Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct. Sure, we've been hard to watch this season but last year we destroyed Richmond and Collingwood with hard, fast football.
Don't have the virtue of hindsight yet but have a feeling we might look at 2020 as the club going through "growing pains". We needed to change to get out of the rut of mediocrity and it hurts to change.

Rhyce with a full list last year was massively enjoyable.
For the 2 weeks it was - that is over a year ago now though.

I look at the pressure and skills of the game on now and say wow we are so far off it - not just a couple of players off it but miles off it in terms of playing style, team work, pace, skill, pressure and ability to execute under pressure.

I know it can turn quickly on the basis of confidence but I couldn't see us getting within 50 points of these teams on a best 22 basis.

For the 2 weeks it was - that is over a year ago now though.

I look at the pressure and skills of the game on now and say wow we are so far off it - not just a couple of players off it but miles off it in terms of playing style, team work, pace, skill, pressure and ability to execute under pressure.

I know it can turn quickly on the basis of confidence but I couldn't see us getting within 50 points of these teams on a best 22 basis.
"Best 22 basis" last time I saw the stat North had lost the most games to injury this year. Didn't note where Port sat, but they mentioned at the start of the broadcast that they've played the least number of players this year (32).
So a best 22 game might surprise.

It is becoming eerily similar to the round ball game.

Fines should start at 5k and double for every time you’re cited.
* the fines...

Start with a game off, then double it for subsequent offences.

1,2,4,8,16, deregistered

I woukd be absolutely filthy if we lost a game like that.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't have the virtue of hindsight yet but have a feeling we might look at 2020 as the club going through "growing pains". We needed to change to get out of the rut of mediocrity and it hurts to change.
Big dose of medicine this year.

Medicine we've refused for a very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Best 22 basis" last time I saw the stat North had lost the most games to injury this year. Didn't note where Port sat, but they mentioned at the start of the broadcast that they've played the least number of players this year (32).
So a best 22 game might surprise.
Ha - nothing like a bit of wishful thinking - both sides have 5-6 out of their best 22 out on top of the quality we are seeing out there.

But keep on with that line of thinking - whatever works for you is my philosophy.

Ha - nothing like a bit of wishful thinking - both sides have 5-6 out of their best 22 out on top of the quality we are seeing out there.

But keep on with that line of thinking - whatever works for you is my philosophy.

Nothing like a self-hating North fan. Woe is us.

We're miles and miles off it and will be for a while. But that's OK.

Whilst it was fun, a better than expected first half of 2018 and second half of 2019 derailed a decent rebuild. We probably thought we had a better list than we did. We should be under no illusions now. We can start building properly. As hard as it is to take, we probably needed another stinker of a year.

We're miles and miles off it and will be for a while. But that's OK.

Whilst it was fun, a better than expected first half of 2018 and second half of 2019 derailed a decent rebuild. We probably thought we had a better list than we did. We should be under no illusions now. We can start building properly. As hard as it is to take, we probably needed another stinker of a year.

Yeh, but we'll leave the covid out next time.

Josh Caddy is not just a dumb footballer, he's bloody ordinary as well.
I don't normally buy into arguments about the influence of umpires, but this was one game where they kept the Tigers in it with a few howlers.

Wines: 28 disposals @ 89%, 10 clearances, 11 tackles, 7 inside 50's, 6 score involvements, 1 goal, 1 behind, 4 intercepts in 75%GT.

That's some game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back