The Officialest Official Live Draft Thread 2017 - No Twitter Spoilers!

Remove this Banner Ad

You think the Butler trade is all time bad?

I reckon the return is being underrated a bit.
I mean we'll see but I'm pretty sure Dunn sucks, Lavine just did his ACL but even healthy he's a one way gunner, jury's out on Markkenen (who I actually like prob more than what's been bandied about but still, no defense, doesn't rebound) and gave up 16 as well.

You think the Butler trade is all time bad?

I reckon the return is being underrated a bit.
Yes. They got Lavine who is coming off an ACL, Dunn who was garbage and drafted Markkenen who projects to be Channing Frye for a player that is probably the second best shooting guard in the NBA and pick 16. Then they just sold pick 38..

I mean we'll see but I'm pretty sure Dunn sucks, Lavine just did his ACL but even healthy he's a one way gunner, jury's out on Markkenen (who I actually like prob more than what's been bandied about but still, no defense, doesn't rebound) and gave up 16 as well.
I'm interested to see how Lavine turns out in Chicago. Playing with Wiggins probably wasn't the best thing for him.

Im so happy with Lonzo Ball. An NBA body sized PG with spectacular shooting %s at college. Vision that matches JKidd

I'm interested to see how Lavine turns out in Chicago. Playing with Wiggins probably wasn't the best thing for him.

There was some overlap with Wiggins.

LaVine will work incredibly hard in Chicago; his college statistical profile was so poor that there was no precedent for anyone similar having a professional career at all. His D is poor.

Dunn can play; he's a plus defender but struggles offensively. I tend to think his path to a long term career is off the ball.

The Wolves taking Markinnan was my worst nightmare, so the Bulls using pick 7 to take him and overlooking Dennis Smith as PG of the future is surprising.

Was happy with the bulls trade until pick 16 was included.. if we'd have kept that pick for a rebuilding side it'd have been a good result ..

Not sure now what we are going to do with our 25 point guards and we should probably now be hoping wade opts out and move on rondo too and commit to the full on re build

I really love Issac. That front court pairing with Gordon could be something special.

I kind of wanted a more safer bet for Orlando like Tatum, but if it works out they could have a really potent two-way player. Incredible on D.
I'm in love with Jono Isaac's length

No homo

He's gonna be our Greek Freak.
Isaac not a great way to start first interview as an Orlando Magic
Yeah that was concering... :tearsofjoy:

Im so happy with Lonzo Ball. An NBA body sized PG with spectacular shooting %s at college. Vision that matches JKidd
And such a rude head that he's probably less likely than your average lottery pick to end up with an actress/model girlfriend and fall into a life of Hollywood debauchery.

Just wins all round for the Lakers.

Was happy with the bulls trade until pick 16 was included.. if we'd have kept that pick for a rebuilding side it'd have been a good result ..

Not sure now what we are going to do with our 25 point guards and we should probably now be hoping wade opts out and move on rondo too and commit to the full on re build
Who the hell even cares anymore

Garpax need to go

Wade Opted in.

Okay. I'll just forget about all those games where he struggled to hit 10 points, and just focus on the rest.
all 5 of them?

Butler is incredibly consistent. Im not expecting a two way SF to be dropping 20 a night.

Last edited:
Butler's good but I feel like him and George have become overrated the last year or so.

I'm really curious to see how Wiggins and Butler work together. I have my doubts.
Wiggins is still streaky as Hell, but He has shown he can make the three, Problem is he has spots he's easily comfortable with, shooting from the 45 degree, Teams often hedge him to the right side and can sag off a bit because he's not comfortable from that side, Getting a lot better but nothing you would be championing about

Wiggins will be fine, Really confident that he'll thrive having less to worry about Physical match ups defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all 5 of them?

Butler is incredibly consistent. Im not expecting a two way SF to be dropping 20 a night.

His scoring breakdown for last season reads thus:

0-9 pts - 5 times
10-19 pts - 18 times
20-29 pts - 42 times
30-39 pts - 12 times
40+ pts - 5 times

For an allegedly inconsistent player there sure are a helluva lot of games in that meaty part of the Bell curve.

His scoring breakdown for last season reads thus:

0-9 pts - 5 times
10-19 pts - 18 times
20-29 pts - 42 times
30-39 pts - 12 times
40+ pts - 5 times

For an allegedly inconsistent player there sure are a helluva lot of games in that meaty part of the Bell curve.
But he often struggles to score over 10 points tho.

Staying way out of the, "How good is Butler?" discussion, I still haven't really processed the trade to be honest. It just seems so ridiculous. Not even in terms of what we had to give up, just the fact that Minnesota have managed to trade for a very good player who was quite sought after.

I'll admit I don't really know much about basketball but I've been starting to watch bits and pieces lately. Watched Simmons at LSU and that's what got my interested so naturally 76ers would be my team. :)
My first sport and team. Back in the late 80's early 90's the main way to follow the NBA was a weekly newspaper publication that recapped the games, and had a big section with all the box scores. Used to also buy Sports illustrated, and then Slam magazine came out in the mid 90's.

I used to watch the NBA on Saturday mornings and read about college ball. It was the Jerry Stackhouse appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated that led me to following the Sixers. I decided that which ever team drafted Stackhouse would be "my team".

And it was being a draft nut that brought me to AFL.

And such a rude head that he's probably less likely than your average lottery pick to end up with an actress/model girlfriend and fall into a life of Hollywood debauchery.

Just wins all round for the Lakers.

You think money doesn't trump rude heads when it comes to dem hoes?

BArFt.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back