Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Wandi is just a bunch of paddocks isn't it?

Bedfordale is a good spot if you want an acreage and still need to commute to the CBD. Armadale (5 minute drive) to Perth on the train is only about 35 minutes.

I'd want something like this if I lived in the hills:

$865,000

Wandi is just a bunch of paddocks isn't it?
Nah not really, lots of bushy blocks and big blocks that are liveable. I have a mate who rents out there and he always gets Bilbys in the backyard.

Oakford next door is a lot of paddocks, and the areas around Thomas Rd

Yes?

Nah not really, lots of bushy blocks and big blocks that are liveable. I have a mate who rents out there and he always gets Bilbys in the backyard.

Oakford next door is a lot of paddocks, and the areas around Thomas Rd

Def bilbies and not bandicoots? Awesome if it's bilbies. Have never seen one in WA.

I work at Armadale hospital and we always see bandicoots in the bushy area surrounding the caparks .

Ask the bike shop . They will have trucking freight contacts. 150 bucks and my duke went across in the back of a truck. Or ride it over. Fabulous experience for me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is a private seller. Is only a 4k bike as it's old so maybe I just throw the dice and buy it sight unseen.
What’s ur question W.

Duke 390, 790 or Superduke I assume is the question.

Ahh never really thought of how you spelt the shortened version of Ducati. Killer bike that, keep it standard or turned into a cafe racer?

They are a cafe racer from standard. Rear sets , clip ons etc . Yeah I owned a couple over the years . Beautiful bike to boy race.

I work at Armadale hospital and we always see bandicoots in the bushy area surrounding the caparks .

They are everywhere these days. Never saw one until the mid 2000s maybe but after a baiting campaign to get rid of foxes, cats etc. they have exploded in numbers. Hopefully there are more numbats getting around also, but they are nocturnal and shy. Bandicoots will hang around humans hoping for food.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be forgiven for thinking a Bandicoot was a massive rat as it scuttled along your garden bed.

I've got one around here that's so unperturbed by my presence that I'd almost call him tame - like comes within 2 feet of me and has virtually no fear of me. It's awesome!

Mt Richon should have always been part of Bedfordale. Makes no sense for a small pocket on the other side of SW Hwy to be part of Armadale.

People move to those suburbs because they are cheap and new. If you want a 3 or 4 bedroom house with a yard for kids and can only afford $300k or so then those suburbs are your options. Somewhere like SA's favourite Kardinya is going to cost you $500k+ for something most likely built in the 80s or early 90s. Better family suburbs just go up from that.

Nah, never. It is part of Armadale functionally and geographically. It is suburbia on the ridge of the hills overlooking the coastal plain with a view to the sea on a good day. Walking distance to Armadale shops and train station etc. Bedfordale is more your larger blocks for hobby farmers and horsie types who need to live close enough to commute to work. I spent a good many years there, it was never part of Bedfordale. They only got the new name because the same style of properties a little further north got to call themselves Mt Nasura and their property prices started accelerating faster than the Mt Richon people who were still stuck with the Armadale tag (being within walking distance of it). A large proportion of the residents were Dutchies who needed to live close by to their church and religious schools in the district.

Very much their zone - I think there are six Free Reformed churches between Southern River and Byford.

Yes. this was the reason my parents settled in Armadale when they first arrived. Long story but they eventually left the church and then felt free to move to other suburbs. Many of them are tied to the district. In the early days it just outside of the city, before the urban sprawl caught up and engulfed what was once a tranquil little semi-rural village.

There's something about having to leave the 'free reformed' church in order to feel free to leave the area in which said church operates that is not quite right.

The name actually comes from a Dutch translation, which basically means that they split away from the Reformed Church in the Netherlands (so are free of them). I believe the Free Church of Scotland has a similar history.

But yes, from what I understand they have often struggled to grasp the application of freedom in Christ, particularly with how that relates to being part of a church community - which has led to quite a number of sad stories and many people turned away from Jesus altogether. Refomed and Presbyterian churches have had similar struggles over the years, though probably not to the same extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back