Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you reckon Abba had a good time talking about the crows until the opening bounce? And then joining in the joking around about a nil all draw. Board member FFS. Behave like it.
another example of Port people pandering to the crows audience. Its the only way they can keep a job in the Adelaide media

We did get a mention from the latest addition to the ABC SANFL commentary team who was quick to have a chuckle at the 119 point margin between Sturt and Centrals in the U18s.

They will sink the slipper in at any opportunity then the crow fans tell us all about the Port lovin' media. :rolleyes:

While i agree that you have had a poor run from the media not only here but interstate as well but don't you think it's now got to the stage where some of you guys are trolling through everything & anything just looking for any negative media that you can find.

While i agree that you have had a poor run from the media not only here but interstate as well but don't you think it's now got to the stage where some of you guys are trolling through everything & anything just looking for any negative media that you can find.
Yes, yes we do - if only to find evidence to support our case.

Well Channel 7 sport round up this morning. "Melbourne recorded a loss in Darwin and Paul Stewart kicked 5."

Every other game summary mentioned the team that actually won the game!

Melbourne must've had a shocker, looks like they lost to themselves according to gameday. Did they have an opponent? Jeremy Howe took a great mark though.

Apparently footy is no good at TIO either. Presumably because Melbourne managed to lose to themselves there.

Melbourne must've had a shocker, looks like they lost to themselves according to gameday. Did they have an opponent? Jeremy Howe took a great mark though.

Apparently footy is no good at TIO either. Presumably because Melbourne managed to lose to themselves there.

Wow! Hamish didn't even make mention of the fact Bernie Vince's sisters boyfriend booted 5?

there's no need for us to trawl through anything. It's pretty obvious.

To an extent I agree. A lot of what we get we deserve. When our own supporters barely care it is hard for the media to show excitement.

Would you have us post about the positive story written about us this year?

See if you can find it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did get a mention from the latest addition to the ABC SANFL commentary team who was quick to have a chuckle at the 119 point margin between Sturt and Centrals in the U18s.

They will sink the slipper in at any opportunity then the crow fans tell us all about the Port lovin' media. :rolleyes:
Yeah their commentary teams seem to be the same these days . Ex non Port players and a 40 year old Port hating Eddie Munster lookalike for a host . Can only imagine the behind the scenes discussions knowing how hung up one of them is on Port. They must have hated it with Nippy in the box.

Yeah their commentary teams seem to be the same these days . Ex non Port players and a 40 year old Port hating Eddie Munster lookalike for a host . Can only imagine the behind the scenes discussions knowing how hung up one of them is on Port. They must have hated it with Nippy in the box.

Rogers? '94 GF?

I haven't watched a game all year but the Port hate was always so strong in that ABC box. Do they still have that effeminate sounding, poor mans Antony Green, stats man?

I haven't watched a game all year but the Port hate was always so strong in that ABC box. Do they still have that effeminate sounding, poor mans Antony Green, stats man?

Hope you don't mean Ian Mogridge finny. Cancer claimed him early this year aged only 59.

Wow! Hamish didn't even make mention of the fact Bernie Vince's sisters boyfriend booted 5?
At least when Hartlett gets back we'll have double the chance of a "Bernie's sister's boyfriend" reference.

It seems the Vince sisters prefer Black, White and Teal.

Or maybe we are "trolling" through everything looking for balanced media and not finding it. Being a supporter of "the team for all South Australians" I'm not surprised that you wouldn't understand the damage the persistant negative skew given our club has on little things like sponsorship and membership.
I'm not against media barracking provided it is delivered as barracking and not news. There comes a point where reporting crosses the line into malicious intent. If the Cows recieved the same media treatment they'd be spitting sherry on the Chesterfields down at the Adelaide club.

Cheers for the history lessons guys,

The last time i actually went into Port Adelaide and not Alberton was 10ish years ago now

Hey guys. Don't usually read the Tiser but went to the Adelaide Now site for a particular article and saw a piece by a journo named Jai Bednall, whom I Dont know of ("senior port players cop a pasting from coach"). Anyone know anything about him ? Is he a newbie or have I just missed him through my normal refusal to read that shite of a publication ? What's he like as a journo ?

Bednall has been an SANFL writer for a while now, his regular Monday Morning Centreman column (weekly SANFL review) is generally very good. Don't think he likes Port, but his last couple of articles have at least been more objective than his more experienced colleagues. I wonder if he has the Port gig as a training ground for further moves up the journo ladder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back