• Milwaukee - I have faith in Doc Rivers

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • New York - it turns out Thibs was the hero NY needed

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • OKC - after stealing a franchise, stealing a title is nothing

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Minnesota - Winter is coming

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Phoenix - Luxury tax? What luxury tax?

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Clippers - The world needs a Harden vs Morey postscipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers - Never bet against the whistle

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bucks are the first team in the history of the NBA to win a playoff game without their Top 2 scorers.

Yeah, I'm not giving the Pacers much of a chance for some good reasoning. They're not an awful team but certainly not the kind of team that should be progressing past the second round. I'd be incredibly shocked if Brunson & Co cannot deal with them pretty swiftly.

'Not an awful' team who beat the Bucks 8 times this season?

Considering they haven't had a top 5 pick since the 1980s and have one of the smallest payrolls in the league, reckon they're doing alright for themselves.

Also the Hawks, the Mavs, the Lakers and the Blazers have made the Conference Finals in the last 5-6 years alone. Never say never.

'Not an awful' team who beat the Bucks 8 times this season?

Considering they haven't had a top 5 pick since the 1980s and have one of the smallest payrolls in the league, reckon they're doing alright for themselves.

Also the Hawks, the Mavs, the Lakers and the Blazers have made the Conference Finals in the last 5-6 years alone. Never say never.
You're implying that beating the Bucks is some special feat I imagine by referencing the 8 wins? I'll 100% stand by my point that the Pacers are not a team that should be anywhere near the ECF.

First playoff series win in 10 years, mostly due to the other team having injuries, isn't doing alright for me but each to their own I guess.

Not for me to say, just that their beating the Bucks does seem to bother the hell out of you though.

View attachment 1978454

View attachment 1978455

View attachment 1978456

View attachment 1978457
Well that's just a tad creepy and not exactly topic related re: Pacers. You're just trying to shove my own frustration back at me, why?

Regardless, doesn't change anything about my assertion that the Pacers are not an ECF calibre team. Sure losing to them is frustrating, mainly in part that the losses are due to the best player in the series (By quite a large margin) was unavailable completely.

As a fan of the Pelicans, you would understand that frustration considering with or without Zion you're a completely different ball team.

FWIW, I'm not saying they CAN'T make the ECF. Things happens (Injuries etc) and teams go on runs, maybe they could beat the Knicks and find their way there in a Hawks 2021 style run but ultimately my belief is that their roster isn't ECF level if all teams are healthy.

Well that's just a tad creepy and not exactly topic related re: Pacers. You're just trying to shove my own frustration back at me, why?

I said you're damning them with faint praise. Why not give them some credit once in a while?

So far you've called them 'meh', 'mediocre', 'average', 'streaky', and maybe 'not awful'.

Regardless, doesn't change anything about my assertion that the Pacers are not an ECF calibre team. Sure losing to them is frustrating, mainly in part that the losses are due to the best player in the series (By quite a large margin) was unavailable completely.

That why I referenced the eight wins this season, but whatever.

If I had to put money on it for my life I'd still probably take the team with a healthy Giannis, but I don't think a team that won 47 games and had the second best offence in the league is a complete fraud either.

As a fan of the Pelicans, you would understand that frustration considering with or without Zion you're a completely different ball team.

Of course. I wouldn't call the Thunder a lucky, flukey bunch of pretenders in the meantime though. With Zion it might be a competitive series. Without him it's not. Thunder would still be favourites either way, and rightly so.

I hate losing to the Lakers. I hate that we always lose to the Lakers. The Lakers do get some pretty sweet officiating help. But I would never make the mistake of attributing our losses to the Lakers as anything other than being beaten by the better team.

We piss our pants at the sight of them, and until we prove otherwise, that's our level. Zion or no Zion. And it's our own fault Zion got injured anyway - win our home games, and we never play the play-in game that Zion got injured in. Low key I reckon the Bucks played around with their food most of the season too, and ended up with heavy Giannis minutes as a result. I'd be more pissed at Milwaukee's coaches and supporting cast than with Indy.

FWIW, I'm not saying they CAN'T make the ECF. Things happens (Injuries etc) and teams go on runs, maybe they could beat the Knicks and find their way there in a Hawks 2021 style run but ultimately my belief is that their roster isn't ECF level if all teams are healthy.

Perhaps not, but who really knows? They're an unknown quantity, they've only had Siakam since January.

Regardless, just don't see the need to dump on them. It's not like they're some superteam put together by agents, or a media-driven bunch of divas. They're a small market team built cheaply via the draft and trades, and it's not like they've been tanking either. Let them have their day in the sun, it's been a while.

I get the frustration, any fan would be in that situation but i think Pacers deserve a little more credit.

They have shown to be able to match the Bucks all year and whether that is because they are on the same level or just a bad match up they can go toe to toe. Now i think the Bucks win if fully fit but i wouldn't completely write off the Pacers.

Also Hali has been carrying a niggle for the entire second half of the season, if fully fit the probably have a better record coming in to the play offs and are considered a better team. I think the Knicks beat them but hope and expect the Pacers will make that a competitive series.

Not enough Nurse slander for my liking. No real excuses for dropping this series with Embiid available and dropping 39.

Seen a lot of people saying the Bucks should have taken Nurse, I’m not sure he’s the guy anyway.
Hard to do so with Nurse only being there for one year and Embiid missing half of the season and only being 60% in the playoffs.

Fully healthy they would've been second in the regular season and most likely would've made it to the ECF.

Missed the part where he first accidentally threw it into a random lady's head. This was his second go.

Disgraceful from pat bev.

Then he tells the reporter to get out of his face because they weren't subscribed to his pod.

Bros done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between him and ben simmons which one has the worst contract in the NBA.

For us, it would be the Harris one because it's the reason we're in this situation every single year.

In reality it's probably Simmons because he barely ever plays and doesn't seem to want to. Simmons is a sad story.

For us, it would be the Harris one because it's the reason we're in this situation every single year.

In reality it's probably Simmons because he barely ever plays and doesn't seem to want to. Simmons is a sad story.
agree to disagree on this topic.

I'd go with Harris because you know what you're getting with Ben but picking Harris over Butler probably one of the worst decisions by a front office from as far as i can remember will forever haunt the sixers.

agree to disagree on this topic.

I'd go with Harris because you know what you're getting with Ben but picking Harris over Butler probably one of the worst decisions by a front office from as far as i can remember will forever haunt the sixers.

And on the other hand, Simmons really looked like he was going to be a top tier superstar when we paid him. Tobias Harris has never been that guy. He's been getting paid over double what he deserves for 5 years. :tearsofjoy:

I don't have much confidence that whoever else they bring in will be any better.

And on the other hand, Simmons really looked like he was going to be a top tier superstar when we paid him. Tobias Harris has never been that guy. He's been getting paid over double what he deserves for 5 years. :tearsofjoy:

I don't have much confidence that whoever else they bring in will be any better.
Need to start asking questions of the front office.

Back