The Official Week 18 'The Earth is Flat: A Marcus Smart Story of Fouling' Thread

Worst Commentary Teams - One Vote Only

• Boston - Gorman/Tommy Heinshon

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Atlanta - Bob Rathburn and Nique

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cleveland - Fred Mcleod and Austin Carr

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Golden State - Bob Fitzgerald and Jim Barnett

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Houston - Bill Worrell and Clyde Drexler

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • OKC - Brian Davis and Michael Cage

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on, so Bogut can go back to the Warriors now (on a loophole technicality). Ugh, so he (like everyone else) gets to decide between the Warriors & Cavs. How about the other 28 teams just form their own league!

Hang on, so Bogut can go back to the Warriors now (on a loophole technicality). Ugh, so he (like everyone else) gets to decide between the Warriors & Cavs. How about the other 28 teams just form their own league!
But then everyone in that league would just want to go to you guys.

Dang, and we just let Tyreke go!

We do have Omer Asik though, the only player in the world who will pass up a dunk in favour of a lower percentage shot.

Getting blocked by the bottom of the backboard?

KCP getting the max this off season.
Also scary that Ish has been close to our best player for the last month

Man I would love KCP in Nawlins. He would be PERFECT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the new "salary cap" that came with the new TV deal hasn't exactly helped the spread of talent or the ability of smaller markets to keep talent at all.

NBA is crying for a hard cap that is actually a reasonable number.

I didn't get to watch the game live but just caught ours now and I am erect after watching Lou Williams. We went from a guy who shot 0.000763% at the corner three to a guy who shoots over 50% on them.

Didn't seem to have any issues against the boogie davis playing Bev, Williams and Gordon together but won't always get away with that against teams with a tall athletic 3. Harden and Gordon are quite strong which helps as generally a taller 3 can't back then down.

Yeah the new "salary cap" that came with the new TV deal hasn't exactly helped the spread of talent or the ability of smaller markets to keep talent at all.

NBA is crying for a hard cap that is actually a reasonable number.

How do you stop ring chasers though? Do you treat any contract under 5 mil like a rfa? So if Warriors for example sign Bogut to the vet min, another team can say we'll pay him $4 million so the Warriors have to match(if room) or other team gets him.

It does suck a bit if they all choose between the two teams. We are I guess a top 5 side and have more room than Warriors and Cavs so will likely offer more to someone like Bogut but guessing it won't matter.

How do you stop ring chasers though? Do you treat any contract under 5 mil like a rfa? So if Warriors for example sign Bogut to the vet min, another team can say we'll pay him $4 million so the Warriors have to match(if room) or other team gets him.

It does suck a bit if they all choose between the two teams. We are I guess a top 5 side and have more room than Warriors and Cavs so will likely offer more to someone like Bogut but guessing it won't matter.

Well a lower hard cap would mean that there aren't 2 teams with 3 or 4 superstars on each team so at the deadline the ring chasers don't really know where to go.

I know the damage has been done once you raise the cap you can't lower it etc etc. It's just frustrating when I'm watching hockey a lot and not knowing who is going to win the playoffs every year and having that excitement and anticipation because the talent is actually really evenly spread.

Then you look at basketball and there is hardly even a competitive matchup in conferences this year. The lack of in-conference rivalries and predictability of it due to these super teams just irks me sometimes.

I don't understand why someone who plays basketball can justify earning almost a quarter billion dollars before tax on a contract.

Then again my CEO makes 5-10 mill a year and he can't even make a jumpshot.

Well a lower hard cap would mean that there aren't 2 teams with 3 or 4 superstars on each team so at the deadline the ring chasers don't really know where to go.

I know the damage has been done once you raise the cap you can't lower it etc etc. It's just frustrating when I'm watching hockey a lot and not knowing who is going to win the playoffs every year and having that excitement and anticipation because the talent is actually really evenly spread.

Then you look at basketball and there is hardly even a competitive matchup in conferences this year. The lack of in-conference rivalries and predictability of it due to these super teams just irks me sometimes.

I don't understand why someone who plays basketball can justify earning almost a quarter billion dollars before tax on a contract.

Then again my CEO makes 5-10 mill a year and he can't even make a jumpshot.

You work for Michael Kidd Gilchrist?

The whole shaq javale thing is a bit old now and if javale isn't a fan of the parody then it kinda seems on the verge of bullying which is kinda sad
Shaq should have stopped years ago. It was funny at first, but now it pretty much involves Shaq finding anything Javale does wrong and chucking it in there.

Shaq has pretty much turned it into a full on hate campaign against McGee.

If the shoes were on the other foot Shaq would hate it. The bloke cannot take being the butt of the joke at all.

Last edited:
Come watch the Pels; we also have lots of post offence but zero Colangelos.

We also have a lot of free seats.

We have a Talking Stick in Phoenix.

KCP getting the max this off season.
Also scary that Ish has been close to our best player for the last month

KCP getting the max is not good. I was surprised to discover the other day that he's shooting worse in nearly every category than...........Brandon Knight.

Hail the new market!

Back