap like this I think back to the following: http://rightsideva.blogspot.com.au/2008/02/ten-men-go-out-for-dinner-who-pays-what.html

Unfortunately for us, and to a much lesser extent the crows, the cheaper diners (SANFL clubs) want to maintain their standard of living, even though the amount of tax we are paying (cost to field AFL sides) keeps rising.

I'm sure someone with a bit of time on their hands could reword to more closely align to the SANFL setup.
Yeah, that was a great blog entry. Woo for the triumph of the axis of idiocy of the SANFL, Carbon tax and mining tax. If only we could put a tax on the SANFL and drive them off-shore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quoted for emphasis.

Maybe Central could donate some of their pokies profit to the Panthers?

Bet the "F*ck off we're full" sticker looks great on the commo as well :thumbsu:

Don't assume that because I am wealthy I am racist. That is seriously poor form. And I would never stoop to driving a commodore.

I think they call it the game development dividend given to the SANFL clubs, going to be halved from $500k to $250k. Doesnt Port get this?

Could be wrong, but I thought we forfeited such payments as one of the consequences of committing the heinous crime of wanting to be permitted to make the Port Adelaide nation whole again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back