Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think for a moment that I am entering the debate between you 2 blokes, and they may well lag behind in the Hypersonic, but they did lead the way in the Automatic, Systematic and Hydromatic :cool:
View attachment 1940829

Heh.

A lot of fancy US wunderwaffen has been badly found out in Ukraine though.

This is a good if very Russian illustration of why the introduction of Zircon is some numbers makes life very difficult for Ukraine.

Even Kinzhal needed to be air launched (so an imminent launch could be detected), these things can just be launched from the ground and four minutes later hit a target anywhere in Ukraine.

The US is more advances on the IT/networking level for sure, they have more and better satellite ISR.

But they have no equivalent of Khnizal or Zircon.

I don’t know enough about weapons systems to even have this discussion tbh. I don’t even know what Khnizal or Zircon are, they sound like names out of a fantasy novel to me.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed nobody has posted here that the Francis Scott Key Bridge accident was ackchually an attack by Russia/Israel/China/The Depp State etc.

I think the US has stuff that they have no reason to reveal.

I think the US military industrial complex has been savagely found in the last few years.

I don’t know enough about weapons systems to even have this discussion tbh. I don’t even know what Khnizal or Zircon are, they sound like names out of a fantasy novel to me.

Khinzal is the air launched hypersonic missile the Russians have, Zircon the ground launched version.

I think the US military industrial complex has been savagely found in the last few years.
It has been found to be a rort. The US couldn't fight a prolonged conflict against Russia without nationalising the military industrial complex. Their costs of production are far too high relative to Russia.

It has been found to be a rort. The US couldn't fight a prolonged conflict against Russia without nationalising the military industrial complex. Their costs of production are far too high relative to Russia.

Yes, this.

And all the hugely overengineered stuff like Abrams has been a bust - too fragile for real combat situations.

HIMARS has been good but the Ukranians couldn't operate it on their own, it needs the US ISR and even then the Russian Tornado is just as good.

The Brits have had a lot of success with their sea drones, they will see their Ukraine involvement as a good investment.

Patriot has been found out as was everyone with a brane knew it would be after Abqaiq.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think about it. “Hey we have this cutting edge technology that puts us ahead of our competitors, we need to keep it top secret”

“Nah let’s give it to Ukraine”

I get it, but I also think the stuff they do make isn't that great in actual battlefield conditions.

Let’s hope we never find out

Indeed. Though different wars require different weapons. I can't see the Americans fighting a pitched land large scale land war like Ukraine anywhere any time soon.

Any fight with China over Taiwan would be based around missiles, aircraft and ships - all of which the US is very good at (apart from not having hypersonic missiles but that wouldn't be the difference).

The US problem is they can't make enough of any of them to fight a proper war like that lasting longer than a few weeks.

In many ways they're like the IDF but on a larger scale imo. Occupation turned the IDF from a lean and mean army that fought and won armoured battles in the desert into a shitty paramilitary cops with an airforce that still hasn't beaten Hamas six months on.

The US becoming world police in the 90s then having to manage two simultaneous occupations in the 00s has fatally damaged their actual fighting capability against near peer opponents.

Certainly their tactics and equipment got massively found out in the Ukranian counter offensive last year - the only real success Ukraine had was when they abandoned the NATO style of fighting and went with what they knew.

Last edited:
Think about it. “Hey we have this cutting edge technology that puts us ahead of our competitors, we need to keep it top secret”

“Nah let’s give it to Ukraine”
The US, Russia and the UK tested most of their newer stuff in Syria.

The US, Russia and the UK tested most of their newer stuff in Syria.

They would’ve only used what’s necessary. They’re hardly going to to use state of the art technology on a militia using ak37’s & RPG’s. s**t, America cares so little about the weapons they used even in Afghanistan that they just left them there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back