Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Dazzler just Dalzzlered himself.

BJ loved turning it on with the blade in Shield finals. Remember him scoring a rapid fire century at the WACA against Tassie in the 97/98 final.

Edit - can always count on Robelinda2 for the goods

Last edited:
BJ loved turning it on with the blade in Shield finals. Remember him scoring a rapid fire century at the WACA against Tassie in the 97/98 final.

Dude. You had me excited that somehow Rob'schannel was restored. This is some sort of tribute channel to what once was. Give yourself a stern talking to.

That was glorious

Dodgy lbw decision too

One favourite memory of BJ was Trent Bridge '93 when he and S Waugh batted for 2 hours to save the Test.
Think BJ got a 50. Stayed up to watch when housemates thought it was all over & went to bed.
Subplot to that was that Alec Stewart was keeping for Eng then. He was previously Midland Guildford OS 'professional', working for Slater Gartrell sports and personal coach/mentor to BJ not too many years before at grade level.
Sure BJ would've been getting a bit of banter from behind the stumps...epic innings.
*Alec Stewart terrific fella

One favourite memory of BJ was Trent Bridge '93 when he and S Waugh batted for 2 hours to save the Test.
Think BJ got a 50. Stayed up to watch when housemates thought it was all over & went to bed.
Subplot to that was that Alec Stewart was keeping for Eng then. He was previously Midland Guildford OS 'professional', working for Slater Gartrell sports and personal coach/mentor to BJ not too many years before at grade level.
Sure BJ would've been getting a bit of banter from behind the stumps...epic innings.
*Alec Stewart terrific fella
Went to Greenmount primary school with Keith Slater's son.
KS was my first coach. First WA boy to play a test. Got called for chucking I think and never played again.
Also played WAFL for Swan Districts and Subiaco. 200+ games and a Simpson medal is not a bad effort.

Firstly, there’s been quite the era of success while she’s been CEO so full credit to Christina Matthews

Secondly, her departing gift is securing the first test of each summer for 7 years which is also a significant achievement and wouldn’t have been easy

It’s now up to the WA public to attend those tests and make them something special to kick off the international cricket season

Firstly, there’s been quite the era of success while she’s been CEO so full credit to Christina Matthews

Secondly, her departing gift is securing the first test of each summer for 7 years which is also a significant achievement and wouldn’t have been easy

It’s now up to the WA public to attend those tests and make them something special to kick off the international cricket season

Not to fulfil my usual role as Debbie Downer but it's only an achievement in that Brisbane wanted it. An achievement would be poaching Boxing day, New Years or getting a day night test.

It's going to be (mostly) the same as last year, hot as balls, not during school holidays and whatever crowd we get will not be enough. You'll expect a bump against India/England of course.

I cant wait for the WACA redevelopment to be finished and 2nd tier tests to be held there. Place will looked packed with 10k ppl.

Big supporter of Christina Matthews though, she has done a great job over her tenure.

Last edited:
Yeah I can see Perth copping all sorts of s**t when barely 15k people turn up on Thursday in late November.

Call a spade a spade. WA has a bit of a jilted relationship with the Australian team for whatever reason, more so than other states.

Yeah I can see Perth copping all sorts of s**t when barely 15k people turn up on Thursday in late November.

Call a spade a spade. WA has a bit of a jilted relationship with the Australian team for whatever reason, more so than other states.

It's not even a just a WA thing. It's the time of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Public Service Announement: All bottle-o's, pubs, venues and liquor distribution outlets of any kind will be closed tomorrow. Please make appropriate arrangements and ensure you have adequate supplies, while you have the opportunity.
So no arranging games of cricket inside bottle o's or pubs tomorrow ?
noted.

It’s ridiculous. Lucknow at least started out with a sort of green/blue number and then reverted to blue instantly despite the other expansion club Gujarat also being blue.

That list is misleading because Bangalore who was red and black is now also half blue.

So effectively the entire bottom 5 is blue or half blue

This would have to be the worst review ever. Or on the podium at least

I played cricket for years and in all that time I don't think I ever hit the middle of the bat that well.

I know at 1-151 you might be a bit desperate, but...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back