Solved The Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the quality articles on the issue, that one is just about rock bottom.

Daily Mail ... :)

But contrast the information we're getting on EAR out of the US with, for example the Claremont Serial Killer out of Australia. We still don't know specifically how Bradley Edwards was found or what evidence there is against, almost like people are too scared to speak.

The DNA taken and uploaded to ( say Gedmatch) is compared to 100,000s and 100,000s of thousands of others. Especially in the US where Family History has taken off in the light of DNA .

I upload my sample to the record set. I have done the paper trail already (as best I can) suddenly I have 2000-3000 matches some 2nd-4th cousin line but mostly 5th cousin and more. The 5th cousin and more line I ignore or put them aside.

The 2nd-4th cousin line I study the names presented and look for commonality. If I see a name that matches mine I contact the person and confirm the paper trails.

The police in this case have done it in reverse. They have no paper trail. They upload the DNA sample and all these names came up. The commonality of the close matches ie 2nd-4th cousin suggest they should focus on these lines. Then the hard work starts. They highlight each of these GGgrandparent lines and do the paper trail back to now. They eliminate those who died prior to the events and they eliminate those due to age. They then would have a grouping of , lets say 100 males , that fit the pattern . They then covertly gather DNA samples and test each individually
But if you upload your sample why would g g g grandparents even be relevant if there is a 50% match with a sister or high percentage match with a close relative, for example?

But if you upload your sample why would g g g grandparents even be relevant if there is a 50% match with a sister or high percentage match with a close relative, for example?
Because its obvious there wasnt.

My sister hasnt tested, nor anybody in my immediate family, and if they have and they are not on my list then there is a Non-Paternal Event

Some of his DNA is in a glove mixed with someone else's apparently. I don't know enough about the process but does it make sense it has to be separated?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
It doesn't need to be physically separated but getting a profile from a mix is much more complicated, generally.

Good point
Couldn't access a large enough volunteer dna database I would assume.
Just for everyones information

• AncestryDNA has the largest database containing more than 10 million people. The AncestryDNA test was only available in the US until 2015, resulting in a large proportion of testers from the USA. AncestryDNA launched in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada during 2015 and in more countries during 2016. The number of matches from Australia, New Zealand, UK and Ireland is steadily increasing and results are becoming very productive for many testers.

• Family Tree DNA's autosomal DNA database is considerably smaller than AncestryDNA's, but its Family Finder test has always been very popular and accessible internationally. It has been available outside the US since 2010, so many Australians, New Zealanders, British and Irish participants tested with Family Tree DNA's Family Finder long before AncestryDNA was available. FTDNA also has hundreds of thousands of Y-DNA and mtDNA customers

• 23andMe's database contains over 5 million testers. Many testers use 23andMe primarily for health reports, so not all will opt-in to the genealogy results (DNA Relatives), and additionally testers are required to share their DNA data to enable comparisons. 23andMe launched in the UK and Canada in late 2014. They still sell their kits to Australia & NZ from the US, even though they have previously expressed interest in selling DNA kits directly in Australia.

• MyHeritage DNA's database has exceeded 1.25 million testers, and is growing very quickly. New matches are appearing who haven't tested at any other companies. MyHeritage DNA opened transfers inwards from other testing companies in mid-2016 (free), and started selling their own test kits from November 2016. MyHeritage reports having more than 93 million members (does not mean this many tested only future possibles)

There is much more information on the relevant companies on the link also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they had Zodiac’s DNA from a stamp or something.

Was just reading that, they sent stamps and envelopes away a few months ago to try and get a profile but no result yet. I'd only seen that they had a glove, maybe if they're not successful with the stamps they'll try that next.

Paul Holes at a Crimecon presentation apparently has said that Auburn PD searched DeAngelo's house after he was caught shoplifting the hammer/dog repellent. While inside the house they found a big collection of hammers. Along with the hammers they found (what they thought) was stolen goods but didn't think they could ever prove it so never really fully investigated.

I think there might be more to this story than lifting a hammer and a can of dog repellent.

But anyhoo, an investigative journalist has for some time been making inquiries into linking EAR to the Aurora Hammer Murders in Colorado.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/crime/unsolved-the-bennett-family-murders/73-400296946

Gedmatch which is a central upload facility for DNA matches to be compared have confirmed they are the company used by LE to track DeAngelo

April 27, 2018 We understand that the GEDmatch database was used to help identify the Golden State Killer. Although we were not approached by law enforcement or anyone else about this case or about the DNA, it has always been GEDmatch�s policy to inform users that the database could be used for other uses, as set forth in the Site Policy ( linked to the login page and https://www.gedmatch.com/policy.php). While the database was created for genealogical research, it is important that GEDmatch participants understand the possible uses of their DNA, including identification of relatives that have committed crimes or were victims of crimes. If you are concerned about non-genealogical uses of your DNA, you should not upload your DNA to the database and/or you should remove DNA that has already been uploaded.

Listening to the Casefile podcast for the first time this week. It's so much more satisfying to listen to now that I know they've caught the prick.

I also saw this referenced earlier in the thread, the constant references to his unusually small penis seemed weird to me. How small would it have to be to be unusually small?

Was absolutely incredible he wasn't caught when all this was happening. So many people just not reporting things to police etc.

I also saw this referenced earlier in the thread, the constant references to his unusually small penis seemed weird to me. How small would it have to be to be unusually small?

One witness said three inches long, another said as wide as a hotdog so it's a cross between a hotdog and a frankfurt. :flushed:

One witness said three inches long, another said as wide as a hotdog so it's a cross between a hotdog and a frankfurt. :flushed:
I suppose that would stay with someone...

I listened to part 3 this morning and one of the women mentioned she thought he swapped to a fake penis during one of the rapes. Obviously she'd have been going through hell at that time but I would have though you'd notice if he was using a fake one. The size alone would have been different, surely. I can't imagine there's much of a market for a hotdog cross frankfurt fake penis...

I suppose that would stay with someone...

I listened to part 3 this morning and one of the women mentioned she thought he swapped to a fake penis during one of the rapes. Obviously she'd have been going through hell at that time but I would have though you'd notice if he was using a fake one. The size alone would have been different, surely. I can't imagine there's much of a market for a hotdog cross frankfurt fake penis...

Pretty sure they were mostly blindfolded, the measurements were taken when he initially came charging through the house with no pants on and through his idea of foreplay.

Is that a skin on or skin off hotdog? Also, some start off small and get much bigger when erect whereas others don't change in size much at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back