Strategy The actual positive thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's plenty of positives.

We played 5 teenagers on the weekend (6 if you count Drury who turned 20 in January), and although Drury was down, the other 5 showed they belong at the level (from the brilliant Marstermind, we know the the last time we played 5 teenagers was 34 years ago, and we lost by 95).

Sheezel and Wardlaw rank 1 and 2 for their age; Powell #4 for his age

Paul Curtis had his first serious exposure in the centre, and showed that he could cut it

Xerri continues to develop manfully, ranks 3rd for hitouts, 1st for tackles by a ruck, 2nd for centre clearances for a ruck

Tom Powell and LDU both rank in the top 20 for centre clearances

There's silver linings if you look for them

Right now it’s so easy to feed into all the negativity that surrounds Nth. But I’m a glass half full kind of guy and onboard with Clarko’s “stay the course” narrative. We are 7 ( terrible) games into the season. There’s 17 more to go. We finish the season with: Tigs, WC, Dogs and Hawks. At some point this season with continuity of selection and availability we will gel as a team and the coaching and plan will become evident. Any trade/ draft talk has to be put aside for now. Logue and Dawson(Kallan) will be critical to our team performance and coming home with a wet sail is entirely possible. Injuries to important structural players right now is also killing us. Dawson, Goater, Logue, Ford, and CCJ. A West Coast style revival is certainly a possibility this year.

Right now it’s so easy to feed into all the negativity that surrounds Nth. But I’m a glass half full kind of guy and onboard with Clarko’s “stay the course” narrative. We are 7 ( terrible) games into the season. There’s 17 more to go. We finish the season with: Tigs, WC, Dogs and Hawks. At some point this season with continuity of selection and availability we will gel as a team and the coaching and plan will become evident. Any trade/ draft talk has to be put aside for now. Logue and Dawson(Kallan) will be critical to our team performance and coming home with a wet sail is entirely possible. Injuries to important structural players right now is also killing us. Dawson, Goater, Logue, Ford, and CCJ. A West Coast style revival is certainly a possibility this year.
Actually there's 16. The good news just keeps on coming!

We played 5 teenagers on the weekend (6 if you count Drury who turned 20 in January), and although Drury was down, the other 5 showed they belong at the level (from the brilliant Marstermind, we know the the last time we played 5 teenagers was 34 years ago, and we lost by 95).

Paul Curtis had his first serious exposure in the centre, and showed that he could cut it

Xerri continues to develop manfully, ranks 3rd for hitouts, 1st for tackles by a ruck, 2nd for centre clearances for a ruck

But our senior players are for the tip.
Simpkin
L.Mcdonald
Corr
Tucker
Fisher
Stephenson
Coleman-Jones
Stephens
Greenwood
Shiels
Zurhaar
(overrated/gone anyway)

But our senior players are for the tip.
Simpkin
L.Mcdonald
Corr
Tucker
Fisher
Stephenson
Coleman-Jones
Stephens
Greenwood
Shiels
Zurhaar
(overrated/gone anyway)
Wrong thread, mate. Every other thread is for this.

Top 20 for CC sounds better than it really is. It's only slightly better than being Top 20 for hitouts as a ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm coming to Aus in July and I know we are going to get belted but I will see as many games as I possibly can. I want to see Duursma, Curtis and Comben (and hopefully Maley) fly for their marks. I want to see Sheezel, LDU and McKercher breaking ankles and hitting Larkey and Zhurhaar lace-out. I want to hear big X and Archer hitting bodies and Biggie smacking the ball over the boundary. I want to see Wardlaw doing his thing and getting the ball out to Powell and the runners. I want to see Dawson and Logue and Hardeman working as a unit.
I really want to see Simpkin and McDonald playing good footy.

I'm coming to Aus in July and I know we are going to get belted but I will see as many games as I possibly can. I want to see Duursma, Curtis and Comben (and hopefully Maley) fly for their marks. I want to see Sheezel, LDU and McKercher breaking ankles and hitting Larkey and Zhurhaar lace-out. I want to hear big X and Archer hitting bodies and Biggie smacking the ball over the boundary. I want to see Wardlaw doing his thing and getting the ball out to Powell and the runners. I want to see Dawson and Logue and Hardeman working as a unit.
I really want to see Simpkin and McDonald playing good footy.
good work, enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back