Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that most people who respond to those sorts of polls are usually the discontented, while those who accept the status quo just couldn't be bothered.
When I was at High School I sent out a survey about apathy in Australian students.

Not one person bothered to respond!

Worth looking for though, the bulk of it is about how you view your own membership but there are areas asking your opinion on administration, and our performance and an additional comments box

Yeh i did the survey on the weekend, shared a couple of my thoughts, for all the good it will do but made me feel better at the time lol

I love the idea of the postal vote, would been interesting to see the response to.... should Bucks be coach in 2018?

That would make an interesting story for the papers

Members vote out coach!

or visa versa

You can like it or lump it till the cows come home but the fact remains sweeping generalisations happen because the punters are p***** off with decisions that they don't like otherwise we wouldn't even be having this conversation. TBH I don't like assumptions either I was just mentioning that they're there and no amount of disliking or ignorance will make them go away

No worries, feel free to answer critisism of sweeping generalizations with more sweeping generalizations and little substance. Clearly you just need to build a bridge, I mean it's hardly a conversation when you just continually repeat the same stale message over and over and project your issues on other supporters. I'm sure they're more than capable of pushing their own barrows.

Last edited:
No worries, feel free to answer critisism of sweeping generalizations with more sweeping generalizations and little substance. Clearly you just need to build a bridge, I mean it's hardly a conversation when you just continually repeat the same stale message over and over and project your issues on other supporters. I'm sure they're more than capable of pushing their own barrows.
Same stale message, agreed it's been done to bits ad nauseum just as we both are now good sir. And whether or not we stop now it will continue ad nauseum - just a fact of life

Just an observation during the last season regarding Buckley's treatment of the phone in the box. He seems to be very aggressive with it and perhaps this is a reflection of a larger issue. I note that Malthouse preferred headphones. Perhaps Bucks could adopt this approach to try to control his anger issues? This may lead to greater clarity in his coaching decisions.

Just an observation during the last season regarding Buckley's treatment of the phone in the box. He seems to be very aggressive with it and perhaps this is a reflection of a larger issue. I note that Malthouse preferred headphones. Perhaps Bucks could adopt this approach to try to control his anger issues? This may lead to greater clarity in his coaching decisions.
Yes send him to anger management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not anymore than most coaches...even Brendon has gone from smiling too fuming in the box

Clarkson vs Buckley - as men.

Clarkson on Vickery - whilst we and he were not satisfied with his form in 2017, he has a contract and we will continue to support him. He acknowledged the difficulties associated with Vickery's business.

Buckley on Mayne - not satisfied with his form in 2017 and hasn't been a great result for the first 12 months. Notwithstanding he has a contract, have got some decisions to make going forward. Then proceeded to externalise blame on the Director of Coaching

You reckon Clarkson would publicly externalise blame, even if the blame was warranted?

So which of these 2 blokes would you want having your back?

Clarkson on Vickery - whilst we and he were not satisfied with his form in 2017, he has a contract and we will continue to support him. He acknowledged the difficulties associated with Vickery's business.

Buckley on Mayne - not satisfied with his form in 2017 and hasn't been a great result for the first 12 months. Notwithstanding he has a contract, have got some decisions to make going forward. Then proceeded to externalise blame on the Director of Coaching

You reckon Clarkson would publicly externalise blame, even if the blame was warranted?

That's not exactly what Clarko said, I believe it went more like this.

"Whilst we and umm he were not umm satisfied with his umm form in 2017, he umm has a contract and we umm will continue to umm support him. He umm acknowledges umm the difficulties umm associated with umm Vickery's business umm."

Buckley for mine, honest is good.
Disagree, putting aside Bucks coaching, this is probably the only time he's disappointed me.

You don't IMO throw current players like that under the bus publicly, no matter what you might think privately.

Disagree, putting aside Bucks coaching, this is probably the only time he's disappointed me.

You don't IMO throw current players like that under the bus publicly, no matter what you might think privately.
I actually didn't hear or read what he said, but if the first part is correct, I don't have a problem. If he had made fluff up I would have been more disappointed.

I am over half truths coming from the club.

Ok

I agree. Mind you our senior coach has form here. Anyone recall the public hanging of one Heath Shaw after the 2013 EF loss to Port?

So yes, throwing a player under the bus publicly is indeed poor form. But throwing a player under the bus publicly, along with another, to part deflect blame for the player's original appointment, well that's just dare I say it, despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back