Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love cricket but this is what I hate about cricket, spirit of the game nonsense. Bat till we are all out don’t give them anything because they wouldn’t give us anything.

Yeah the rules are the same for both sides, WA obviously batted conservatively in overs 90-100 in their first innings to keep Tassie from getting an extra tenth of a bonus point, and Tassie batted very conservatively in their first innings to completely remove any chance of winning a draw. Wouldn’t really care if WA piled on 800 and Tassie just decided to shake hands. Them’s the rules.

I also don’t feel the need to put more mileage into the WA quicks trying for an outright win. Especially for Joel Paris, who has borne a pretty heavy load in the absence of Jhye, Morris and Kelly.

Lead past 500

Maximum of ~135 overs remaining in the match

Could declare whenever we want or just go the tonk until we’re all out

Barring a miracle batting effort from Tasmania we’ve got this

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

de silva and mendis have scored 100’s in both innings of the first test against Bangladesh. I wonder how many times more than one batsmen has done that in a game

I understand that as sportsmen your instinct is to fight to the bitter end, but if they reach stumps without being all out they should just recognise they they aren’t scoring another 350+ with their tail, just shake hands and get on the beers tonight.

I understand that as sportsmen your instinct is to fight to the bitter end, but if they reach stumps without being all out they should just recognise they they aren’t scoring another 350+ with their tail, just shake hands and get on the beers tonight.
Not Sure If you can do that TBH.

WACA will.Probably open the gates tomorrow.
If they want to finish, just throw the bat now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back