The Official Week 25 Thread...goodbye to The Process, hello to The Playoffs

What I'll remember most about the 2015-16 NBA Regular Season is...

• Golden State's 70+ win season

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Steph Curry's insane shooting

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • The rise of the Eastern Conference

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That injuries ruined my team's season

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Pork Zingers!

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • KAT!!!

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Kobe's farewell tour

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Head touching

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he certainly stayed true to himself right til the end...

50142749380f2.jpeg

Say what you want about Kobe but can't deny he had a great career and will go down as one of the best.

In saying that though I hope this doesn't become a precedence for others to do a season long retirement tour.

Dirk certainly won't, he'll bow out quitely without much fanfare once the Mavs season ends (I'd say probably one more season, two tops)

To be honest, Dr J also had a season farewell tour but done with a lot more class and far less self-important FigJammary.

What kobe did in announcing his retirement during the season allowed the franchise to prepare not only for the remainder of the season, but also next and subsequent years.

if he didnt say anything, the speculation would have driven the club and NBA world mad. We've seen what contract negotiations did to geelong cats when ablett was deciding, same with buddy. kobe got it out of the way early for the good of the game

What happens if you don't end up with a top three pick in the Lottery ? Lakers are well and truly Joan Collinsed then :p

Say what you want about Kobe but can't deny he had a great career and will go down as one of the best.

In saying that though I hope this doesn't become a precedence for others to do a season long retirement tour.
Who else has the right to a full season retirement tour?
Nobody playing right now is even close to deserving that.

Lebron when he goes, yeah sure.

Who else has the right to a full season retirement tour?
Nobody playing right now is even close to deserving that.

Lebron when he goes, yeah sure.

I could definitely see Lebron doing a retirement tour....

and maybe Lance Stephenson...

Kareem had a season long farewell tour in 1989/90. Only if you are a Laker do you get a Farewell tour.:)
I would suggest Kareem's reception from opposition supporters would have been a great deal more sincere. IIRC even a few Celtic fans had tears in the eyes when he was farewelled at the old Boston Gardens.

Where does 50 shots rank all time?

Where does 50 shots rank all time?

It's not the most field goals ever attempted, with Wilt Chamberlain attempted 63 shots when he scored 100. But since the stat started being tracked officially in the 1983-84 season, no one has ever taken 50 shots. Only six times have players taken more than 45 shots, with three of them belonging to Bryant. Before Bryant's 50, the most attempts taken since 1985-86 was Michael Jordan with 49 field goal attempts. Of course Bryant would top Jordan in something in his final game ever.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/4/14/11428992/kobe-bryant-50-shots-nba-record-perfect

Out of interest, Kobe took 46 shots in his 81-point game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PeterNorth? How are we doing the playoff threads this year? East and West First round?

Yeah east and west first round definitely. otherwise too cluttered with all the other stickied threads.

Individual threads containing in depth analysis and critiques from semis onwards

Back