Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

If he had not chased a media career then certainly, he deserves the accolade but every good thing he did on the field is erased due to the show on Foxtel called Bounce.
I’m not a fan of the bounce, but couldn’t disagree more. The bloke was an out and out champion of the game and in his commentary roles he’s excellent in. People love Bounce, so he’s also playing his role there too.

It would be so, so funny if none of the players who left us to 'win flags' ended up doing it except for Lachie Young. Absolutely clutch.

If Oleg Markov can play in a premiership anyone can.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I watched a bit of the televised VFL game on Sunday and ironically both Markov and Young were playing, both looking very much VFL standard players too.

Lachie Young deserved more senior games with us. Good luck to him.

Lachie Young deserved more senior games with us. Good luck to him.
Favourite Lachie Young moment? When he took a terrific grab at half back went to play on quickly but stumbled and fell over and was caught holding the ball. Kinda summed up his career with us. It was a really good mark though.

I watched a bit of the televised VFL game on Sunday and ironically both Markov and Young were playing, both looking very much VFL standard players too.
Markov may have lost form, but he played most of last season in a premiership team and kept out other players along the way. He was close to the best value pickup last year, cost them next to nothing.

Favourite Lachie Young moment? When he took a terrific grab at half back went to play on quickly but stumbled and fell over and was caught holding the ball. Kinda summed up his career with us. It was a really good mark though.
His overlapping goal on the edge of 50

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I think the beauty of the AFL is that Mason Wood, Corey Wagner, Sam Durdin and now Lachie Young find themselves on AFL lists.

Markov may have lost form, but he played most of last season in a premiership team and kept out other players along the way. He was close to the best value pickup last year, cost them next to nothing.

Agree. On the weekend he looked a shadow of that player. Played deep in defence.

Meanwhile Lachie Young looked like he lost his key to the weight room six months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin?

What?

Surely he’s not still on Carlton’s list?

SURELY?!?
1713424529638.png

He most definitely is brother.

& Jack Mahony.
Damn I knew I missed one. I was thinking of Ryan Clarke but he didn't make it into this season.

1713424730195.png
Amazing.
Mason Wood, Corey Wagner, Sam Durdin, Jack Mahony and now Lachie Young.
Would never have picked it in my wildest dreams based on their final years with us. The lot of them.

View attachment 1963083

He most definitely is brother.

Damn I knew I missed one. I was thinking of Ryan Clarke but he didn't make it into this season.

View attachment 1963087
Amazing.
Mason Wood, Corey Wagner, Sam Durdin, Jack Mahony and now Lachie Young.
Would never have picked it in my wildest dreams based on their final years with us. The lot of them.
Complete with ginger 'stache.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back