Rumour The Polec Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't paid much attention to him, what does he bring to the table? We have so many mids

Long kicking, ball carrying wingman. Has untapped potential at this point due to discipline/injury issues.

Fits the profile of a lot of our on ball brigade in that he's around 189cm...

I like him anyway but what's his pace like?

Do we just offer our 2nd rounder? Is that pretty close?

I'm on board the Polec train. Nice kick on him, knows how to drop it where the player is leading to.

What sort of deal would we need to do?

For my understanding can someone give a rating of how good of a future prospect polec 1-10 ...10 being fugging awsome

Do you think he'd add much other than depth, Finny?

I guess the question with Polec is injuries and attitude. Get them right, in his favoured environment, and most definitely yes. In my opinion we'd be nuts not to give a home to a 20 year old who went pick 5 in his draft and grew up a mad Port supporter anyway. What do we have to lose?

I'd have Polec in our best 22 every day of the week IF he works hard and has a solid preseason. The more midfielders that can rotate through the forward line, the more we can play total football. Especially since they are introducing capped rotations next year.

Brisbane won't want just a second round draft pick, but since they need a forward...perhaps a 2nd rounder and D.Stewart will get the deal done. A change of scenery might be good for him and it may 'click'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have Polec in our best 22 every day of the week IF he works hard and has a solid preseason. The more midfielders that can rotate through the forward line, the more we can play total football. Especially since they are introducing capped rotations next year.

Brisbane won't want just a second round draft pick, but since they need a forward...perhaps a 2nd rounder and D.Stewart will get the deal done. A change of scenery might be good for him and it may 'click'.

we'd have to pay them to take d stew

Daniel Stewart is from QLD i beleive!

Can people please not go onto the Brisbane board and say we'll just take him in the PSD.

Probable deal IMO: Our first for Polec + their second
Possible deal: Our second and third for Polec + their fourth

If we could get him for a second rounder (maybe they'll just want to get the trade done early and move on to others), we're laughing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Polec say he wants to come to Port than Brisbane can not negotiate with any other club, correct? If this is the case wouldnt that mean if we couldnt agree on a deal with the Lions couldnt he just go to the National Draft where we could use our second round draft pick on him as the crows dont have any for the first two rounds?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Polec say he wants to come to Port than Brisbane can not negotiate with any other club, correct? If this is the case wouldnt that mean if we couldnt agree on a deal with the Lions couldnt he just go to the National Draft where we could use our second round draft pick on him as the crows dont have any for the first two rounds?

That post sure is Ben Jacobs

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Polec say he wants to come to Port than Brisbane can not negotiate with any other club, correct?

Not really. They can continue to negotiate with whoever they like, but a player always has to sign off of the trade in the end. And there would be more than just us and Adelaide interested in him in the PSD.

True but don't forget the crows can trade first and second round picks in.

Polec's been on Brisbane's list for 3 years, played 16 games and averaged 12 possessions and 0.6 goals per game. I don't think they can ask too much for him. At some point potential is just a word.

I like him anyway but what's his pace like?

Do we just offer our 2nd rounder? Is that pretty close?
If its genuine, the exclusive bit usually means his avenues are limited. Most likely a deal already done between the parties or a bit better than base salary loaded up with attractive match payments. Not worth any thing near 2nd round. No player wishing to change clubs wants the exclusive tag. He aint no Buddy F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back