Mega Thread The new Bucks mega-thread. It's Official. 2 Year Deal for Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to mention the 'ignore option', that is also a very useful too if comments aren't reportable but just annoying. I find it very useful.
Sorry did you say something?

I have had to do it as it makes reading threads that much more enjoyable.

The temptation is not to click on 'show ignored'.
I did as an experiment once, could not follow what was said, so now unless it gets my back up, l find easier to just pass it by. It works for me that way, and l don't miss the flow.

I did as an experiment once, could not follow what was said, so now unless it gets my back up, l find easier to just pass it by. It works for me that way, and l don't miss the flow.
I like guessing who it may be.:p

I have a problem with this argument. .......
It annoys me when new guys do post they get attacked saying 1. "what was your old name" etc. Guys like Help My Club, Tkil and Westozpie are newish, have brought differnet sides to the argument and have not attacked anyone yet guys attack HMC and Tkil. 2. So what you get is a big clique because newbies dont want to post.
This has always been a problem in all internet forums, you cannot control what all people like and most people like conversing with the same people.
so i see no problem in this subject regurgitating every few months. let the people have their say, and if the old people dont like it dont read it , and Dont attack the person making the comment cos we all were newbies once too.

1. I got that one a couple of weeks after I joined - I thought - "where's this coming from?"

2. Agree - just had a bit of break - been watching though -same old same old. The "newbie" thing fascinates(?) me. What we have in common is C'wood - this forum / the internet is a secondary issue. I've (& my family) followed Cwood for decades - attended 1958 GF and all except one since. Then I'm labelled a newbie!! - well news I ain't new to Cwood.

I've hurled some grenades at the Club because their recent underperformance has frustrated me. I have not taken a pot shot at a single player. I read posts I don't think much of - try and ignore unless goaded into replying.

Nothing much (anything most likely) will change as a result of what's posted here - so lighten up!!

I'm tempted to suggest to some posters - wander down to Aldi - they have a special "Sense of Humour - 2 for $7.99" - good value - keep the spare you'll need it soon enough.

Last edited:
Eddie can't even run a television station successfully - I'm not sure why anyone thinks he would be any better at a football club.

Eddie can't even run a television station successfully - I'm not sure why anyone thinks he would be any better at a football club.

That might be an issue - Eddie is not supposed to be running the place - he's meant to be overseeing governance - there is a distinction - maybe Maxwell with the benefit of his MBA might point this out to the Emperor

Naturally Anzac, my comments above were in no way directed at the moderators, who I think in the short time I have been on board, have been first class and sensitive to these often difficult and highly charged topics. In particular, you have been very accommodating. Kudos!

No apologies are required nor sought. Far from it and it was never my intention in any event. And I certainly have no desire to use the report button (had no idea it existed actually). On second thoughts, I might use it to report my old mate Saintly for being too nice and reasoned a bloke.

The suggestion to contact McGuire and/or the Club directly, whilst an option, I think deep down even you know would be a wasted exercise. Any contact would likely be viewed as just another disgruntled supporter and dealt with accordingly ie summarily dismissed.
I'm blushing.
But it's appreciated.

I think my daughter would get great use out of the Ignore option.
I thought that kids especially teenagers have the ignore button as the default position :D

Bless them :)

(were we the same, back in the day?)

To be fair on this one, Ed isn't (meant to be) running Collingwood. He's the overall leader of setting the policy framework and ensuring board governance.

Whilst I've long felt Eds been there too long, times up etc, it's a long bow to just use the CEO experience as the sole determiner of his ability.
I'm not sure we can say that Ed hadn't been anything but mega successful in his chosen field.
Whether being a successful media professional is what you'd want as a president is a whole different discussion.

i get targeted all the time. I get asked for my reasons after i stated my reasons . I never usually call anyone out, but i have asked many times what reasons are there for Buckley to remain. as have others, not once has ANYONE replied to those comments. so i assume there are no reasons.
Can't agree with that but as I said, you're entitled to your opinions and I haven't got the patience or tolerance to go back over stuff that's been done to death. I disagree with your basic premises and I'll leave it at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006 - Geelong consider sacking Bomber, but decide on sticking with him and the Premiership drought is broken the following year.

2016 - Richmond consider (briefly) sacking Hardwick, but decide on sticking with him, they play in a grand final tomorrow.

2017 - Collingwood consider (yeah right) sacking Buckley, but decide on sticking with him and extend him for 2 years.

If the pressure on Buckley wasn't already maxxed out on the gauge before, it has now. Did Collingwood really think Richmond's success would justify their decision? Because if there is no on-field improvement next season (and yes I'm talking W/L) then the pressure will be simply unbearable.

Last edited:
Nathan Buckley has had massive amounts of pressure and people willing him to fail for his entire playing/coaching career in the AFL. No matter what happens with Nathan, it won't be because of "pressure".

It might not impact Nathan, but the pressure on him impacts the playing, which has been evident for a while now.

Those 3 dates in the OP....yep, all Buckley's fault

Yea, another Bucks thread

where does it say those dates are Buckley's fault? And if you're not interested then why post?

It's actually a Collingwood thread, but by all means see what you want to see

It might not impact Nathan, but the pressure on him impacts the playing, which has been evident for a while now.
But the players seem to love him.
So unsure impact.

Regardless next season will be telling.

The good news is, the W/L did go up 1/2 a game this year.
More importantly for me, every single game that we list was by fewish goals. So that's where I saw improvement.

That said, next season will be very telling.

I had the misfortune of listening to Danny Frawley when he was coach of our reserves team and never really rated him.
Today I had the pleasure of listening to him on the radio, (number 5 by the way) and I sincerely hope Bucks does too...
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/the-run-home/

I had the misfortune of listening to Danny Frawley when he was coach of our reserves team and never really rated him.
Today I had the pleasure of listening to him on the radio, (number 5 by the way) and I sincerely hope Bucks does too...
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/the-run-home/
I came in here to post about the same thing. Richmond winning and their cultural revolution could be Buckley’s saving grace if he chooses to learn from other people’s mistakes.

When Eddie ran Channel 9 he only had moderate control. He owns a hugely successful media company that produced Talking Footy, Front Bar (yes against himself!), VFL coverage, SANFL coverage etc. His net worth is over 50 Million (Google it) plus he has made the Pies hugely profitable. Don't question his business skills.

F***** this! I'm also sick of the unwarranted optimism of the players this year, Put your money where your mouth is!
Spot on. Been all Talk at the Moment.

They need to Prove It now

Spot on. Been all Talk at the Moment.

They need to Prove It now
TBH and this has been bandied around ad nauseum on this thread and others. There is no problem with the endeavor it is the execution and unsustainable game plan that is the issue and to be fair to the players trumpeting the team and themselves they can't publicly go into a spiel about the real reasons for failure so to appease the masses they have to come up with verbal spew or say nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back