Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Unca Mick ole Capt Grumpy himself had lived up to his contract and presided over the coaching panel like a kindly ole grandfather full of piss and wisdom and even able to step in with the media and knock some heads when heads needed knocking... he was the rot that set in, not Bucks

"The old blame grumpy Mick for Nathan's failings as a senior coach trick".

That's only the 385th time I've heard that one, Chief!

Don't stress and fret dear negs... we've been given the inside word

"Next year this will be the premiership cup"

DO_rSElVwAMquKZ.jpg

You clearly miss the point.

Let me reiterate. What the f--k else are these players going to quote - that Buckley is a poor coach/man manager/communicator. Not a great career move I would have thought, particularly if you are at your 2nd/3rd club.

By the way, I will concede that of all the players, I am confident that Treloar and Adams are genuine in their support. As for the rest................

And as for evidence that suits my argument, again I am completely open to tangible evidence to support the pro Buckley theme. I just haven't received anything yet. Still waiting.

Here's a clue - definition of tangible evidence - win/loss ratio, ladder position - pretty simple stuff really.
Evidence of what? Of course the coach is the only variable in those things right? You have to love that some believe they have put up evidence to support their argument when they have actually done no such thing. You won't find people rushing to supply contra evidence to a non-existent argument I wouldn't think.

You clearly miss the point.

Let me reiterate. What the f--k else are these players going to quote - that Buckley is a poor coach/man manager/communicator. Not a great career move I would have thought, particularly if you are at your 2nd/3rd club.

By the way, I will concede that of all the players, I am confident that Treloar and Adams are genuine in their support. As for the rest................

And as for evidence that suits my argument, again I am completely open to tangible evidence to support the pro Buckley theme. I just haven't received anything yet. Still waiting.

Here's a clue - definition of tangible evidence - win/loss ratio, ladder position - pretty simple stuff really.
The 2018 hasn’t started yet.

Evidence of what? Of course the coach is the only variable in those things right? You have to love that some believe they have put up evidence to support their argument when they have actually done no such thing. You won't find people rushing to supply contra evidence to a non-existent argument I wouldn't think.

Ye fair call mate.

The only unequivocal undeniable factual data I can supply to support my argument is a 6 year regression down the ladder - non stop and one directional. On balance, probably doesn't count for much such that I don't know why the AFL even bothers having a league ladder each year. It's clearly not important.

2014-2017 doesn't count in terms of providing any evidence/discussion? Irrelevant? Like it never existed?

And at the end of 2018, is it the same - 2019 hasn't started yet?
Buckley has been re-signed for two more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ye fair call mate.

The only unequivocal undeniable factual data I can supply to support my argument is a 6 year regression down the ladder - non stop and one directional. On balance, probably doesn't count for much such that I don't know why the AFL even bothers having a league ladder each year. It's clearly not important.
Hmmm... Not sure why you'd think it's not important but facts are still facts and it seems pretty clear there are none worth discussing here. On the other hand, this new thinking whereby a cause can be established purely by identifying an outcome will be music to the ears of many a perplexed scientist. It also seems that by this method we can now happily assume that all of the problems of the world will be resolved in very short order.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Not sure why you'd think it's not important but facts are still facts and it seems pretty clear there are none worth discussing here. On the other hand, this new thinking whereby a cause can be established purely by identifying an outcome will be music to the ears of many a perplexed scientist. It also seems that by this method we can now happily assume that all of the problems of the world will be resolved in very short order.
Not only that. Imagine how much more efficient the legal process will be now that tenous links are considered better evidence than direct testimony!

"We found a hat at the scene of the crime. Bob wears hats. Therefore Bob did it"

"But there's multiple witnesses who say that Bob didn't do it"

"Nope. Hat. Bob. Done"

Not only that. Imagine how much more efficient the legal process will be now that tenous links are considered better evidence than direct testimony!

"We found a hat at the scene of the crime. Bob wears hats. Therefore Bob did it"

"But there's multiple witnesses who say that Bob didn't do it"

"Nope. Hat. Bob. Done"
Ridiculous, Andrew Walker would be the one found guilty in that case.

So I take it that what you are saying is that there is absolutely no/minimal causal relationship between Buckley's tenure as senior coach and the club's continued regression down the ladder for the past 6 years. Have I got that right?

So I take it that what you are saying is that there is absolutely no/minimal causal relationship between Buckley's tenure as senior coach and the club's continued regression down the ladder for the past 6 years. Have I got that right?
Buckley has been re-signed for two years.

Happy for you to identify any poster who absolves Bucks of responsibility. Again, pretty typical of the tired old anti-Bucks rhetoric, throw a few motherhood statements (ie: years of regression) around as the sum total of the case against then suggest anyone who holds an alternate view is a blind sycophant. Tedious really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back