The Official Week 25 Thread...goodbye to The Process, hello to The Playoffs

What I'll remember most about the 2015-16 NBA Regular Season is...

• Golden State's 70+ win season

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Steph Curry's insane shooting

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • The rise of the Eastern Conference

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That injuries ruined my team's season

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Pork Zingers!

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • KAT!!!

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Kobe's farewell tour

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Head touching

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread tripled in size in the space of a few hours. I choose to believe that I haven't missed much.

So any first round series in the west go to 6 games?

Look East young man, coz it ain't happening out West.

What kobe did in announcing his retirement during the season allowed the franchise to prepare not only for the remainder of the season, but also next and subsequent years.

That $50 million extension helped them prepare for the future too ;)

Who else has the right to a full season retirement tour?
Nobody playing right now is even close to deserving that.

Lebron when he goes, yeah sure.

Garnett, Dirk, Duncan. They won't though.

PeterNorth? How are we doing the playoff threads this year? East and West First round?

Yes please, better than eight separate threads.

stewie griffen feel free to go nuts as I'm unfortunately swamped at a most inopportune time.

Hornacek and Scott Brooks (KD connection) considered front runners for the Wizards job. LOL

Could be worse, you just know someone is going to hire Mark Jackson again.

What kobe did in announcing his retirement during the season allowed the franchise to prepare not only for the remainder of the season, but also next and subsequent years.

if he didnt say anything, the speculation would have driven the club and NBA world mad. We've seen what contract negotiations did to geelong cats when ablett was deciding, same with buddy. kobe got it out of the way early for the good of the game

So the question is, what is worse. And it is not really much of a question.

Disappointed Kobe didn't play the last quarter with ice wrapped around his shoulders and knees.

Self indulgent but who gives a ****, entertaining game to watch and despite what you think of him a champion.

Curry a few kms away just taking the piss also. Man they play some pretty basketball.

Can't believe Minny have another top 5 pick incoming.

They have played their rebuild to perfection.
Bullshit. They're one of the most clueless franchises in pro sports.

They've been rebuilding since they traded Garnett in 2007. There would be something wrong if they didn't have a few lottery picks to show for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you're taking the piss.

Dirk, Duncan and Garnett all worthy, but certainly wouldn't bother because they're not FIGJAMs.

KG sitting on a non playoff team could have made a case for one, except he let the kids play and get some much needed experience

kobe-chart-1.png

Kobe's career

Surely you're taking the piss.

Dirk, Duncan and Garnett all worthy, but certainly wouldn't bother because they're not FIGJAMs.

Sorry but none of them are anywhere near Kobe, plus Garnett has played for like 3 different teams.

Duncan and Dirk may be worthy but dont seem like the type to do it.

Sorry but none of them are anywhere near Kobe, plus Garnett has played for like 3 different teams.

All three are on the same playing level, if you don't think so you're surely taking the piss.

Kobe beats them in popularity and attention seeking.

Last edited:

Duncan's been better than Kobe IMO.

Garnett is/was Minnesota - have a look at the Wolves' record pre and post Garnett.

All three are on the same playing level, if you don't think so you're surely taking the piss.

Kobe beats them in popularity and attention seeking.

Im not taking the piss. Kobe has been far superior to Garnett specifically.

Also anyone mentioning Paul Pierce can GTFO.

Tim Duncan and Dirk I would love to see, but as I said neither strike me as the type to do it.
1 team players, former MVPs, NBA champions.

Still when talking best all time, I sitll have Kobe ahead of Tim and a gap down to Dirk.

Im not taking the piss. Kobe has been far superior to Garnett specifically.

Also anyone mentioning Paul Pierce can GTFO.

Tim Duncan and Dirk I would love to see, but as I said neither strike me as the type to do it.
1 team players, former MVPs, NBA champions.

Still when talking best all time, I sitll have Kobe ahead of Tim and a gap down to Dirk.
Clueless

I love how you and others act like Kobe is a four time MVP.

Was he even the best player in the world for more than a year?

All of those guys had just as much or an impact on their franchises as Kobe did. Two of them didn't have a prime Shaq or Gasol type talent next to then.

Food for thought:

Championships - Duncan 5, Kobe 5*

MVP - Duncan 2, Kobe 1

Finals MVP - Duncan 3, Kobe 2

MVP award share (all time) - Duncan 9th, Kobe 11th

Career PER - Duncan 13th, Kobe 22nd

Career W/S - Duncan 6th, Kobe 15th

Career W/S p48 - Duncan 13th, Kobe 54th

Career Box Score +/- Duncan 11th, Kobe 33rd

Career VORP - Duncan 6th, Kobe 15th

Yeah, Kobe is no where near Duncan. He's in the same bracket as Garnett and Dirk.

But like someone said Kobe is popular and playing in the biggest market in the NBA. He's a one team player. Plus he's also on a horrible team that was willing to give him a farewell tour.

And the obvious one being the other guys haven't actually retired yet...

Back