Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

I found a video of grandma.

tumblr_otta4nUsMA1wv84woo1_1280.jpg
Why do so many workplaces have the same couch?

Isn't that what happened to the young girl in Perth a few years back, she grabbed hold of the outside water tap and it was live and she was stuck on it for minutes before they could get her off it? Public housing from memory.
Remember that, So there obviously was a fault somewhere where some leakage was coming through to the tap outside, As the girl turned on the tap for a drink and Water is a great conductor, Can be absolutely fatal and it's so s**t whats happened to her and her family

Word is (Rumors) that a sub contractor didn't install RCD switches correctly (Absolute mandatory) so if the power is out by 30Milliamps (As in the amps is dropping by 0.3) it will auto switch off obviously, didn't happen, Obviously was a horrible install as most taps ect. will have earth leakage spikes to prevent this stuff as well

Public housing has been allowed to deteriorate for years - ever since privatisation. Work that was earmarked to be done wasn’t and work that was done wasn’t done properly

I read that in some regional areas there is a 8 year wait list and yet houses sit empty because no one is doing the required work on them

I have noticed though that this current govt is taking back some services which can only be a good thing

Public housing has been allowed to deteriorate for years - ever since privatisation. Work that was earmarked to be done wasn’t and work that was done wasn’t done properly

I read that in some regional areas there is a 8 year wait list and yet houses sit empty because no one is doing the required work on them

I have noticed though that this current govt is taking back some services which can only be a good thing
Yeah the privatisation and tender of contracts has been bad, It's saved the government a couple of quick $$$ yes, Yes there is a % of people in government housing who are just going to trash the place, But it's led to sub contractors honestly taking the piss in terms of work, a huge backlog on regional jobs (out-sourcing these regional jobs cost more then previously) and people treating them as "sweet, we got the contract, lets only do it when we run out of commercial/private contracts as the government backed jobs can be done in our "Downtime"

I always believe that for certain essential services eg public transport, housing, education, health that they should never be privatised.
A better view of "If we do X we reduce our liability and make our balance sheet look better" should be taken, the huge drive of privatisation in the 80's has certainly faired worse as years went on, Like the Government selling buildings/land they owned and then rented back off to raise capital was an odd one

I always believe that for certain essential services eg public transport, housing, education, health that they should never be privatised.

I'm a firm believer in utilities staying in the government's hands too. The state or federal coffers might get an instant sugar hit to the budget but that's pissed up against the wall quickly enough and all of those annual profits are gone forever and a large trainer of our apprentices are gone too.

Prisons is a big one too, IMO.

Yep, I worked in the state max. security prison in Vic, Barwon and the majority of the problems come from the privately run Port Phillip prison. All the crooks that had done part of their sentence in Port Phillip complained about it, all the visitors complained about it. It was pretty rare for someone that had worked at Port Phillip to then be employed at Barwon, the reputation was that bad.

Don't ever vote in a state government over there who has selling off Western Power / Synergy / Horizon Power as one of their policies.

Considering a high ranking [and for a couple of years, boss] person in the Dept of Housing is currently in prison awaiting sentencing for spearheading a fraud of at least 22million, it's not surprising that public housing has been missing out.

Not just he, but all the other Housing staff who were suspicious but turned a blind eye to his lifestyle should be embarrassed by themselves.

Gave me a laugh
I do wonder if there is a clause in there somewhere that is able to knock their application back.

Bet they weren’t expecting this sort of application

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering a high ranking [and for a couple of years, boss] person in the Dept of Housing is currently in prison awaiting sentencing for spearheading a fraud of at least 22million, it's not surprising that public housing has been missing out.

Not just he, but all the other Housing staff who were suspicious but turned a blind eye to his lifestyle should be embarrassed by themselves.
Almost forgot about this. Wasn't one guy who was being investigated in this also commit suicide once it got made public?

Discussed with GF. She thinks its rough for families having this announced so close to Christmas. I think its a good thing/better done now rather than waiting.

Thoughts?
I think its a good thing. They need to move on and been waiting long enough

Almost forgot about this. Wasn't one guy who was being investigated in this also commit suicide once it got made public?
Attempted to.
Drunk a heap of bleach, survived and is now 'cooperating' with Police and CCC [from gaol].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back