Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reality is we’re unlikely to be in a position to declare anyway as I think we get bowled out after lunch. Possibly sooner

Tassie get the new ball after 9 overs this morning and judging by the scores in this match it’s a tricky pitch to bat on

Whiteman got a ton (just) and Connolly might have had he not been chasing runs before running out of partners.

There’s been eight other batsmen dismissed between 30 and 55 suggesting it’s hard to get truly in on
I think that's a tad pessimistic. The pitch has flattened out, Tasmania have been in the field for 2 of the 3 days, and we are only 3 down.

I'm expecting to bat past tea at least.

Yeah yeah, I know. I just Dazzlered the whole thing.

I think that's a tad pessimistic. The pitch has flattened out, Tasmania have been in the field for 2 of the 3 days, and we are only 3 down.

I'm expecting to bat past tea at least.

Yeah yeah, I know. I just Dazzlered the whole thing.
The first hour will be the key.
I can see us losing 3 wickets in the first session.

Aim should be get the lead to 500 & then work out what to do next.

Cartwright, Hardie, Inglis & Connolly are all aggressive batsmen so if we don’t have a collapse you’d think we’d be around that mark by lunch.

Ideally then bat for another session with a lead around 600 & then declare.

Sets them 600 to get in around 4 sessions (120 overs). Plenty of time to bowl them out. Tassie will have a crack at the whatever they are chasing. You just have to being the final.

A draw just seems hollow to me.

Wade's last FC innings as well, he will be keen to go out with a bang

Doesn’t seem like a flat pitch though. Divots and spinning a fair bit. Freeman could have had more wickets if he bowled more consistently.

Hopefully Hardie finds his groove again next season. Has been a quite disappointing season for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie chased 432 during the season so they will have a fair bit of belief need to try get that total to 500

Remove this Banner Ad

Back